CHAPTER II

Bound By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

t’s disgusting. Really disgusting.

 

Jungkook brushes his hand over the bite mark on his neck as he stares at the wall in front of him. It doesn’t hurt, only a little bit sting. But he can’t get rid the thought giving his own blood to a Moroi. He feels disgusted just thinking about it.

 

Mingyu sighs which made Jungkook look at his sleeping form, and drops his book down onto his chest. “You okay? You keep spacing out since you get back from hospital. Did something happen?”

 

Jungkook lets a long sigh out. “I’m fine.”

 

“You don’t sound like you’re fine. Anyways, I got your literature homework from Prof. Jung.” Mingyu slides across the room to give Jungkook the thick stack of papers. “You have to go to the main library and analyze the text there.”

 

Library. He shudders as he remembers what happened there. “Can I just do it here?”

 

“Why?” asks Mingyu, he sits up just like his inquisitiveness.

 

“Ah, nothing.” Jungkook really wants to tell Mingyu what happened to him, but he can’t, he just can’t. Not knowing how Mingyu will react if he knows that a Moroi just drank his blood makes his mouth shut tight. Jungkook doesn’t want anyone know about their-so-called-special-bond—not until he finds out what truly happened between him and Taehyung.

 

Suddenly, the bite marks throbs as if begging Jungkook for attention. He caresses it, hoping that that’ll ease the sting, even it’s just a slight ease. The pain feels like a small burning needle embedding itself just above his skin.

 

Meanwhile, someone knocks the door. Mingyu stands up to open the door.

 

“Jungkook, there’s someone who wants to meet you,” Mingyu says. That causes Jungkook to quickly walk over to the door. The pain throbs even more as he approaches the door. He pulls the door backward and finds a boy standing there with a goofy smile.

 

Taehyung.

 

Jungkook hastily takes a step backward in defensive manner, eyebrows knitting together. He doesn’t want to meet him, not after what he did to him. Jungkook almost closes the door on to him before Taehyung forcibly pulls the door open.

 

“What do you want?” Jungkook askes coldly, giving Taehyung a glare.

 

Taehyung smiles and takes a step forward. “I wanna talk to you,” he says. He takes another step into Jungkook’s room.

 

“Get out.” Jungkook continues to give him his hard glare.

 

Mingyu walks closer with a confused look as he listens to their short exchange before bowing to Taehyung. “Your Majesty, what brings you here?” he asks politely.

 

“Are you Mingyu? Kim Mingyu?” Taehyung asks, completely ignoring Mingyu’s question. “Yes, Your Majesty.”

 

“Can I borrow your room? I want to talk to Jungkook,” Taehyung asks—more like an order to be honest.

 

Mingyu nods and bows again. “Yes, Your Majesty,” he says without questioning Taehyung and walks out of the door to leave the two of them alone. “Now, can we talk?” Taehyung repeats. Before Jungkook can even take a step, Taehyung quickly grabs his wrist. Jungkook shakes his hand off.

 

“Now you’re using your authority to get what you want?” sneers Jungkook.

 

Taehyung sighs, “I just want to talk to you. Why are you making it so difficult?” Jungkook ignores Taehyung and walks away from the elder to his bed. 

 

“I want to talk about your dreams,” Taehyung says which perks Jungkook’s interest. Jungkook stops and turns around. His eyebrow rises. “My dreams?”

 

Taehyung nods. “Yes, I’ve heard from Seokjin hyung that the dreams you’re having are about a car accident. Isn’t it?” asks Taehyung to confirm the information.

 

“Fine,” Jungook finally gives in. He turns and sits on his bed with both his hands folded across his chest. “What about my dreams?”

 

Taehyung snorts in disbelief at Jungkook’s attitude. “Do you know that I’m older than you?”

 

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders. “I don’t know and I don’t care.”

 

Taehyung closes his palms into fists, trying to hold back his boiling anger. He really wants to punch the boy in front of him. But he can’t. He hates violence the most and he still needs this boy. But this attitude needs a lesson.

 

Calm your down, Kim Taehyung.

 

“So, you said a year ago, you dreamt that dream, right?” Taehyung asks which is answered with a nod from Jungkook. “I know why you have the dreams,” he continues. Slowly, Taehyung’s anger dissipates into dust. 

 

“Why?” Jungkook looks at Taehyung with distress from the traumatizing dream. 

 

“Because I saved you from dying in that car accident,” claims Taehyung.

 

Accident? “But I never had an accident in my whole life.”

 

“Maybe your dad erased your memories from that day, or maybe it’s an effect from my powers,” Taehyung says.

 

“Why would my dad erase my memories for?” Jungkook questions, pondering that question in his mind already.

 

Taehyung shrugs his shoulders, not knowing the answer to that. “Anyway, I need to find more information about this spirit bound. Seokjin hyung said I can find a book in the library about spirit bound. And I need you to help me,” he adds.

 

“Help you? Why do I have to help you?” Jungkook spits, coming back from his pondering and clearly doesn’t want to help the Moroi

 

“So, you’re fine with all those dreams? You don’t want them to stop?” taunts Taehyung. “Fine, if you don’t wa—”

 

“Okay, I’ll help you!” Jungkook shouts, taking up the request.

 

Taehyung smirks. “Good. Now, tell me everything about the dream. Do you feel something strange, something that’s weird?” asks Taehyung.

 

“Honestly I didn’t feel anything strange. Sometimes I’ll feel happy or sad all of sudden. And sometimes I’ll get a sudden headache,” Jungkook answers.

 

It’s the same. “When was the last time you had a headache?” asks Taehyung again.

 

Jungkook thinks for a while, trying to remember. “I think it’s the time when I see everything through your eyes,” he replies. Taehyung gasps in shock at the discovery. “Does it mean anything?” asks Jungkook.

 

“I don’t know what it means. But I think you experience everything that happens to me. That time when I cut my wrist, that was because the sudden headache and it was so painful,” Taehyung explains. “We really need to find more about this. It’s just so strange.”

 

Taehyung mutter the last part to himself. Jungkook agrees this time. It’s too strange to be called coincidence. “When will we start?”

 

“Tomorrow, after you finish your classes. How about that?” suggests Taehyung.

 

“But I have a practice session after school. I’m a novice, remember?”

 

“Ah, right. Then—” Taehyung reaches into his pocket, taking his phone out, “―give me your number.”

 

Jungkook types his number on the phone and hands it back to Taehyung. He stands up from his seat, walking towards the door. “You’re done, right? Now, please get out from my room,” says Jungkook as he opens the door.

 

Taehyung realizes that all the talk is futile. He needs to find another way to get to Jungkook and understand why is he treating him like this.

 

Taehyung lets out a small, tired sigh. “Fine.” He stands up, walks slowly towards the door and then he stops in front of Jungkook. “Let me ask you a question; why do you hate me so much?”

 

That question, to Jungkook, is stupid.

 

Jungkook pushes the elder out as he answers. “Because you’re a Moroi,” he says before he quickly slams the door closed and a click can be heard form the inside.   Taehyung stands there frozen because of the answer that is full of hate.

 

Because I’m a Moroi?

It has been a week now, thought Taehyung. And within that one week, only one question has caused him so much stress.

 

“Hyung, is there anything wrong with being a Moroi?” Taehyung asks suddenly, which makes Seokjin turns his attention from the book he is reading. Right now, Taehyung and Jin are having a little break from studying. “I mean, would people hate me because I’m a Moroi?” Taehyung elaborates, picking at his fingers, a habit of his whenever he’s swimming in his thoughts.

 

Turning towards Taehyung, Jin puts his book down and instantly understands why Taehyung looks so stressed out during the week. “Who said that to you?”

 

“Jeon Jungkook. He said he hates me because I’m a Moroi,” Taehyung sighs. “But, hyung, no matter how hard I think about this, I still couldn’t understand why he said that.”

 

This is pretty bad now, stressed Jin. It shouldn’t be like this.

 

Seokjin scrunched his eyebrows together in concentration and taping his thumb and index finger together, a habit of his whenever he thinks. “Why you don’t you ask him? Maybe ask his roommate; who is he again?”

 

“Kim Mingyu.”

 

“Ah, yes, ask him instead. Maybe he knows something?” Seokjin suggests as he sips his tea gracefully.

 

Oh, yeah. Taehyung gets up from his seat suddenly, making Jin spit his tea back into the cup at the sudden movement. “Ya!” the elder shouts to Taehyung who is already running out of the room.

 

Taehyung runs in the crowded hallway, stopping every single Dhampir. “Do you know where’s Kim Mingyu’s class is?” he asks in desperation. Now all eyes are on him. It’s not every day that Dhampirs see a Moroi running about, asking to see a certain Dhampir. But Taehyung doesn’t care about that. He just wants to find him as soon as possible. Finally, after almost half an hour later, he finds what he is looking for: Kim Mingyu’s class. He peeks through window, searching Mingyu in the crowd of Dhampirs.

 

Found him! He smiles as he finds the boy sitting in the right corner of the classroom. Checking the clock that is in the room, Taehyung waits for Mingyu to finish his class. As the clock announces the end of class, the students rush to the door. He stands beside the door way, out of the rushing students and patiently wait for the slowest person on earth to get to the door with the friendliest smile Taehyung can muster.

 

“Hi, Mingyu.”

 

Mingyu calms his heart down because he did not expect Taehyung to just appear at his class, and awkwardly bows. “Your Majesty,” he greets. “What brings you here?”

 

“Don’t call me that, just call me Taehyung.” Taehyung tries to smile more to make Mingyu feel more comfortable. But his smile disappears when his eyes caught a familiar figure behind him. Jeon Jungkook.

 

Taehyung can feel his hatred omitting from him. It’s like a hand creeping up to his neck and grabbing it but it’s not choking him, yet.

 

He glares at Taehyung before turning to Mingyu, completely ignoring Taehyung who’s clearly standing in front of them. “Why are you still here? Let’s go,” he says.

 

 

“Wait, I want to talk to Mingyu-ssi,” Taehyung quickly says as he grabs Mingyu’s wrist before he can even take a step.

 

Jungkook furrows his brows. “Why?” Again, it’s that voice full of hate. Hate for what? Taehyung does not know yet. But what he knows it that the hate stabs his heart and twists around and pours salt into his already damaged heart.

 

“Do I have to tell you everything?” retorts Taehyung as cold as the other, he can only do this. “Can I talk to you, Mingyu?” he asks politely once again. Mingyu takes a glance at Jungkook. His eyes give Mingyu a hard glance but that is not enough to feed his curiosity as he nods towards Taehyung. “Now, can you leave us alone?”

 

Jungkook snorts at Taehyung. “Fine, but if I see anything wrong with him then I will hunt you down,” he whispers the threat as he passes Taehyung and leaving the other two by themselves.

 

“So, can we sit down here? Or you prefer to talk in a private place?” asks Taehyung as soon he sees Jungkook’s retreating back.

 

“I’m fine with anything, Your Majesty,” he answers.

 

Despite Mingyu’s request, Taehyung has this feeling that Jungkook will spy on them so he enters the empty classroom.

 

Taehyung lets out a small frustrated sigh. “I already said to call me Taehyung. For Jesus Christ, stop calling me with that formal-boring title,” complains Taehyung as he sits on the teacher’s desk, Mingyu follows suit. 

 

“Ah, I’m sorry, Your Maj—I mean, Taehyung Sunbae,” Mingyu stutters and looks to the ground and quickly sneaks a glance at the elder to see his reaction.

 

Taehyung’s laughter echoes the broad room. “Good, good. Don’t be nervous; I don’t bite.” He pats the younger’s shoulder. Mingyu smiles and finally laughs along with Taehyung. “Ah, and just call me hyung. I don’t like being called sunbae. I’m not that old,” he adds.

 

Mingyu chuckles, feeling the pressurized atmosphere disappear. “Got it, Hyung.”

 

“So, I want to ask you something; it’s about Jungkook,” Taehyung finally reveals his reason.

 

“Jungkook?” Mingyu doesn’t seem surprised to hear his name.

 

“Yes. Do you know that he hates me? I mean, he hates Morois.” Mingyu nods, confirming Taehyung’s question. “Do you know the reason why?”

 

Mingyu looks hesitant to answer Taehyung’s question. “Honestly, I don’t know if I can tell you about that.”

 

“I’m not forcing you to tell me, but I need to know this,” Taehyung assures Mingyu as he places his hand on Mingyu’s shoulder.

 

Mingyu still looks hesitant. Taehyung sighs. “It’s fine. I won’t tell anyone and Jungkook doesn’t need to know what you told me,” Taehyung tries to convince the younger to talk.

 

Mingyu sighs a worried sigh before he finally says, “Jungkook hates Moroi because of his mom.”

 

Taehyung is taken aback from Mingyu’s answer. It made no sense to him. “His mom?"

 

“Yeah. His mom is a guardian; a legendary guardian. She aban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter