CHAPTER V

Bound By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s go out,” Taehyung exclaims, breaking the silence in the room. Jungkook—who was in the midst of reading the new update of his favorite webtoon—lifts his head up to look at the older. He puts down his phone and asks, “Suddenly? Were to?”

 

Well, he wasn’t surprised by Taehyung’s sudden request, because he was always full of surprise. “How about we go on date?” Taehyung casually asks like it was nothing. But for Jungkook, it was not that easy. He choked when he heard what Taehyung said. “D-date?”

 

Taehyung grins widely as he nods. “Yep! Date! Not now, but we can plan for it this weekend,” he says, while jumping around, unable to contain his excitement. “We can go to the cinema, watch a movie together while sharing popcorn and coke, then we can take a stroll in the park and grab some ice cream!”

 

“But—,” Jungkook wants to argue, however after seeing the older smiling widely, he decides not to.

 

Well, it’s just a date between friends to him and it’s fine. It’s going to be fine.

 

 

“A DATE?!” Mingyu slammed his fists on the table as he got up. A response to what Jungkook had just told him and it was loud enough to make people at the other tables stare at them. “You’re going to go on date with Taehyung?”

 

Jungkook gives him a mild-strong punch to the chest and then pulls his friend’s shirt down to force him back to his seat. “Can you shut the up?” says Jungkook. “You can’t talk out loud like that, moron!”

 

“Ah~, sorry” Mingyu grins.

 

“But Jungkook-ah, can I ask something?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What actually is your relationship with hyung?” he asks carefully.

 

Huh?

 

 “What do you mean?”

 

“ For starters, you spend most of your time with him and you’re always doing what he asks of you. And now, a date?” Mingyu sips his coke before continuing. “If you’d ask me I don’t think you guys have a normal friendship if he asks you to suddenly go out on date,”

 

But it’s Taehyung. “I’m sure it’s nothing like that. You know how carefree Taehyung is...” he denies Mingyu’s words bluntly. “He always says things that he doesn’t mean.”

 

“But—“ the bell rang cutting him off. Jungkook sighs in relief. He was thankful for the bell since it saved him the explanation.

 

“Ah, it’s next period. I have to go to the Chem Lab. See yah,” Jungkook quickly slings his backpack over his shoulder as he waves and runs away from Mingyu.

 

Just don’t expect anything else, Jeon Jungkook. Just don’t. He repeats the words in his head like a prayer, as he walks through the hallway. Honestly, without Mingyu even telling him, he would have known. He knows that a date means something more than a friend. He knows that, but then again, it’s Kim Taehyung. He’s an outgoing person and really kind… but to think that a date is a normal thing between friends?

 

He ran away . Yes, he was indeed a coward by ignoring the facts. That he knows too.

 

He didn’t want to be disappointed because he expects Taehyung to have the same feeling as him. Yeah, the feelings that are more than just a friend or a hyung-dongsaeng. Jungkook shakes his head, trying to make all these strange thoughts go away. He doesn’t want to get hurt. He doesn’t want their friendship to end because of some silly, one-sided crush.

 

Yeah, it’s better it stays like this.

 

 

 

Taehyung leans forward, hands propped under his chin as he shows his boxy grin. “So...what should we do for tomorrow’s date?” he asks. Jungkook doesn’t respond to the older and keeps his focus on his phone, while playing his favorite games. “Jungkook-ah,” he whines, asking for the younger’s attention, but it didn’t work. Taehyung lets out a long sigh. “Ya!” he puts down the younger’s phone forcedly as he leans closer, leaving a tiny space between their noses.

 

“I’m asking you,” he demands with his deep voice this time.

 

Thump. Jungkook holds back his breath, eyes blinking rapidly. His heart was pounding like crazy. Jungkook clears his throat and leans back his body, to try and widen the space between them.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Good, now you listen me,” he says sinking back to his seat. “What should we do tomorrow?” he asks once again.

 

Jungkook finally takes a deep breath as soon as Taehyung backs away from him. “I—I don’t know. What do you want?”

 

“Should we go to a cinema? And after that we can have dinner somewhere or just walk through the park,” he suggests.

 

“Ok, then,” Jungkook quickly agrees, then he looks down to focus on his game again.

 

Taehyung’s lips form a pout. “Do you hate the idea of going on date with me?” he asks dejected. Jungkook’s fingers stop moving from his phone, and then he looks up. “I mean, why don’t you look excited at all?” he complains, a sigh follows after. “Am I the only one who excited here?”

 

“N-no hyung. That’s not—,”

 

“You don’t have to say yes if you don’t want to go, Jungkookie,” he says sadly before getting up and giving Jungkook a disappointed look. Jungkook freezes, he doesn’t respond nor say anything. He knows he messed up everything when he sees the older turns his back and walks away. You’re so done, Jeon Jungkook, he lets out a long sigh as he sees the older disappear behind the door.

 

 

When Taehyung arrives, Jungkook assumed he came back from either Jimin or Seokjin's place. Jungkook at least expected some sort of greeting, but Taehyung walks past him and doesn’t even say anything. He doesn’t even take a single glance at Jungkook’s way. Even though he waited for him all day, after feeling guilty about being the reason for that sad look on Taehyung’s face.

 

Jungkook sighs. “Hyung,” he tries to call the older, but Taehyung ignores him instead, to take out his headphones and put it over his head. Then he lays down on his bed.

 

He really is mad at me, Jungkook sighs again. Jungkook doesn’t know what he has to do to get his attention, so he stands up to walk closer to Taehyung’s bed. “Hyung,” he tries once again. But the older turns his back towards him. It’s frustrating, really. He breathes in before he takes the older’s headphone off his head, which makes Taehyung not have choice but to get up. “Ya!” he yells annoyed and tries to snatch back his headphone.

 

Jungkook grabs Taehyung’s shoulder and stares directly into Taehyung's eyes. “Hyung, please listen to me.” Jungkook desperately pleads.

 

Taehyung coldly shifts his gaze to Jungkook. He shrugs off his shoulder to try and get away from Jungkook’s grip, but Jungkook was too strong. “Let your hands go,” he says coldly.

 

“No, not until you hear me out,” Jungkook insists.

 

Taehyung crosses his arms above his chest. “Fine, what do you want?”

 

Jungkook sighs. “It’s not that I wasn’t excited for our date,” he tries to explain. “I-it’s my first time, going on date, like this. I mean—,”

 

“You mean, with a guy?” Taehyung finishes his sentence instead. Jungkook nods quickly before he continues speaking. “That’s why I agreed to go ahead with whatever you decided because I wanted you to have fun, hyung,”

 

“How can I not having fun if I’m with you, kookie?” says Taehyung as he looks at the younger fondly. The anger is gone and changes to a soft, fond look, in a split second. Jungkook’s cheeks turn a light shade of red. He quickly looks down, avoiding Taehyung’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” he mumbles.

 

Taehyung giggles. “It’s fine.”

 

“I’m excited too, just like you, but before I was too nervous, that’s why I couldn’t say anything,” he confesses.

 

“Hmm, glad to hear that,” replied the older happily.

 

“I’m sorry,” apologizes Jungkook, again. Taehyung lets out another chuckle as he ruffles the younger’s fluffy hair. “Stop saying sorry,” he says with his right hand hooked under the younger’s chin to tilt it up.  He looks into the younger’s eyes. “Just make sure you look good tomorrow and let me handle everything. All you have to do is be Mr. Handsome, like always, ok?”

 

Jungkook nods. “Roger,” he smiles.

 

 

Jungkook stares at his own reflection in front of him, checking from head to toe. It didn't take him a long time to choose his outfit for today’s date, after all, he only wore an all-white outfit. It consists of his white tee that tucked into the ripped jeans, an off-white coat, with his black timberland shoes and a black beanie to complete his looks. He smiled to himself, satisfied with his look.

 

Jungkook stood outside Taehyung’s wardrobe and glanced at his wristwatch, it’s been 30 minutes since Taehyung got dressed. “Hyung, are you done?” He knocks through the door.

 

“Wait a minute,” the older replies from inside. Minutes later, the doors opened. Jungkook lifts his head up to meet Taehyung and— . Jungkook subconsciously opens his jaw, stupefied by the older. Taehyung looked good with his dark-blue beret and red knit-sweater with a blue striped shirt beneath it. Wow.

                                                                                                                                    

“How do I look?” asks Taehyung as he turns around, with a grin on his face. Jungkook doesn’t answer, still bewitched by the Tae’s looks. “Jungkookie?”

 

“Ah,” Jungkook gets his sense back. “Y-you look good, hyung.”

 

Taehyung smiles satisfied with reddened cheeks. “Let’s go,”

 

Jungkook nods as he slings his black backpack and walks out, with Taehyung following him. “What will we do today?” Jungkook asks as they walk side-by-side to the parking lot.

 

Instead of answering Jungkook’s question, Taehyung gave him a smile as answer. “Just follow me.”

 

When they arrive, Taehyung asks Jungkook to close his eyes until they reach their destination. Taehyung leads Jungkook gets off from their car, walking towards place that Jungkook doesn't know. "We've arrived," Taehyung whispers at Jungkook ears. "Ready?"

 

Jungkook nods. They count until three together and Taehyung quickly takes off Jungkook's blindfold, showing a big theme park with exciting ride many more.

 

“Tada!” Taehyung opened his arms widely. He puts a big smile on his face, waiting for Jungkook’s reaction.

 

“A theme park?” Jungkook reacts.

 

Taehyung nods excitedly. “I always wanted to go on date at a theme park,” he says. “You don’t like it?”

 

Jungkook shakes his head quickly when he sees the older starts to pout. “I like it,” he says quickly. “So what should we do first?”

 

A smile grows on Taehyung’s face. “That!” he points out a thrilling ride as he pulls the younger with him to runs towards the ride.

 

 

“What should we do next?” Taehyung asks, still excited even though they already rode almost every rides in the theme park. “Should we ride that?” he points out to another rollercoaster.

 

Jungkook giggles. “Hyung, we’ve ridden that.”

 

“Oh, really?”

 

Jungkook nods. “Let’s ride that, then we can eat something after,” he points out the giant ferris wheel in the middle of the park.

 

“But—“

 

Jungkook slips his hand through the older’s, intertwining their fingers tightly. He smiled. “Let’s go.”

 

Taehyung stares at their hands that were clasped together, then he nods. “Let’s go,” he replies. Jungkook takes the older to the ferris wheel entrance, hand-in-hand and doesn’t let go of the other at all. Then, when they are inside the ferris wheel, an awkward silence slowly creeps into the air. It’s not the first time they have sat next to each other in the same room. Of course, it wasn’t. They were each other's roommates after all.

 

But this time, it felt different. With their hands intertwine with each other, inside a small room, making their shoulders bump against each other. Jungkook could feel his heart jump around inside his chest. He didn’t know what he should do so he just lets out an awkward cough.

 

“Wow, it’s so pretty from up here,” says Taehyung, looking out the window, trying not to sound awkward but failed to do so.

 

Then they fell into another silence. Jungkook tries hard not to stare at Taehyung but he can also feel the older eyes on him. He’s afraid, he’ll cross the line if he looks at Taehyung’s face right now. Don’t Jeon Jungkook. He hypnotizes himself, trying to concentrate on other things . “Wow, hyung look—,”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter