Life calling

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyomin’s POV

Out of all people when I’m having a quality time with my sister, Lee Joon, one of my ex’s, the least and shortest relationship I’ve ever had, shows up. I must admit that I’m surprised to see him here, but my mind works faster than to show it , hence I think of way to deal with the situation right before me, and why do I have to do that when it should be simple just to tell your sister about your ex ?, well, that is not my case. In the opposite, it’s never easy to do so. The truth is I’ve never told Jessica about my dates and of course Jessica didn’t know about my several break-ups. After Eunjung, Jessica didn’t even know that I got myself into few relationships, and some dates. To my defense, if Jessica is the same person she was before, I would feel confident to confide everything and anything with her, simple thing wouldn’t turn this complicated, but since it happened, Jessica who is naturally overprotective, becomes more sensitive and emotional when it comes to someone coming into our lives. I remembered joking about marrying a guy of my type when we were watching a movie at home together, her overwhelm reaction greatly worried me when she cried out of the blue, and when I asked what was wrong, she eventually confessed that she was afraid that one day I would be in love with someone, marry, go on my own way and leave her alone. My heart was wrenched to hear once a very confident woman admitting her deepest fear, I know we’ve been through our great loss before, but it never came across my mind that my sister would be this vulnerable, but who am I to say this when I’m the lucky one who have been saved. And that right moment I learned that Jessica always felt insecure being in her state, not being able to walk again. Since then I’ve always been caustious and considerate with everything I do, and I think I’ve been good at it because Jessica never had a clue while I was dating out of loneliness , because I never leave her as promised, always treat her the way she deserves, spend most of my time with her than anyone, she gets my most attention and of course I love her the same, in which case, that’s why my relationship never works, I didn’t really put any effort in it, not that I want to, however I can’t care less, Jessica means a lot to me and she will always be part of me until the end of time.

Before Lee Joon could create trouble and make thing difficult for me, I have to shoo him out, Jessica is obviously feeling uncomfortable with stranger. I guess I will have to sort thing out with Jessica later. At first I thought it would be easy when Joon follow me out of the restaurant to talk, but I can feel that he is acting weird, he keeps saying that he missed me and wanted to get back together with me, which it’s ridiculous and impossible, after I have a short talk with him I quickly make it back to Jessica, not wanting to leave her alone that long, desperately to leave this place. As I think I can get away, Joon is back, he seems totally upset and scary, his eyes are not focusing.

“Please Hyomin”

When I hear him begging, I know I have to leave as soon as possible.

“Let’s go Jess” Jessica frowns but she makes her way out, maneuvering her wheelchair as I help moving stuff and clearing space, turning my back on Joon . I feel the strong grips when Lee Joon grabs my wrist and tries to hold me back.

“What do you want?” Jessica stops her wheelchair and looks up at Joon

"It's not your business" Joon says

Spontaneously, I shake off his hand but it’s hard to do so with his strength. I know right that moment he is out of his mind.

“Ouch!” My wrist hurts as he tightened his grips.

“Of course this is my business, and get your hand off my sister right now!” Jessica obviously gets furious, and her stare could kill at this point, and people start to stare, there is no where we can escape without being noticed.

“Oh this is your sister?” Joon asks in his disrespectful tone, I swear I’ll beat the craps out of him as soon as we get out of this place, that’s too much for my sister who doesn’t deserve it, I get mad now.

“Ow !” Suddenly Joon cries out loud, his hand letting go of my wrist, at the same time I yank from his grab stronger, the next thing I know I get thrown off with enough gravity that I can’t keep my balance.

“No!!” I hear Jessica screaming, followed by the sharp pain and blunt thud sound on my head, I get numb and pain at the same time.

“ Taeyeon , help” I hear another voice faintly , then I feel a pair of hands on my shoulder trying to lift me up, so I turn around .

“ Oh my Gosh” I start to feel pain on my forehead, and get a little dizzy, as I turn around to check if Jessica is alright only to be greeted by her widen eyes , her hand in . Well , that’s not a good sign.

“Do you have the first aid kit ?” The woman right before me turns her head around to scream at staff, then she stands up quickly reaching for something and puts on my forehead, I feel something wet, and then I see blood. Footstep running is echoing on my ears as a staff appears with a medical box alertly

“That’s deep” The woman before me says as she skillfully handles the stuff in the box .

“Help her please” I hear Jessica’s voice pleading at the background.

“Everyone please step aside she shall need air” She instructs. “ This will be a little sting” She warns

“Arch !” I’m not ready for it.

“I’ll stop the bleeding but you’ll need to go to hospital, the cut is so deep” She says with serious expression on her face, then her face starts to slip away as I feel lightheaded, cold and tired then I feel nothing.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Jessica waited patiently outside the intensive care unit as Hyomin was rushed to hospital after passing out. The incident was just crazy and Jessica wasn’t prepared for such an ordinary day to turn out this way, she was spacing out while staring at the close door but her mind was overthinking , she couldn’t help worrying about her sister.

“She will be alright” Jessica’s thought was interrupted by a husky voice, she turned around to find a gentle smile on her sister’s savior.

“Oh sorry” Jessica felt rude for totally forgetting that she was with another two people who just helped them to hospital

“No worries” Tffany said

“Thank you so much for taking care of my sister all the way here” Jessica gave Tiffany a little bow,

“You’re welcome” Tiffany gave Jessica a light smile. “ It’s my job by the way” Tiffany said, she was always proud of her career .

“Eh ?” Jessica was questioning with her facial expression

“I’m a nurse” Tiffany revealed

“Oh that’s why” Jessica said, it explained why the woman practically knew how to handle the situation and be good at it.

“May I know your name?” Jessica asked

“Oh, I’m Tiffany , Hwang Tiffany” Tiffany said, “ And this is my friend Taeyeon” She introduced her friends , both Taeyon and Jessica gave each other a slight bow

“Jessica” Jessica introduced shortly

“Tiffany, shall we leave now?” Taeyeon whispered softly, Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a questioning look and then she realized.

“Oh yeah, you need to pack and get ready for tomorrow trip” Tiffany remembered that her friend got stuff to take care, Jessica listened to their conversation. Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at each other for a short while.

“I think I’m good now, please feel free to leave, sorry for keeping you, thank you for your help” Jessica quickly said.

“It’s no problem” Tiffany quickly responded.

“It’s nice to meet you under this circumstance though, but I really have to leave” Taeyeon informed.

“Don’t worry, do you want a lift, I’ll get my driver to send you over your place?” Jessica offered.

“It’s ok we live nearby” Taeyeon said and Tiffany nodded

“Alright then, thank you again Tiffany, Taeyeon, I own you” Jessica said

“ Please don’t say so” Tiffany said

“I hope your sister gets well soon” Taeyeon grabbed her stuff and then Tiffany’s hand.

“Thanks” Jessica’s eyes were focused at Tiffany, Tiffany was reluctant to leave, while Taeyeon was ready

“And please don’t worry, your sister just needs some stitches and she will be ok” Tiffany added as she was being dragged.

“Thank you” Jessica smiled for the first time. She watched them leaving, Tiffany looked back with a warm smile before being dragged away.

Jessica heaved a tired sigh when she was alone again. She couldn’t understand why the process took so long, and unbearable. The empty waiting area at private expensive hospital was cold and dread lonely, at the time like this, she missed her parents the most. The silence was broken again with a heavy foot step ,more like half running , it caught Jessica’s attention when she turned her head at the direction to find a smiling drawing closer, she raised her brow.

“My friend decided to come back before me” Tiffany panted a little as she spoke.

“You don’t have to stay” Jessica was surprised to see her coming back

“I want to make sure that your sister is alright” Tiffany came up with her reason

“You said she will be ok, right?” Jessica was getting skeptic.

“Yeah, I’m sure she will be” Tiffany confirmed before sitting on seat next to Jessica.

“So?” Jessica looked at Tiffany.

“Can I stay with you for a little while?” Tiffany asked with her smile, and Jessica just didn’t know what to say, it would be rude to reject.

“Sure if you want” Jessica felt a bit awake, now she was alone with a stranger, somehow she felt less lonely.

“You and your sister looks alike” Tiffany began the conversation.

“Yeah, we look alike yet different” Jessica answered

“You seem so close, you must really love her” Tiffany admired, she remembered Jessica was on a verge of crying all the ride to hospital, holding her sister’s hand.

“I do, she is huge part of my life” Jessica said, smiling.

“I’m so envious” Tiffany was pouting

“Hm?” Jessica raised her eyebrow

“I don’t have any sibling and I had to play alone when I was kid” Tiffany made a sad face which Jessica found it funny to see a grown-up woman remorse over her childhood’s loneliness.

“I was so happy when my family moved to village where met my best friend Taeyeon” Tiffany told her story

“You mean your friend who was with us earlier?” Jessica asked remembering the name.

“Yes, she is, we have been friends since I was 9” Tiffany was reminiscing “Since then we have been inseparable” She added

“Oh yeah” Jessica listened to stranger’s story

“I’ve been so lucky, she is an amazing friend” Tiffany smiled, “She is pabo though, very easily fooled” Tiffany laughed, Jessica didn’t know what so funny about it, but she laughed along hearing Tiffany’s laughter.

“We did a lot of silly things together” Tiffany recalled, “Still I wished I had a younger sister who I could take care of, and be an example for her” Tiffany told Jessica her wishful thinking idea.

“It’s not as fun as you thought to have a sister” Jessica started her story.

“Why?” Tiffany asked

“Though we love each other, we fight a lot too” Jessica replied, “It’s very inevitable to argue over little things” She added.

“But still, I think it’s a heart-warming bond that only sisters can understand” Tiffany expressed her opinion.

“In some way, yes” Jessica agreed.

Jessica and Tiffany carried on their simple yet cozy conversation about life . Amazingly, Jessica felt comfortable around a stranger, by the time she knew it, the doctor showed up and informed that Hyomin was fine and done with patching up and she was at recovering room, Jessica was allowed to see her sister.

“Don’t you want to come and see her?” Jessica asked as she saw Tiffany was still seated at the same spot when she was moving.

“I guess, I’ll get going now” Tiffany smiled

“Oh” Jessica realized it was getting too dark now

“I’m glad she is safe” Tiffany collected her stuff.

“Er , Tiffany?” Jessica called

“Yeah” Tiffany looked at Jessica

“Thank you for everything” Jessica gave a gratitude smile

“It’s my pleasure” Tiffany said, “I hope to see you around” Tiffany added before biding good bye.

“Tiffany” Jessica called again, which Tiffany waited to listen but Jessica didn’t know what to say.

“Go to see your sister already” Tiffany bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter