Rosé x Chanyeol - Captivated

Make Them Whistle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s not really sure how to handle the news when word spreads about the collaboration.

 

It’s not just one with him and her, but he still can’t help to feel that way. He’s been a fan of her voice the very second his ears made contact with such a heavenly note since their debut. He fell for it the very instant. The voice of Rosé, or rather Park Chaeyoung.

 

It’s funny how SM Entertainment works.

The first person to know about any of the artist's’ upcoming schedules are not the artists themselves, but the media. That’s the same way in which Chanyeol received the revelation. It was Baekhyun in particular that made the announcement when he pranced around the room waving the article in the air, singing a teasing melody of how was going to finally get some.

He couldn’t quite grasp the situation at first-since a lot of times Baekhyun spouts a bunch of random ...His initial thought was to laugh it off because about 90% of any good news is actually a warp of lies. Thankfully for him though, this fell into the other 10%. True.


 

He was a nervous wreck the night before the first practice.

 

He practiced his song that he’d play for the group until his fingers turned numb and until D.O threatened to cut off his tongue if he didn’t shut up. The idol-actor had a script meeting for the morning after and he wasn’t too pleased when the tall one wouldn’t quit his midnight singing sessions. Fearing for his life, he stopped. But the nerves wouldn’t settle and the night disappeared as quickly as he shut his eyes. Then before he knew it, it was morning.

 

And now he finds himself waiting for the others to arrive because he’s the first one there.

 

It’s safe to say that it’s awkward the first time he meets her. He’s seen her plenty of times already at the broadcasting station, but it’s miles different than the first time he meets her. It’s complicated. He’s not really sure how to explain why it is, but it just is.

 

Unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have any of s to lean on, hide from, use as a wingman-or whatever. It’s just him...and her.

 

It’s funny how it ends up them two getting to the location first.

She was excited. Excited for a solo gig to promote the group. She doesn’t know how these collaborations work, but she does know damn well how to jam out to a tune on her guitar. As a rookie, she needed to arrive early. His excuse? He too was excited. Because yes, similarly to her, he longed to showcase his skills as both a guitarist and vocalist despite his stamp of being a rapper.

 

It was just coincidental how things turned out. The two of them waiting for the others…

 

He takes note of her guitar case. It’s practically half the size of her. She’s a tall girl no doubt, with legs that go on for days, but there’s this subtle delicate feat about her that he can’t quite put into words. She holds it in between her arms, as if what is enclosed is the most precious thing on earth, protecting it indefinitely. He smiles at the image because he understands. His guitar means the same to him as well.

 

The two stay pinned up against the empty hallway. Not a single murmur spilled besides the tic tack of their managers fingers busily replying to texts. In that time, Chanyeol concludes that YG’s managers are strict. Or at least, BLACKPINK’s are. He eyes the man that stands in front of the girl, blocking any form of eye contact from happening. Separating any form of accidental gazes from occurring. Not that the EXO member was planning to do anything, but he wouldn’t have minded it either.

 

It’s a shame. Kind of.

 

But the human wall that the manager puts out is ineffective as it does not prevent the small melody that escapes her thin lips in a hum. He decides right away that it’s just as beautiful as her singing voice.

There’s a small smile that dashes on the boy’s face as a result.



 

The whole party soon arrives and it just so happens that he gets the lucky seat beside her.

Not that he was hoping for it or anything. They go around the room introducing themselves. He’s up first. He ends up sounding stupid. Or at least according to him he did. However, any sense of embarrassment is quickly replaced when her turn is up. When she speaks, her words echo in his ears, drowning him in a daze. It’s that beautiful. He has never heard anything like it before.

But he doesn’t even dare to look her way. And so he focuses damn hard on a spec of dirt on the floor in front.

 

He is laced in hesitancy when they all chime in, encouraging him to sing. He goes off note one or two times which shouldn’t be a big deal, but deep dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter