Day 3 - "Got some sweets with you right now?"

My last hundred days with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu woke up feeling heavy and tired which was a given after the attack not too long ago. He closed his heavy-lidded eyes, a small attempt to fall back to sleep but to no avail. Sometimes, Sunggyu just wishes to fall asleep and never wake up. That way, he would never experience the despair and the pain whenever his attacks occur or when he faces his family.


He still remembered it vividly, the day the doctor announced to his family that he only had less a year to live and to get his affairs in order. Not that he has much to settle anyways.


His father was calm and accepting since Sunggyu was not his successor of the company. From a young age, it was deemed that the older son is to inherit the company. Sunggyu accepted that without question since there was no doubt that his stepbrother excels in everything. Well, his personality is somewhat twisted but that is a story for another time. He wouldn’t want Woohyun to meet his brother though, he is sure that his brother would think of him as some sort of interesting toy and mess with him. Sunggyu sniggered slightly at the thought of his brother bullying Woohyun. 

Sunggyu admits that it would be fun to watch his brother bullying Woohyun.

Woohyun had always had this poker face on whenever Sunggyu sees him in class. Even when he spotted him feeding Lily and the others, he had always been expressionless and that quipped his interest in that person. Sunggyu would say that Woohyun is a normal high school student. He doesn’t stand out much from the crowd nor does he desire any sort of attention. 

Sunggyu himself would have never noticed him if not for the dogs behind the school building. He would say that he is not an animal lover nor does he hate them but when he saw how the little one was suffering, his hands moved the moment the thought came into his mind.

It would be better off for her to not feel any pain anymore.

And that was why he broke her neck and ended her life. Brutal would be what Woohyun used to describe the act but Sunggyu could see that he understood. However, Sunggyu understands it better than anyone that sometimes even if one understands something, it is hard to accept it wholeheartedly. 

One fine example of this would be his stepmother, a lovely, warm mother who is strict and caring with her sons. The society regards her as the perfect example of a capable woman, both at work and also at home. She is an outstanding lawyer who is just and fair and she is also a mother who guides her children objectively without bias. She is strict when she needs to be, gentle when comforting and provides a listening ear when her children need to vent their daily troubles. That was what made Sunggyu opened up to her after his biological mother died of an illness. He had shut himself in his room and went into deep depression after learning of the re-marriage. It was too fast for the young child to have a replacement for a mother. No, that is not quite right. There is no replacement for his mother.

However, his stepmother got rid of his depression with one tight slap across his face after storming into his room with tears running down her beautiful face. After all the screaming and clawing between the adult and child, they have both come to a truce. An understanding that she is not here to replace anyone. She is herself and she wishes that her best friend in heaven would never want to see her son in this pathetic state.

Sunggyu was glad and appreciative for her presence. Most of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter