CHAPTER VI

Bound By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After they split up, Jungkook and Namjoon go into the building through the back door that Mingyu told them about. He said there would be less guards at the back door. Jungkook follows Namjoon’s steps nervously, and keeps his grasp on the silver stake tight. He takes a deep breath, trying to quell his nerves.

 

“Are you nervous, kid?” asks Namjoon who stops to look back at him.

 

“A ‘lil bit? I’ve never fought a real Strigoi. I mean, what if I mess up? What if I can’t protect Taehyung? What if—,”

 

Suddenly Namjoon grabs the younger’s shoulders, stopping his rambling. “Yah, come to your senses! You need to focus and just do what you’ve learnt,” he shouts at Jungkook, trying to bring him back to his senses. “Look at me,” says Namjoon. Jungkook lifts his head up and looks at the elder’s eyes. “Don’t worry about the things that haven’t happened yet. Just focus. If you’re not focused, someone will get hurt. Understand?”

 

He nods. “Yeah. Yeah.. I understand,”

 

Namjoon smiles and ruffles Jungkook’s hair. “Good. Now, let’s go,” he commands.

 

They walk past the door, entering the dark-room with a devilish statue attached to the wall. Jungkook keeps glancing back without losing his pace. After they make sure the room is safe enough, they stop. “Now, we need to find out Taehyung’s location. Can you do it with your power?” asks Namjoon in a careful whisper. “I’ll protect you, don’t worry,” he promises.

 

“I’m not sure. I’ll try,” Jungkook sits down on the floor, relaxing his tensed muscles as he regulates his breath. He closes his eyes and concentrates, trying to get into Taehyung’s mind. And after a few minutes, he succeeds.

 

He quickly looks around, trying to find any clue about the place where Taehyung’s at. It looks like a basement. He can’t find any windows in his surrounding. The air feels pretty damp and he can’t hear any sound. He’s pretty sure the other groups are already on the move to make a fuss at the front gate. He should be able to hear some noise soon.

 

Jungkook can’t hold on any longer. So he comes back to himself. His body jolts and he opens his eyes. “I think he’s in basement somewhere, hyung,” says Jungkook as he stands up. He’s drenched in sweat just by focusing his energy to look into Taehyung’s mind even if it was a matter of minutes. It really pushes his stamina.

 

“Good,” Namjoon says. “But, are you ok? You look exhausted already,” he looks at Jungkook with worry.

 

Jungkook nods. “But hyung, we need to go quickly. I could feel Taehyung’s condition weakening. I’m afraid I can’t look into his mind again after this,” he’s still panting but his eyes are determined. He needs to save Taehyung as soon as he can.

 

“Ok, then. Just tell me if you reach your limit, ok?” Namjoon pats the younger’s back.

 

“Got it,” he responds.

 

They continue to explore the building with the help of the map that Mingyu gave. They meet a couple of guards on their way to the basement and Namjoon takes care of them quickly. And once again, Jungkook is amazed by Namjoon’s skills. He really doesn’t have to do anything because Namjoon doesn’t let him. He tells Jungkook to save his energy for later. And Jungkook doesn’t complain about that.

 

Finally, they reach the supposed-to-be basement’s door. Quietly, they approach the door, checking whether it’s locked or not. Fortunately, the door isn’t locked. Maybe the guards forgot to lock the door because they quickly ran to take care Seokjin’s team. Namjoon opens the door slowly, peeking into the room and sees Taehyung and Wonwoo, who’re are kept imprisoned in different cells. They are in bad condition, Namjoon can tell just by looking at them.

 

He steps forward, followed by Jungkook behind him. Jungkook’s eyes widen when he sees Taehyung laying down, with scars all over his body and his tanned skin turned sickeningly pale. “Hyung!” he shouts as he rushes towards Taehyung.

 

Taehyung opens his eyes, trying to get up. “Jungkookie?” he says weakly. His voice is shaking. Taehyung tries to move towards the younger. He grabs Jungkook’s hand with his own trembling ones. “Why are you here? How—“

 

Jungkook holds Taehyung’s hand tightly, caressing the back with his thumb. “I’m here to save you. Don’t worry. Namjoon hyung is with me,” he says. Namjoon has already taken out his knife and he tries to break the lock by jabbing the hilt at it with all his force over and over. It takes a while but after a few more hits, he successfully breaks the lock. Jungkook quickly rushes in and wraps Taehyung in his arms. And Taehyung breaks into tears instantly.

 

“I’m so scared,” he cries, hands gripping on Jungkook’s shirt tightly. His body shaking hard.

 

Jungkook wraps his arms tighter, trying to comfort the elder. “It’s fine. I’m here. You’ll be fine now,” he whispers. “Can you walk, hyung?” he asks. Taehyung nods. He tries to get up but his knees buckle and he stumbles. Jungkook quickly holds Taehyung up before he hits the ground.

 

“Sorry,” Taehyung says weakly.

 

Jungkook smiles thinly. It breaks his heart to see Taehyung in this state. “It’s fine, hyung,” he holds onto Taehyung’s shoulders in a firm grasp and sits him down. Jungkook kneels in front of Taehyung, tilts his head to the side.

 

“What are you doing?” asks Taehyung.

 

“You need to eat, hyung,” Jungkook answers calmly. “It’s fine,”

 

“But—“

 

“It’s fine, hyung,” he repeats. Taehyung still hesitates but then he brings his face close to Jungkook’s neck. He holds the back of Jungkook’s head with his hands before leaning in and biting the younger’s neck. Jungkook winces when the elder’s canines pierce through his skin, sending endorphine to rush throughout his system. He can feel the heat on his skin where Taehyung is touching him. Jungkook can’t help but let out a little moan.

 

He feels empty when Taehyung pulls away from him, leaving the cold air to come in contact with his heated skin. Taehyung wipes out the blood on his lips. “Are you ok?”

 

Jungkook nods weakly. He just needs some time to get back his strength. He gets startled when Taehyung suddenly kisses his lips deeply. “I learned from Wonwoo that direct contact will help you bring your strength back faster,” he says.

 

“Ah,” Jungkook nods, cheeks flushed red hearing Taehyung talk about ‘direct contact’. His mind starts going somewhere else.

 

“Jungkook, let’s go back to the others,” Namjoon suddenly breaks Jungkook out of his fantasy, bringing him back to reality. “Seokjin said they took care of everything already. So we need to quickly get out of here before other guards come,” Namjoon carries Wonwoo, who still unconscious, on his back.

 

“Do you want me to carry you, hyung?” Jungkook asks after seeing Taehyung struggling to stand up.

 

Taehyung shakes his head and gives Jungkook a smile. “I’m fine. I can walk—”

 

Without waiting for the older to finish his words, Jungkook brings Taehyung’s arms around his neck, helping him stand up. “Stop trying to look strong, hyung. You just got kidnapped, remember?” he says. Taehyung doesn’t deny Jungkook nor does he complain. He knows it’s useless because Jungkook will still do what he wants to do. “C’mon,” Jungkook lowers some and motions Taehyung to hop on his back.

 

“You have to tell me if you’re tired, ok?” says Taehyung before he hops on the younger’s back. Jungkook nods and answers, “I will.”

 

They start to walk towards the place where they should meet the others. Fortunately, there are no guards or strigoi to attack them. After walking for a while, they finally reach the place near the gate. “Put me down,” says Taehyung as soon as they arrive. And Jungkook puts Taehyung down instantly. Namjoon sits down with Wonwoo still unconscious on his back.

 

Jungkook stays on his guard as they’re waiting for the others. After a few minutes, Mingyu and Jimin finally show up. Mingyu quickly rushes towards Wonwoo, bringing him in his arms. He kisses Wonwoo, giving out his energy through their touch. As expected, Wonwoo gets his consciousness back not long after their kiss ends. Mingyu pulls him into his arms, wrapping him tightly. “Thank God, you’re safe,” he says.

 

“Why—” Wonwoo tries to talk but he coughs, still too weak to talk.

 

“I’m sorry,” says Mingyu. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let you go to that old man. I shouldn’t have left you alone. I—,”

 

Wonwoo silences the younger with a kiss before he finishes his words. “It’s not your fault,” he smiles. “I’m fine now,”

 

Mingyu sighs. He hugs Wonwoo tightly, buries his face into the other’s neck. “You don’t know how—,”

 

“Tae!” Seokjin—who had stayed behind to look out for the guards—runs to Taehyung and pulls him into a hug. “Oh, thank God,” he hugs the younger tightly. “I would’ve never been able to forgive myself if something bad had happened to you. I—”

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes. “Not again, hyung,” he giggles as he tries to loosen Seokjin’s arms wrapping him in a tight hold. “Look at me. I’m fine, right?”

 

“But—”

 

“You don’t have to worry about me, hyung,” Taehyung leans forward, brings his mouth closer to the older’s ear. “Jungkook already gave me the energy from him, hyung,” he whispers.

 

Seokjin furrows his brows together, confused. “Energy? What do you mean? But, how?”

 

Taehyung smirks, hands reaching for Jungkook who is standing near him. “Like this,” he pulls Jungkook closer and landing a kiss on Jungkook’s lips, making Jungkook, who wasn’t ready for that, widen his eyes in surprise because of the sudden action. His eyes remain comically wide from the shock even after Taehyung pulls his lips away from his. Jimin who saw them, remains slack-jawed. So does Seokjin.

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook complains awkwardly, cheeks and ears already turned red.

 

Taehyung chuckles. “It’s fine. Everyone needs to know the nature of our relationship,”

 

Relationship? “What do yo—”

 

An abrupt laugh interrupts Jungkook, leading everyone to search for the source of the sounds. Jungkook moves himself in front of Taehyung, getting ready in his fighting stance. “What a beautiful picture this is,” says the voice.

 

“Who are you?” Seokjin—who’s already in his fighting stance—shouts, trying to get the owner of the voice to show himself. The laugh is heard once again. They turn their head to the same direction, at the same time. And then they see him. An old man—a skinny old man—with a balding head, standing in his black cape.

 

Taehyung, who is standing right behind Jungkook, tightens his hand that’s intertwined with Jungkook’s. He keeps his gaze down, body trembling hard. Jungkook doesn’t only feel the older trembling behind him, but also feels the sudden fear that takes over Taehyung’s mind. He brushes his thumb against the back of Taehyung’s hand. He turns his head to look back at Taehyung slowly. “Are you ok, hyung?” he asks.

 

“T-that’s...That’s the old man who kidnapped me,” Taehyung stutters in fear, still not daring to look up.

 

“I know. That’s why I promise you I’ll teach him a lesson.” Taehyung can see Jungkook already becoming tense, jaw and fist clenched tight, getting ready to attack and protect him. He knows Jungkook is still in practice to become his guard. But, even though Jungkook’s skills are not as refined as Namjoon’s, Taehyung feels safe whenever he’s with Jungkook. Maybe it’s because of their bond, or maybe it’s just because it’s Jeon Jungkook.

 

“What do you want?” Jungkook confronts the old man. He won’t let anyone take Taehyung from him again. “Don’t you dare come closer,” he threatens him.

 

King Suzdal—the old man—bursts into taunting laughter. “How sweet, you little bean. You think you can protect him?” the old man flies down approaching Jungkook, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter