This Is What It Feels Like

I Will Love You

for the one that was always there for me, anna <3 

"I'm home honey" You called out when you're finally home.

You heard no one replying, just your echo. You are pretty sure Chanyeol is home, but he can't hear you because he's probably writings lyrics again. Without thinking, you went to the kitchen and made him a cup of hot tea. 

After you did, you walked up the stairs with the cup of hot tea. You knocked on the door softly and walked in. You saw him not replying, being extremely focused on the work he’s doing. You put down the cup on the table and threw your arms around his neck. You hugged his head close to your chest and nuzzled your nose against the top of his head. After a while, you let go of him. He stood up and turned around. He walked towards you and this time, He threw his arms around your neck and pulled you against him. He hugged you really really tightly. Your mouth was pressed against his chest so you can’t speak properly, and your words came out muffled.

“Chanyeol I missed you so much.”

“I missed you more”

He moved his hands down to holding your waist, so you can pull back your head. He leaned down and kissed you, and you gladly returned the favor. After the small moment you two had there, he walked back to his desk and sat down. You followed him and saw his messy desk. There were piles and piles of paper scattered around the table.

“Don’t over work yourself.” You said, worried.

He sighed,

“I just need some inspiration.”

“How about we change into something comfy and cuddle on the bed. Would that give you some inspiration?”

“Yes!” He said, like an excited cute little puppy.

You both changed into some sweatpants and hoodie, the best clothing for cuddling. After slipping under the blankets, his back was leaning against the head of the bed. I was lying down on his lap. One of his hands were holding his notebook, his other was holding a pencil while he played with my hair.

“Anna, I can’t do this, it just won’t work.” He breathed out stressfully.

“Come on you can do this!! I know you can, you’re one of the most talented people I’ve met.”

You flashed him your brightest smile.

“Thanks, baby, you’re so cute.” he pinched my nose.

He your hair and continued

“Go to sleep honey, it's 2 am”

“But you-“

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

Slowly, you closed your eyes and fell into a deep slumber. You woke up in middle of the night because you were thirsty. You realized you were still sleeping on Chanyeol’s lap. He was already asleep. His head on the head of the bed, his hand still holding onto the notebook. You took his notebook and set it down on the drawer next to the bed. You carefully lifted his head and put it down on his pillow. You tucked in the blanket and kissed him on the forehead, whispering

"I love you"

Out of interest, you took his notebook with you out to the kitchen. you poured yourself a cup of water and sat down by the table. You opened the notebook and saw lines after lines being crossed off. You kept flipping the pages until you see this one page that was clean and neat. You’re guessing that it's probably his final product. This is what came into your eyes:

I loved you before you were you, I love you now because you are you. Your smile right now, I can swear that its bright enough to light up the whole world. I will let you in, let you in my heart. Take my heart with you but promise me one thing. Promise me you won’t break it. Because I only have one heart and you have it. Nothing can ever stop me from loving you, not the tallest mountains nor the widest biggest walls. Let’s reborn as lovers again, in our next life. Let’s stay together. Being able to be yours, being able to tell you I love you, is one of the bravest things I've done.

You were left speechless. This was so beautiful it left tears in your eyes.

“Anna-“ a soft voice called out.

You turned your head abruptly to where the voice was from.

“Chan-“ you stuttered “This is beautiful-“

“It was written for you,”

“This,” he pointed at the notebook and said

“this is what you make me feel and think every day”