Answer is somewhere

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

" You can't make people stay if they don't want , harder you hold them back , more desperate they want to leave" , it might sound just a neutral statement but Jessica has to admit , words stuck in her head all day long until dawn now , Jessica tears her eyes off the paragraph in her book , there is no point of continuing to read it when words don't seem to get into her head , she helplessly stares at a short sentence in a book without understanding it , not because it's hard to understand but she finds herself lost in her thoughts, several different thoughts ran to her mind unmindfully while she was reading , and sure enough , one was a random conversation she had with Tiffany this afternoon. Jessica puts down her book, she gives up reading because she fails to focus.

A knock on the door doesn't make it hard to guess a person behind the door, and it doesn't take long for her to figure it out , and she's never wrong about it, Hyomin walks in as soon as she is permitted, and what seems like a habit , she sits down on Jessica's bed , Jessica turns to look at Hyomin with her soft sisterly gaze

" How are you?" A concern gaze is obvious in Hyomin's eyes

" I am fine" Jessica answers shortly

" You didn't eat much, are you feeling well ?" Hyomin keeps asking

"Yeah"

Jessica's answer is not quite convinced , Hyomin isn't satisfied

" Are you sure?"

Jessica pauses , and after a little while , there is no absolute answer from her, she removes her eye glasses and places them next to her bed stand . Hyomin sighs, she extends her hand, placing her palm on Jessica's forehead to check if Jessica is sick or something , it doesn't take long before Hyomin can come up with basic check-up , confirming that Jessica is fine by her normal average temperature .

Still and again Hyomin heaves a helpless sigh, sometimes Jessica's calmness just makes it hard for her to guess what her sister is thinking, but judging from what happened tonight , Hyomin thinks she knows why Jessica's mood has swung this way . She searches for Jessica's eyes and realizes Jessica is still upset over little thing happened at the dinner. For a fact, Hyomin was very late for dinner because of an incident , which she offered to drive poor woman home , upon Hyomin's explanation, Jessica's brows were raised with disapproval for what Hyomin carelessly helped just a random person , the two sisters couldn't see eyes to eyes on such a thing. While Hyomin didn't think much of helping other, Jessica thought otherwise, she could see a potential danger that Hyomin just got off the car to help just any random person who could have been a creep or thief faking a scene, according to Jessica , it was a silly act rather than kindness. Their different perspectives led them to an argument that soured a family dinner time, Jessica eventually decided to leave the dining table before she could get mad when Hyomin didn't seem to understand her worry and probably got annoyed at her overprotectiveness.

" Please don't be mad at me"

Hyomin's voice is soft and weak, the last thing Hyomin wants is to leave their argument hanging without trying to solve it, especially with her sister, when Jesssica doesn't deserve to feel unhappy. Meanwhile Jessica has her soft spot too , she stares at her sister with a warmer gaze , with an unspoken forgiveness.

" I'm so lucky you know, I've got you to care for me and always watch my back" Hyomin continues , " So you know I never get annoyed when you keep checking when I don't get home yet , I couldn't think that I would ever find any better sister"

Hyomin means it , and that's enough for Jessica to forget every sour feeling she has , in fact she doesn't intend to stay mad at Hyomin as well

" I don't get mad at you" Jessica speaks after that

" I just ...."

" Worry about me I know" Hyomin completes the sentence , with a smile .

" Look Jess" Hyomin takes Jessica's hand , " As much as I appreciate your concern about me, I want you to be relaxed and happy, I don't want you to waste your time worrying too much, I feel bad and burdened about it"

Hyomin carefully explains so Jessica doesn't take it a wrong way , as she notices how sensitive her sister is these days . As Hyomin is afraid Jessica may contradicts , her assumption is wrong when Jessica nods slightly , understood.

" I promise I'll take a good care of myself" Hyomin brightly speaks

" That's all I could ask from you" Jessica pats her sister's head

Hyomin nods , beaming at her sister , issue solved .

" Can I sleep over tonight?" Hyomin asks but before Jessica gives her a permission, she has already laid her head on an extra pillow next to Jessica's.

" Did I say yes?" Jessica frowns with her sarcasm

" You wouldn't say no, right?" Hyomin responds positively, Jessica shakes her head, but shortly, she shares her blanket by covering it for Hyomin , her sister lays next to her , Hyomin looks up and smiles at her sister cutely , and there is no way Jessica would not forgive her , she slightly knocks Hyomin's forehead.

" You little mischief !" Jessica breaks into a smile finally

This is Hyomin , who regardless of how much she has grown up , she is always little sister to Jessica, and this is one thing Jessica loves about her sister , Hyomin never leaves it too long to make up with her, she always apologizes first either is her fault or not . Jessica knows sometimes she is being too much , that's because she means well.

" Tell me more about the lady you helped her" Jessica held her curiousness for a while , then decided to get into more details about the story that led them into an argument .

" Didn't she get hurt or ask for money?" Jessica asks , as she rests her back

" Nope" Hyomin looks at the ceiling, then she started to recall a whole story, to reassure to her sister that she was aware enough before she decided who to help.

Jessica smiles when she looks down at a sleeping figure, who seems to have a long day, Hyomin barely kept her eyes open when she was storytelling Jessica about things, and fell as sleep shortly after she finished a story. Jessica is sleepy too, but she has so much on her head now. Previously, Jessica just didn't like the idea that Hyomin had a heart to help other without realizing her own safety, especially getting out of a car on the dark alley to help just a groudless random person , it thrilled her to think of any possible danger, she was relieved though when Hyomin confirmed a person she had helped was just a fragile old lady , and most of all Jessica can't be more grateful for a fact that Hyomin is here safe right now. But after hearing a full story , it stuck on her mind when Hyomin commenting with her brow that the lady looked strangely familiar .

" I hope I'm wrong, and I hope I'm just overthinking" Jessica talks to herself, she then caresses her sister's hair , all Jessica ever prays is for the last person in her family that she loves so much to be safe and sound . Although Jessica understands that Hyomin can't ever be harmed by such a person, she can't be too relaxed either . It's always the nightfall when Jessica gets so lost thinking, she can't help but wonders why they can't just live in peace like others who have everything, Jessica looks down at her legs and sighs, her effort after all these years just went down the drain.

" Good night my little girl" Jessica kisses her sister forehead

 

*********************************

 

" What are you doing?"

A girlfriend tone is heard from the other side of the line, Jiyeon doesn't find it fussy as it should be , on the opposite she likes it because Jiyeon interprets it differently , it's a caring side of the other person, she grows to get addictive to it.

" I'm investigating the ceiling"

" Are you having a hangover?"

Hyomin can tell right away, it's late morning and Jiyeon is still in her bed with a husky tone in her voice

" I asked a friend to do me a favor and it was a price to pay" Jiyeon explains

Hyomin doesn't react to it, but Jiyeon is kinda able to imagine how Hyomin expression is

" It's not like I got so drunk" Jiyeon sheepishly continue, she hears nothing until Hyomin decides to speak again

" Jiyeon ah "

" Yes" Jiyeon's voice is filled with enthusiasm

Hyomin thinks before she says it

" The fact that I'm now in your life doesn't mean I want to change you way I prefer or hope you would bend completely to me when we've got so much to do " Hyomin knows better than anyone , if it's not her then who would .

Jiyeon waits till Hyomin continues as she knows Hyomin still has something else to say

"Still it's your lifestyle and I'm not taking anything away from you" Hyomin resumes , " But at least , please take care of yourself for me" she begs , it's not like she doesn't like it when Jiyeon drinks , she is fine with it , she is more worried on how Jiyeon would go home afterward.

Jiyeon tries not to smile at Hyomin's nagging, she hears nothing but an absolute care and love from her voice.

" Definitely I will , don't you worry please" Jiyeon promises

" Thank you" Hyomin smiles

" Remember you're not only yours now"

" Eh?"

" You belong to me, you're my Jiyeon" Hyomin nonchalantly claims , however she is surprised at her random yet genuine statement too.

If Hyomin could see Jiyeon's cheeks right now , she would be able to tells how red they are , and they all hurt from happy grin on Jiyeon's face , Jiyeon never knows Hyomin could be so whipped at times.

" This much better than anything hungover pill I've ever had" Jiyeon can't stop grinning

" I know how great I am" Hyomin covers her embarrassment, never thought she would say such thing too

" Yeah you are"

Will there a way for Jiyeon to deny how much she keeps falling for this person? Little by little but every day .

The two lovers carry on their conversation a bit longer until Hyomin really has to go back to what she was doing when she suddenly missed Jiyeon during her hectic time, hearing Jiyeon's voice , Hyomin gets more energy to resume her work , while Jiyeon is not different , she is desperate to see Hyomin , and it motivates her to get out of her bed and get ready to go to see her girlfriend for lunch even though she has no reason to show up at Hyomin's company , but she can't help herself .

 

It's not totally awkward but there's still some sort of thickness in the air, Jiyeon couldn't quite define why, she is feeling such a way when she should be relieved that Jessica is being so nice and friendly talking to her. Jiyeon can't help but stealing a silent glance at Hyomin who is sitting in the opposite site, and if Jiyeon reads her right, Hyomin isn't completely relaxed too.

It was an unexpected lunch that both Hyomin and Jiyeon didn't expect to have Jessica over with them, it isn't like she is not welcomed but they, at least, needed to be prepared.

" I guess you are not so busy" Jessica picks up another conversation

" I've got quite a work"

" What make you think so?"

Hyomin raises her eyebrow at her sister's comment, Jessica's lip at a side is pulled up , it looks almost like a smirk

" It takes time and effort to come all the way from your company to Hyomin's office for lunch , unless you have important business lunch meeting" Jessica speaks her thought out loud, Hyomin starts to feel a bit uncomfortable , she knows her sister .

" Actually I planned to discuss few work related issues with Hyomin but since you joined the lunch, I didn't want to bore you" Jiyeon is quick to respond

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter