Hate that I miss you

In Between Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Park Hyomin? Mm, Interesting” Jiyeon had a playful smirk creeping up on her face when she looked at the business card tugged in her purse as she pulled out the credit card to open the tap for their drink.

“What is it with that smile?” A hand landed on Jiyeon’s shoulder as her friend came back to the seat.

“Nothing” Jiyeon closed her purse and put it down.

“I don’t think so” Eunjung stated knowingly ,

“Alright, just an interesting chic” Jiyeon knew she would never be able to get away with this when it came to her curious friend

“I’ve known better” Eunjung commented amusingly.

“It doesn’t hurt to know more people” Jiyeon leaned her back at the bar counter, eyes wandering at people around.

“I don’t think either if you really want to get to know them for real” Eunjung lifted up her glass to sip the drink.

“Huh, how many real people you would find these days” Jiyeon stated the matter of fact, she wasn’t negative, neither naïve.

“It’s a heart to heart thing, and you know it’s not hard to find” Eunjung pointed out

“ I’m always open” Jiyeon smirked with a mischief smile.

“ Way too open” Eunjung responded.

“Well, I just don’t want to miss my chance, you never know what it could bring” Jiyeon shrugged her shoulder

“That means you also have more chances to fool around” Eunjung retorted

“ Kinda fair game” Jiyeon was implying about the relationship that she was not really serious about , in other word , she was a player.

“You should settle down with someone” Eunjung commented

“I wish I was lucky as you are to have found the right person to be with” Jiyeon was winking at a woman passing by.

“I guess I’m” Eunjung answered with a hidden sad tone that Jiyeon missed it

“Actually, it’s my brother who is lucky to have you” Jiyeon averted her attention back to her friend before taking a sip of her drink. “That kid isn’t that great to deserve you, to be honest with you” She added.

“You haven’t talked to him, have you?” Eunjung carefully asked as she was always aware of the heat situation between two siblings who didn’t get along well, but there was nothing she could do ; One was her lover and one was her best friend , where she was in the middle , and if she was siding one of them, the other would be upset.

“Nope” Jiyeon answered shortly, and Eunjung could only sigh.

“Jiyeon , I know this is between family, but you should put personal thing aside, because it’s not gonna help when you have to work together.” Eunjung reasoned, in the hope Jiyeon would think about it for her own good.

“Well, who says I’m going to work with him?” Jiyeon picked up another glass of wine from a bartender.

“Then what are you going to do ? You’ve been back home for a while, you can’t just play around” Eunjung motherly snapped her friend out of good heart.

“I’m just relaxing” Jiyeon defended

“For a year ?” Eunjung snapped

“Nah, I was studying hard, I deserve a rest” Jiyeon wasn’t kind of a serious person, and sometimes she was way too legging.

“ But seriously, you should get something for yourself” Eunjung was aware of her boyfriend’s ambition and she was not going to lie , she worried about Jiyeon that she might end up with nothing.

“ Don’t worry, I’ll figure thing out and for sure I’m not going to work with your boyfriend” Jiyeon was obvious for showing grudge over her own brother.

“Jiyeon ….” Eunjung was going to peach but was interrupted by Jiyeon’s motion.

“ I’m kinda scared of you now, you’re already acting like mom, I can’t imagine when you become my sister-in-law, how worse my life is gonna be?” Jiyeon was acting drama.

“Yah, this kid” Eunjung smacked Jiyeon’s arm.

“Ouch, that hurts” Jiyeon pouted.

“You call for it” Eunjung defended.

“Ok , seriously I know you care, and thank you for that ” Jiyeon was thankful to her friend for always concerning about her, “ I’ll talk to my dad, and see if I could manage our subsidiary or work in different company” Jiyeon concluded. Eunjung nodded.

“Happy now?” Jiyeon smiled

“As long as I don’t have to clean up your mess” Eunjung remembered the last time they drank together and she was left alone paying huge bill when Jiyeon just took off with a girl, and later Eunjung had to go and get all problem solved for Jiyeon who got pickpocketed by the girl she left the bar with

“No worries, this time I have my credit card deposited over there” Jiyeon said nonchalantly and Eunjung couldn’t only slightly sigh at her friend that she would think twice to call a troublemaker.

“By the way , who is your next target?” Eunjung was curious about the girl behind Jiyeon’s smile.

“Too soon to say, I didn’t know her, not sure if I ever see her again” Jiyeon thought of the face that she couldn’t get out of her mind.

“That’s not like you” Eunjung noticed there was something different.

“I don’t know, it’s something I can’t explain” Jiyeon said, was unsure of what she was talking about

“Hey, please don’t tell me, you fall in love at the first sight” Eunjung joked , but then she was convinced with her own conclusion, she never saw Jiyeon acting this way.

“What are you talking about?” Jiyeon denied while her face was blushing

“I don't think that pink shade on your face now is from alcohol” Eunjung didn’t stop teasing her friend.

“ Yah, stop it” Jiyeon glared at her friend

“ Okay okay …haha” Eunjung found it interesting. From her heart, Eunjung wished Jiyeon would find someone who really love her , because all her life , Jiyeon had everything but love.

               

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Jessica motioned Hyomin to turn around and around for the ninth times to examine whether she had any injury. Hyomin seemed intact and safe in one piece, still Jessica wanted to make sure that she didn't miss any of it.

“See? I’ve told you I’m fine” Hyomin was balancing herself not to fall after spinning around and around.

“Did you head knock on the steering wheel?” Jessica ignored her sister and kept on interrogating

“Nope” Hyomin answered

“Are you sure?” Jessica was getting

“Positive” Hyomin confirmed

“Alright” Jessica heaved a sigh of relief

“Relax Jess” Hyomin sat down next to her sister.

“Yeah, it’s easy for you to say” Jessica snapped, before looking away.

“I’ll be more careful, please don’t worry” Hyomin promised to her sister

“How can I not worry ?” Jessica asked in frustration.

“I will never let it happen again” Hyomin tried to reassure her sister every way she could

“You’d better be” Jessica was making her move.

“Again I’m sorry” Hyomin kept apologizing.

“You could save yourself apology if you’d just given me a call” Jessica still didn’t get over the fact that Hyomin didn’t tell her right after it happened.

“ I didn’t want to freak you out” Hyomin reasoned.

“ Well it didn’t help when I found out later” Jessica retorted

“Are you still mad at me?” Hyomin asked.

“No, I’m not” Jessica moved around on her wheelchair.

“You’re lying” Hyomin fastened her step to reach her sister.

“Why should I be mad at you?” Jessica said coldly

“I’m sorry to make you worried” Hyomin stepped in front of Jessica, “Won’t you really forgive me ?” Hyomin sadden her face which stopped Jessica.

“On one promise” Jessica heaved a sigh

“Sure” Hyomin smiled

“Never hide anything from me ever again” Jessica made Hyomin promise

“I will not hide anything from my sister Jessica ever again” Hyomin made a vow, repeating her sister’s words and waited for Jessica to forgive her but she still kept silent.

“I’m hungry now” Jessica maneuvered the electric wheelchair away

“Me too” Hyomin smiled then followed her sister.

Hyomin knew Jessica was acting this way because she cared too much about her, as the way she would always look out for her sister. But sometimes Jessica was just overprotective and Hyomin didn’t want to add any worry to her sister, Jessica wasn’t handling stress so well at times, and those just caused double concern to her.

Over dinner, Jessica started talking about their business and their next future plan for their family company.

“Alright we need to discuss about the new president appointment” Jessica started

“What?” Hyomin was sure she didn’t mishear it.

“It’s time Hyomin” Jessica reminded.

“Don’t you think about appointing me right?’ Hyomin was scared to hear the ansswe .

“Do I have other sister then?” Jessica shot a sarcasm

“Jess, you know it, it belongs to you” Hyomin opposed, “ I’ll never take it away from you” She added.

“You are not taking it away from me, I’m making you” Jessica said

“Either way, I’m far from replacing you” Hyomin shook her head viciously.

“Listen, sooner it’s better, we are having new shareholder, we need to boost the confidence” Jessica seriously reasoned. “Unless you want someone else to run our family company” Jessica threatened.

“I don’t” Hyomin knew Jessica was going to corner her.

“Then this is the only choice” Jessica concluded.

“I’m not ready” Hyomin lowered her head

“Yes, you are” Jessica eancouarged.

“But” Hyomin tried to find reason to oppose.

“I’m tired and I’m ready for bed now” Jessica left no space for Hyomin to argue.

Hyomin just sighed, she followed her sister to her bedroom and talked for a little while until Jessica f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter