CHAPTER 1

MEANT TO BE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a oneshot that ran away from me and became a many-worded monster... it is unproofed and un-betaed and was written during a lull at work... so please forgive the errors and the silliness...

 

The young businessman’s face was a thundercloud. Boy, was he furious. No, furious was a mild word to describe what he was feeling right now. He just learned that his daughter has been coming home from her kindergarten school with her lunchbox untouched three days in a row now. And the child had been exhibiting a decreased appetite too.

Is the new cook unskilled? But he was pretty sure the cook had an impressive résumé before she was hired. And what’s wrong with the school teacher? Why hasn’t he been contacted the first day Jiyool didn’t take her lunch? He shouldn’t he be informed about changes in behavior as drastic as that?

 

He packed some documents that needed urgent attention and his laptop. He informed, no, told his secretary to rearrange his schedule for the day and keep tomorrow’s schedule open. He’s planning on having a meeting with the school’s principal depending on the result he gets from talking to his daughter.

 

And, speaking of tomorrow, he remembers that he’s finally gotten the nearby snack shop owner to agree to have a lunch date with him tomorrow. He really hopes he would not need to cancel on him, but then his child must come first.

 

On his way to his office’s parking lot, he noticed a slim-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter