Chapter 16

The Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already 12 midnight and Jessica doesn’t know how long has she sat there watching the TV or maybe the TV is watching her all this time as she kept glancing at the clock from time to time. She didn’t know why she is still up at this late, waiting for her roommate who definitely enjoying her date at who knows where. Probably they are strolling around the park, holding hands or maybe.

“Yuck! I can’t imagine them kissing. That’s totally disgusting” Jessica turned the TV off, throwing the remote to the empty space of the sofa beside her before she slumps her body down with arms covering her eyes.

It’s not Tiffany’s first date. It’s not like the girl has never come home this late before either but Jessica didn’t know why she can’t sleep that night. She didn’t know why she keeps thinking about her housemate when the girl is telling her that she’s going out with Taeyeon tonight and will be late nor did she has any idea on why she’s lying there in the dark, waiting for her housemate.

But then, the silence of the night is pierced with the sound of door being unlocked and the girl humming a song when she entered the dark living room, oblivious to the girl that still silently lying there with arms covering her eyes. For the first time ever, she hates hearing Tiffany humming that night.

“You sound so happy” Jessica suddenly breaks the silence that cause the others jumped back in surprise.

“Oh God Jessica! You almost gave me a heart attack you know!” Tiffany walked to the sofa and raised a brow when she stands there watching her housemate who’s still didn’t care to move her arm.

“What are you doing here in the dark?” Jessica remained silent and so Tiffany continues. “Why are you still up?” She turned looking at the clock on the wall before looking back at the silent figure that remained silent and unmoved.

Tiffany frowned. Jessica is acting weird this night before she realized something. No way. “Are you, probably, umm waiting for me?” She hesitated.

Jessica sighed as she woke up from the sofa and walked to the stairs, ignoring the frowning figure who kept her eyes on her as she made ways passed Tiffany.

“No. Why should I”

Tiffany frowned deeper. She sensed something not right with her housemate. Oh come on. She can read the girl so well even more than anyone including Yuri.. oh wait. Is she probably having a fight with her girlfriend? Tiffany thought and so she followed Jessica to the girl’s room.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked in no mood when she knew that Tiffany is now watching her back as she is now lying on her bed, didn’t care to turn around. She was totally in no mood to talk.

 “Are you having a fight with Yuri?” Tiffany raised a brow when Jessica answered her with a sigh.

“I know right. That’s why you are in a bad mood.” Tiffany sat down next to the now annoyed girl on the bed.

“Get out” Jessica pulled the blanket up to her shoulder and Tiffany turned her head to look at her, ignoring the girl command.

“What did she do this time that make you so angry?” Jessica stays silent. “Hmm is she making you jealous? Or is she..”

Jessica suddenly got up and turned to glare at the woman. “We are not having any fight Tiffany. We are just fine. Now will you please leave and let me sleep!” Tiffany flinched at the sudden serious tone Jessica used and that didn’t go unnoticed by the girl as she immediately felt regret by her action at the oblivious girl who even didn’t do anything at fault. Seems like she got a bit too angry and she didn’t even know why she is acting like that.

“Look I’m sorry.” She sighed. “I’m just too tired.” Jessica watched Tiffany slowly getting up.

“No it’s okay. Sorry for pushing you. I’m just.. Never mind I’ll, I’ll go to my room. Good night Jessi.” Jessica felt the guilt rushing through her veins when Tiffany leave the room and she huffed back in annoyance before ruffling her hair in annoyance.

“What have you done Jessica” She talked to herself as she pulled the blanket away to go to Tiffany’s room. After all, she had to make things right.

Tiffany was so into her train of thought as she looked at herself in the mirror that she didn’t realized of Jessica’s presence when the girl entered her room until Jessica wrapped her hands on Tiffany's waist and back hugging her. "I'm sorry.” Jessica said as she tightened the hug. “I’m so sorry”.

“Did I do something wrong Jessica?” Tiffany watched Jessica shook her head in the mirror and holds the pair of arms on her waist.

“Then, why are you suddenly getting mad at me? We are just fine before I’m going out. Why are you staying up this late?” Tiffany asked and waits patiently for Jessica to answer when the latter sighed as she buried her face in Tiffany’s neck.

“I’m waiting for you” She finally answered and refused to look back into Tiffany’s eyes that staring at her in the mirror.

So, she was right. Jessica is waiting for her. But why? She’s never done that before. “Why? Is something happen? Or is there anything you want to tell me?”

“No. I..I don’t even know why I did that. I just.” Jessica hesitated to continue but then Tiffany reached her hand to gently caressed Jessica’s cheek and she once again sighed. “I hate it when you’re telling me that you’re going out with Taeyeon tonight.” Jessica brave herself to look at Tiffany and their eyes finally met that night.

“But why?” Tiffany whispered softly.

“You know how much I hate her” Tiffany sighed and turned to look at the latter that still back hugging her.

“We didn’t do anything Jess. We were just having a dinner together” Tiffany tried to explain as she caressed Jessica’s cheek.

Jessica chuckled. “You don’t have to explain me the details Tiff. It’s your date and she’s your girlfriend.”

Tiffany turned around with the pair of hands that is still around her waist and she cups Jessica’s cheek softly making her look into her eyes. “But I want to. I know you will always get worried if she hurt me so don’t worry okay.”

“She’s a playgirl Tiffany. I’m afraid she will leave you once she got what she wants you know”

“You mean, touching me?” Tiffany chuckled when she saw Jessica blush a little.

Jessica pinched the girl’s cheek. “Tiffany, I’m serious. Yah!” It’s Jessica’s turned to chuckled when Tiffany laughed at her.

“You’re so cute when you’re blushing like that.” Tiffany shrieked when Jessica tickled her. “Okay. Okay, I’m sorry” She laughed, holding Jessica’s hand to stop the girl from tickling her. “It won’t happen ok. I won’t let her touch me. Satisfy now?”

Jessica tilted her head. “Why? I thought you guys are dating?”

Tiffany shrugged her shoulder. “Well, we did. I don’t know, it just that I can’t find myself feeling comfortable to get really close with someone else like how when I’m with you.”

“Really?” Jessica smirked and soon laughed when Tiffany slapped her shoulder. “What are thinking, you ert.” Tiffany pushed the laughing girl away before she grabs the towel to take her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter