Blast from the Past

Against All Odds

Blast from the Past

~

"Lee Jihoon, Mr. Choi would see you now." A woman said. Jihoon breathed in and out. She was already inside the building. She was amazed by how big the building was. She was dressed in her best corporate attire. She looked at the woman. The woman was beautiful, she was a little bit older than Jihoon, maybe she was on her mid thirties. Jihoon followed the woman. The woman led her down the hall. For some reason, Jihoon started to feel anxious. Down the hall were eight elevators. The woman jammed on the button with the arrow up sign. They patiently and silently waited for the elevator to arrive. A minute has passed and the elevator doors finally opened. Jihoon then became jittery. She felt something on her stomach. She began to shiver, she was not sure if it was due to coldness or because of nervousness. Jihoon was snapped out of her thoughts when she saw the woman, glaring at her while impatiently tapping her heels on the floor. Jihoon quickly entered the elevator and the woman jammed on the seventeenth floor. Jihoon felt bad for the elevator button. For some reason, it was the one receiving the all the woman's frustrations. Jihoon suddenly felt conscious. She looked at the woman again. She sure was pretty but there was something about her aura that Jihoon didn't liked. The woman looked lovely in her corporate attire and Jihoon felt inferior to her. Jihoon fixed herself. She tied her hair into a ponytail due to Mingyu's request. Mingyu told Jihoon that she looked beautiful in a ponytail. She fixed her crumpled attire and took a deep breath. Jihoon started to contemplate whether to go through with this or not. Was she that desperate to have a job? Jihoon watched the screen to change as they went up. The elevator music was surely not helping Jihoon to calm down. Anxiety was now building up inside Jihoon. It was as tall as this building. They reached the seventeenth floor and as soon as the doors opened, the woman quickly walked out of the elevator. Jihoon quickly followed her.

"Wait. There's one thing you should know first...." The woman said and stopped Jihoon from entering the room. Jihoon became more jittery than ever.

"It looks like you are a good and smart girl. Piece of advice you should think about this. If you get this job....you might want to reconsider. This job isn't a joke. This company is one of the biggest companies here in Seoul. Sure, the pay is high for such a simple job but I'm gonna tell you one thing....the boss. He's bipolar and kind of moody. He's dangerous. No secretary last. The longest was less than a month. You should think this out. You still have a choice to back out and accept what life will offer you outside or you can accept this job and persevere. Your choice, just make sure that you won't regret it." The woman said and left Jihoon. Jihoon became more confused with her decision and the new found information was not helping at all.

Jihoon wiped her palm on her dress and composed herself before entering the office. She had finally made her choice. She was indeed that desperate for a job. It was a competitive world anyways....no matter where you are. You should learn how to adopt in this world. She looked at the office and is amazed at how spacious it is. It's not big but it isn't small either. The room consisted of glass walls, overlooking Seoul. There's a sofa on the left side and on the right side of the room, there's very long table with several chairs. Jihoon assumed is where they held their meetings. In the middle part of the room is a table with two chairs. Jihoon couldn't see her soon to be boss because he was facing the window. Jihoon diverted her attention because if she didn't she would feel anxious again. She was so busy admiring how beautiful the room was that she failed to notice that her boss was now looking at her. Staring at her to be exact. It took a few minutes before Jihoon had realized that her boss was in fact staring at her. She looked at her boss. Her eyes widened, she didn't realized how dangerous this man was. The woman was right, he was indeed dangerous, a dangerous man with looks. A man who's dangerously handsome. Jihoon stared at his eyes, his oh so beautiful big eyes. She was at lost for words....he was intimidating in a different way. His facial features was softened by his big eyes. He also had a well toned body. He suit made his body muscles evident. He was indeed muscular. Jihoon didn't missed the way how her boss' eyes traveled down her body. Was he checking her out? Jihoon felt more conscious than ever.

"Have a seat." Jihoon shivered as she heard his voice...even his voice is dangerous. Dangerously low. Low enough to be lost in this world.

"Have I seen you before?" The man said while looking intently at Jihoon's eyes. Jihoon was confused at what the man was implying.

"I don't think we have....sir."

"Well, think carefully...I think we have met before....woozi...." The man said. Jihoon's eyes started to widen and then realization hit her like a truck.

"Seungcheol?" Jihoon asked in disbelief.

~

Jihoon was on college at that time, she was busy walking down the university when she stopped at the vending machine to grab a drink. She was listening to Sistar's touch my body while drinking when somebody just grabbed her arm.

"She's my girlfriend." The man said to a girl.

"Really? Prove it then." The girl said and without any hesitation...the boy kissed Jihoon in her lips. Take note, Jihoon still hasn't swallowed her drink. Jihoon's eyes grew wide when the boy started Jihoon's lips. Jihoon who was still at the state of shock, stood there like a toad. The man then started to drink the liquid that was in Jihoon's mouth. That was when Jihoon woke up and slapped the man in his face.

~

"You!" Jihoon said. "You're the one who took advantage of me!'" Jihoon added.

"I didn't took advantage of you..." Seungcheol said.

"You freaking french kissed me at that time." Jihoon said.

"Oh please...aren't you done yet? We cleared that issue a long time ago." Seungcheol said while rolling his eyes.

"You still harassed me."

"That was a long time ago...can't we just bury the hatchet?"

"Easy for you to say....you're not the one who got kissed by a ert and was having a hard time because of that ex-girlfriend of yours." Jihoon said, she was still pissed at what happened that time....or there's something else that she's pissed at.

"Look, how many times would I have to say that....I didn't have a choice...my crazy ex-girlfriend thinks were still together."

"Yeah, she gave me a hard time....I got fired because of her." Jihoon said while remembering how pissed she was with that girl. If murdering someone isn't a punishable crime or a sin, she might have murdered her already.

"I was there to protect you....so you don't have to overreact at something like that."

"Whatever." Jihoon said and rolled her eyes.

"Past is past....you don't have to go overboard. Okay, you're hired. Just remember that this is different. Were not college students anymore and I don't need someone that is immature." Seungcheol said without looking at Jihoon.

"Of course....sir." Jihoon said. The woman was not kidding. Seungcheol did have moods swings.

"Okay, how's Mingyu."

 

 

[Author's note:]

First of all I would like to thank you for reading my story hehe. The one's that are in italized form are Jihoon's flashbacks :)