tell the truth even when it hurts

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine days before Yuri and Jongwoon wedding.

One more day before their anniversary.

And Joohyun did not speak to Kyuhyun.

There was never a wedding planning that was as gloomy as this one.

*****

“Joo...”

Yuri pulled Joohyun to the closet.

“Unnie....”

“Sttt..... Speak low. I need to hide from Umma, she’s getting me crazy!”

Joohyun nodded. Indeed. Their Umma’s acts had been taking all of people’s nerves. And on the emotional stage that she had now, she certainly did not need more pressure.

Then Yuri slouched on the spacey closet.

“I never thought that getting married would be this chaotic.”

Joohyun smiled. “With Umma and Imo,  nothing will be more chaos than this.”

“Well, maybe when....” Yuri trailed her sentence when she saw her dongsaeng’s suddenly cloudy expression, “... sorry Baby. I don’t mean that.”

She patted her lap and Joohyun gladly sat in it. Yuri sneaked her arms to Joohyun’s waist and slowly rocked her dongsaeng like she was a little baby. She used to do this when she was really a baby.

It was amusing to all that while Joohyun was a very active baby, she always calmed down when her unnie, five years old only when she was born, took her in her also tiny lap and rocked softly. This why it was very hard for the younger one when Yuri had to be hospitalized because of her heart disease.

“Don’t hate me for asking this, but have you asked him why he did that?”

With tears already welled in her eyes, Joohyun shook her head. “No, I haven’t.  It hard enough just to see his face.  Let alone talking to him.”

Yuri brushed her hair softly. “Mind if I asked you why? This is not Joo that I knew. She would rush to him and asked.”

Joohyun turned her head around to catch her unnie’s eyes. “I am afraid, Unnie. I am afraid of the answer. What if the answer hurt me more?”

Yuri kissed her hair softly. “OH, Baby. There is no easy way on loving someone. Especially when you love them so much.  But maybe you just need sometimes to calm yourself down. But please, don’t run of this love. I see how he looks at you all the time. Guys always being stupid when they are in love.”

“Even Yesung-Oppa?”

“In particular Yesung-Oppa. “ Yuri chuckled. “One time I gave him a cold shoulder for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter