I wish I could stay with You

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight Autumns had passed since they had their first dance in the Autumn Festival.

When he was nine and she was six.

When she stepped into his feet like hundred times. But she was the one who wrinkled her nose and stomped her foot.

Kyuhyun smiled when he remembered that first dance. It was not on stage of course. But it did create its own audiences, which he was so sure because of Joohyun's angelic face and expression. He recalled the moments when all boys were looking at him in jealousy, and all girls were watching them with envy.

A touch on his arm awakened him from his daydream. "Oppa, what have you been thinking?" Kyuhyun smiled at his intruder, while whispered, "You". He watched with enthusiasm when her cheeks turned red. "Oppa, don't be a teaser!'' He laughed and messed up her hair, until they heard somebody coughed.

Joohyun suddenly remembered that she was not alone. "Uh, Oppa, this is Minho, my dance partner." Kyuhyun shifted his gaze to the boy who he just realized was standing beside his dongsaeng.

The boy bowed, ''I heard so much about you, Hyung.'' Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows to Joohyun and then bowed to Minho also, ''Really? I hope all of them are good.'' Joohyun pouted. "She basically is talking non-stop about you. So it was a mix."  Minho smiled while Joohyun punched him hard on the shoulder, "Min-ah! You!" Kyuhyun laughed, "Yep that is our Joohyun.''

"Minho-ah, Joohyun-ah, your act will be next!” One of their sunbae who was also the coach of the dance group called the two 9thgraders to take the stage. They both bowed to Kyuhyun and started to run to the back stage. But out of the blue, Kyuhyun caught Joohyun's arm and pulled her into a quick hug. Joohyun was still dumbfounded with his action, when Kyuhyun released her and nodded to Minho who also startled, "Good luck, both of you."

He honestly did not know why he did that. But somehow he felt so much better when he saw Minho's wonder eyes of his directness. Then they heard Yoona’s voice, "Guys, you need to get to backstage now!''

Joohyun bowed to him again with her still bewildered face before she caught on Minho who was already running to backstage. Suddenly he regretted his actions. What if she became nervous now?

Later, when he waited for the dance, he fidgeted in his seat. So Jongwoon, who was there to shoot the dance for Yuri, elbowed him hard, "Kyu, calm down. She is only dance with him!" He startled. Did his hyung know his feeling too? Was he too obvious?

Minho and Joohyun were danced on one scene of the Swan Lake, Pas de Deux  or Love Duet, which was recreated as a more modern dance.  To the naive eyes of most of the audience, they had nailed the performance.

But not to the expert eyes of Kyuhyun. He knew sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter