Chapter 8

The Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is no place like home and that is how Jessica feels right now as she is being surrounded by her family in the living room. Watching her mother applying the ointment thinly and evenly all around the bruised on her neck and wrists while hearing her one and only sister with her nonstop blabbering somehow make her feel calm rather than being in the same house with Yuri. She feels trapped. It’s definitely different when she is with Tiffany. Is it because they have known each other for a long time?

But her train of thought is once again being distract by Krystal same countless question.

“Is it hurt?” She asks the same question as she on her knees, watching her sister’s wrist being treated.

“It’s not Soojung, now get up and sit here.” Jessica pats the couch besides her which her sister obeys.

“I can’t believe she did this to you. She never treats you like this before. Maybe she is stress on something or maybe she has a problem” The father massages his temple as he still can’t believe what has happened. It’s been just a second day after her daughter marriage and she came home with a shock condition.

When Jessica explained everything that happened to her, it’s not easy for the brunette to calm her family down as they were so shocked at the state of her injury. Who wouldn’t? For the rest of their life, never once they lay a finger on their precious daughter.

“But still what has Yuri done is unforgiving and she needs to face us.” State the mother who still can’t calm herself as her daughter didn’t allow her to call Yuri who she once feels proud to call as her in law.

“And I’ll make sure to do the same thing to her as what she did to you”

“Soojung”

“What dad? Ugh I.. Oh God I really want to attack her right now. That”

“No swearing Krys.” Jessica sighs as she cuts her sister.

“She deserves every censored word Jess. We should report her to the police and let her rot in jail!” Krystal angrily ruffled her already messy hair as she tried to control her temper.

“Your father is too kind” The mother of two daughters adds.

It’s definitely not easy when you are the only men in the family who need to think rational as being surrounded by emotional women.

“You two need to calm down. Who wouldn’t get angry when someone did this to our family but still we need to talk with Yuri and her parents first. By then, we can make the decision whether getting divorce or I don’t know”

“I still want to file for a divorce.” Jessica finally said a word as she looks determine with all attention on her now. “I fall out of love even before we got married”

“Then why did you decided to get married?! Do you think getting married is a game? Now looks what has happened to you” Her mother becomes furious.

“Calm down honey! Let her finish her word” He tried to calm his wife but Jessica knows her father is also try to calm himself over her decision.

“I thought love is not all you need in a marriage and I thought a marriage can continue without being in love. I thought I can fall in love with her again after we get married but I was wrong. She has been there for me patiently all throughout my hardest years when I felt lost and I felt bad for not accepting her. It..was all out of pity” She finishes her words that led her family to their countless sigh over her stupid decision.

“We all marry for love and divorce when love is gone but you, you make me feel afraid to meet someone and let not say about marriage. I am your sister Jess! You can share everything with me but why haven’t you share everything about your feeling?!” Krystal can’t help but feels disappointed with her sister’s decision. She knows how her sister’s stress when Tiffany went missing but she has no idea about her sister doubting feeling over Yuri.

Tiffany.

“Did Tiffany unnie knows about this? I mean all of these?” Krystal emphasizes her words as her hands go up and down in the air and lost her word when Jessica only shaking her head.

“We got lots to talk and discuss about with Yuri and her parents. Speaking about Tiffany, where does she stay right now?” Ask the mother.

And once again all eyes are on the brunette as Jessica stays quiet as her eyes are lost without focusing on anything. “I..I don’t know. Maybe with her wife” She finally says the last word like whisper.

“Wife?!” The three said simultaneously at the unexpected news.

“When did she get married?” The father asks.

“With whom?” Ask the mother the second after her husband.

“Why the hell is everybody getting married?!” Finally ask the only sister.

“Taeyeon” Jessica who once again feels numb finally answers after minutes of silence.

“That player?!”

“Isn’t she’s the one who you once said a player?”

 

--

 

Tiffany? Where else would she go? She doesn’t have any place other than her apartment that she shares with Jessica. She has no place to call home ever since all her family died in a tragic car accident when she was just 5. Jessica is her home. Any place where there is a memory with Jessica is her home.

That how much she depends on Jessica, the only person who cares about her without any other intention. There she is standing at the balcony, crossing her hands on the railing while letting the breeze as it gently blew at her. She was once a fool who lost in love with the wrong person who make her life become a disaster. She can’t even count on how many times she had make wishes to join her family up there.

Maybe some other people who are in her shoes might end up in a mental hospital but not Tiffany. That’s how tough she is but yet so fragile. Her eyes never focus on anywhere as she is zoning out.

Who can help to set her free from Taeyeon? Will she able to set herself free from Taeyeon or will she stay the rest of her life with the blonde? And there she stared at the stars like they were pillows for her mind and in their light she could rest her heavy head. Her heart is empty with nothing to fill. Everything is falling apart and she feels really helpless as the wall around her is one by one breaking down. After all these years, she doesn’t know how long she can resist the fall.

But then, the silence of the night is pierced with the sound of door being unlocked that makes the girl to turn around to see nothing but the familiar shadow between rays of moonlight that slowly come nearer like her heartbeat. The way Tiffany’s lips are trembling and her eyes b with tears when she sees that certain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter