Between Politics and Good Morals Pt. 2

Calloused Pathos

Sunggyu takes off his coat, and wears a black mask. He walks to Woohyun and removes his IV. Woohyun remains silent and let Sunggyu do whatever he does. As soon as he was done, he put on his bag and carried Woohyun in his arms. "We need to be quick. Our moment won't last that long." Sunggyu rushes to the door with him in his arms, and passed the hallway cautiously. "Moment? What a romantic." Woohyun says in his head, and secretly rolled his eyes.

 

After passing by a bunch of rooms, they finally arrive at the end of the hallway. Sunggyu put down Woohyun, and holds him on his waist, just in case he falls. "Hey." Sunggyu takes something from his bag with his free hand, and puts it on his head. "You need to take care of yourself out there. I packed some medicines, so you need to drink them to get better. The time and dosage is written on a piece of paper, so make sure you read it." Sunggyu hands over the bag that was hung on his shoulders all throughout, and Woohyun nonchalantly takes it from him. For some reason, Sunggyu was waiting for him to say something, but he turns his back and opens the door instead.

 

"H-hey." Sunggyu grabs his shoulder before he could make a step. "Are you not going to tell me anything?" Sunggyu asks him, and Woohyun looked back with complete disinterest. "Why? Should I thank you? I never asked for this. You're the one who did it. I wouldn't care if I end up dying after I get turned over, so this means really nothing to me." Sunggyu could feel his emotions get flushed down, quite flustered at his reaction. He had never met a man who was this cold and ungrateful. "Well, do you know why I'm setting you free?" Sunggyu asks, trying to irk his curiousity. He wanted him to at least thank him, or acknowledge what he's done for him. "Not interested."

 

Woohyun brushes Sunggyu's hand off his shoulder and opens the door. "You're a good man. You may have killed people, and it may have been illegal, but I know what you did was right." Sunggyu suddenly says, and Woohyun's grip on the door knob tightened. "You barely even know me, doctor. If you want to tell me that you're a good person who wants to help a wanted criminal with a dying soul, you don't have to. I can't stand people like you who pretend to be good just for the sake of their image." Woohyun takes another step, but Sunggyu speaks again.

 

"Yes, I barely know you. But not all problems can be solved by laws or kindness. That's why I can tell." Woohyun faces Sunggyu with a pissed look. "Yes, and I guess a doctor like you have wasted all those years studying and your parents paying for you to get in a medical school, just to let a wanted criminal go just because he feels that the man did what he had to do, that that man was nothing bad and did only what he thought was right. And you call yourself a doctor? Such a man who live his life by the law and now, doing this? Such a traitor." Woohyun walks away and decided not to look again. He slams the door behind him, but he heard footsteps before he did, so he knew he was following him.

 

"Between politics and good morals," Sunggyu raises his voice as he followed Woohyun who was walking away vigorously. "A doctor doesn't always have to follow the law. Between politics and good morals, there is a big difference. And I've picked the latter."

 

 

--

 

 

The next day, the news of Woohyun's disappearance was all over the country. Sunggyu silently watched the news as the nurses and doctors react behind him. "How did that happen? We're doomed!" A nurse says beside him, and Sunggyu keeps quiet. "Hyung, you really didn't notice him escape?" Sungjong asks as he walks up to him. "No. I was surprised myself. He was too weak to stand up, so I don't know how on earth he escaped." Sungjong crosses his arms and faces the tv. "They said they checked the cctv cameras, but they didn't see anything. He disappeared like, poof! Really. It was like magic. Was there some secret hole in his room? This is really creepy." Sungjong walks away and goes back to his shift.

 

Sunggyu chuckles at Sungjong's reaction, since a boy like him shines so bright in his eyes. He was so cheerful and bright, that's why he loved being with him. It makes him feel better, and tiring days lighter. He was like a fresh drink of lemonade that would always give him energy whenever he drank it.

 

"Will this affect our hospital's name?" Another fellow doctor asked, and rants and questions rambled on and on behind him. Sunggyu couldn't help but close his eyes, since the people kept talking and talking. It made his head ache bit by bit, and it irked him little by little. The positive energy that Sungjong had radiated earlier at him began to fade. He could feel that the day may turn really bad, since he hated noise the most. The people behind him were buzzing awfully, and the only thing left to do was for him to lose his sanity. He was really sensitive when it came to noise, especially when he knew that they were babbling nonsense. He just wanted to throw all his tantrums at them.

  

Another man blessed with a short height walks up to him. "Hyung! Want some lunch together?" Dongwoo asks as he waved his hand cutely in the air. "Let's eat! I'm hungry~" He cheerfully calls him, and Sunggyu forms an 'ok' gesture with his fingers. "Let's go, I'm awfully starving."

 

Dongwoo starts to tell him stories that happened while he wasn't with him as usual, and Sunggyu diligently listened to them. But little by little, Dongwoo's voice started to fade away, as his mind narrowed to one thought.

 

 

"I hope you're okay."

 

 


 

 

Thank you for the new subscribers! Thank you for the comments. Please comment any of your thoughts about this chapter. It serves as motivation too.

 

 

Thanks for waiting! 'Till the next chapter~