Day 5 - Friends and Foes with a hint of Strangers

My last hundred days with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun spends most of his time with Sunggyu. He would be with him during school hours and after school hours and this is fine for him as he does not really have any other friends other than Sunggyu. Whereas Kim Sunggyu has many friends, which is why sometimes, Woohyun is worried that he might be stealing Sunggyu all for himself. He once voiced out his concern to Sunggyu, whom the latter just dismissed it halfheartedly. 

“They aren’t really my friends from the start, they just wanted to be near me just so they could leech off me,” Sunggyu stated the obvious fact without batting an eyelash and that surprised Woohyun. 

It was an open secret that the people hanging with Sunggyu are people who want something from being beside him. If you stand beside a rich person, you would have a backup in case something happens and you would have certain access to places that normally, people without the cash and fame could not enter. However, Woohyun learned from Sunggyu that apparently that isn’t the case. He had never invited any of them to his house nor has any of them met his family. A fact that secretly delights Woohyun who have met Heechul, Sunggyu’s brother. He does not even hang out with them after school and it was them insisting that they were friends and that friends eat lunch together that resulted in Sunggyu always surrounded with that kind of people in school hours.

“If they weren’t your friends, then what are they?” Woohyun accidentally wondered out loud.

Sunggyu tilted his head as he pondered for a bit before answering, “people who are of no use to me.”

Woohyun widened his eyes as he tried to process what his friend just said. “Of no use to me” was a very wrong way to categorize people, that was what Woohyun felt.

“Maybe I phrased that too strongly, but really, their presences are insignificant.” Sunggyu tried to amend his words after he saw his friend’s shocked face but it does not really help since the meaning is still the same.

Woohyun tried to digest what he had just heard. He knows that Sunggyu is not a normal person which is why the normal common sense sometimes does not apply to him. A rich person’s child would, of course, see commoners as people who are of no use to them but he never expected Sunggyu to be so nonchalant about it.

“Isn’t that even worse?” Woohyun tried to make a joke out of this topic but his words are more of reassuring himself that his friend is not the typical spoiled rich brat but looking at Sunggyu’s face, it does not seem to be working.

Sunggyu rested his jaw on his hand as he thought back on his words. Were his words too harsh? Or was it misinterpreted by Woohyun? No, the meaning behind those words were as clear as day. It is a harsh way of describing people and truthfully, Sunggyu knows that he does not have the authority to judge people’s worth like how he did. However, whenever he sees those people hanging around him, pretending to be his friends and using his name to exploit certain rules and bully people, he sometimes feels very angry, irritated and frustrated at how he cannot stop them from doing all of these. He was for one, af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter