CHAPTER III

Bound By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook packs his belongings into his bag as soon as he hears the bells ringing. He gets up from his seat and gets ready to leave, but a hand holds him back. “Where are you going?” Mingyu grabs his wrist.

 

“Library,” Jungkook removes Mingyu’s hand off. “I’m in hurry. I’m going,” he pats Mingyu’s back before runs to outside with a smile plastered on his face, leaving the other speechless. Mingyu snorts as he shakes his head. “Really, Jeon Jungkook. He leaves me for Taehyung hyung now,”

 

 

Taehyung smiles as he watches the younger reading the books in front of him. He can’t help but to smile. After a month, they really get so close; much closer than before. Now, they can talk casually, even though Jungkook still a little bit cold sometimes but it's much better than before. “Jungkookie,” says Taehyung.

 

Jungkook tilts his head up, staring at the elder from behind his round-glasses. “Hm?”

 

“Are you like me now?” asks Taehyung suddenly. “I mean, do you still hate me?” he corrects his words. Jungkook sighs before shrugs his shoulders and back to focusing on his book again. Taehyung lets out a long sigh. He snatches the book from the younger, trying to get his attention. “Answer me,”

 

“I don’t know,” Jungkook snatches the book back, but Taehyung doesn’t give in. Taehyung gets up and leans forward to the younger, leaving a tiny little space between their noses, makes the younger holds back his breath, eyes widens. Jungkook can feel his cheeks getting warmer and he’s pretty sure his ears will be red as well. Taehyung smirks and bumps his head into Jungkook’s. “What a cutie,” he says.

 

Jungkook finally successfully get back to his sense and takes a step away from Taehyung. “Ya!” he yells loudly, causing the librarian throw a deadly glare at him. He quickly bows and apologizes before he turns to Taehyung who’s in the middle giggling. “Stop it. Don’t you dare doing that kind of things again,” he glares with his index finger pointing towards Taehyung who still laughing.

 

Taehyung grabs Jungkook’s index finger and then put it down. “Fine, sorry.” He says while trying to hold back his laugh. Jungkook pulls his hand away from the elder’s grip and throws his body back to his seat. “Let’s just focus on the books,” he says coldly.

 

“Ok, then,” Taehyung replies with a little laugh and quickly covers his mouth with his hands when he sees Jungkook glares back at him. “Fine, I won’t laugh again,” he says finally. Then, they back to focusing at the books in their hands. A few hours later, after reading dozens of thick book with the words they hardly understand, Taehyung falls asleep.

 

Jungkook put down his book and stares at the elder quietly. He knows that Taehyung is handsome and pretty even from the first time he met him at the library’s attic. He knows Moroi is the prettiest creature, but Taehyung is the prettiest among the other Moroi—well, at least that what’s Jungkook think. He quietly observes every inch of the elder’s face. Taehyung really has the most symmetric face he’s ever seen. His rosy lips, his nose bridge, his long eyelashes and his thick eyebrows.

 

Why did he look so pretty? Jungkook then notices the mole below the elder’s nose and lips. A tiny little mole that he has never noticed before. He has the same moles as me. Jungkook doesn’t realize that he moves his face closer to the elder’s as he staring at the elder’s calm-sleeping face. He put his head down, facing Taehyung, so he can look at the elder’s face more clearly. When suddenly,

 

“Stop staring at me like that,” says Taehyung all of sudden. He opens his eyes, makes Jungkook frozen in his place. “Don’t get too close to me. Your smell too tempting for me,” he continues before he wakes up and gets up from his seat. “Let’s end it here for today. I don’t want something bad happens to you if you stay with me longer,”

 

Just when Taehyung takes a step away from their seat, Jungkook quickly grabs the elder’s wrist, holds him back. “Wait,” he says. Taehyung turns around. “Why did my smell affect you that much? I mean, I’m pretty sure you can drink other’s blood if you want,”

 

“I can’t. More precisely, I don’t want to,” answers Taehyung. “I couldn’t stand other’s smell after I smelled yours. I don’t even know why,” he explains. Jungkook’s expression changes and his eyes soften. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m still fine. I still can drink blood from the bank. Even though I hate it because it’s mostly from animal, I still can live with that,” he says.

 

“But—“

 

Taehyung laughs. “It’s fine. Don’t think about it,” he ruffles the younger’s hair. “Let’s just do it separately now. It’s too hard for me,” says Taehyung suddenly. “Bye, gukkie,” he waves his hand towards the younger as he walks away and leaves Jungkook alone.

 

It’s already past midnight, and Jungkook still staring at his bedroom’s ceiling. He keeps turning and sighing on his bed. He can’t sleep at all, not after what happened today.

 

It’s too hard for me.

 

Those words keep clinging in his head. He knows how hard it is to hold back the desire from the blood for a Moroi. He knows he shouldn’t feel this way. The other side of him said that. But the other one, starts to feel something for Taehyung. Pity? Maybe. It just obvious that the other side of him starts to soften for Kim Taehyung.

 

Why the hell did he smile while saying that? Why did he keep smiling at me even though it’s hard for him?

 

“Ahhhh!” he shakes his head strongly, makes Mingyu who already sleep at another bed awake. “Ya! You really so noisy!” Mingyu complains in furry. “Just say it that you interested in him,” he says before turning his back towards Jungkook and sleep again.

 

“It’s not like that!” Jungkook denies quickly.

 

Mingyu turns again and gets up this time. “Then what?”

“I don’t know,” Jungkook shrugs his shoulders. “Maybe, I pity him?”

 

“Hah, sure, sure,” Mingyu laughs sarcastically. “You pity him yet you always waiting excitedly for the school ends because that means you will meet him. You even ignore me these days,”

 

“It’s not like that. It just I wanna this end as soon as possible so I won’t meet him again,” Jungkook insists denying everything. Lie. He knows that there’s a slight truth about Mingyu’s words.

 

Mingyu sighs. “Whatever. I’m so done talking with you, clueless stupid,” he lay down and goes back to sleep. Jungkook stares at his roommate, then he shakes his head. No, you don’t have interest in him, Jeon Jungkook.

 

Not at all.

 

He’s not here again. Jungkook sighs as he pulls the chair and sits down. It’s been days since the last time he meets Taehyung. He thought Taehyung wasn’t serious about doing the searching separately. Turns out, he serious about it and they never meet again after that. He lets out another sigh. He opens one of the books that piles up in front of him, starts to read them. It's fine, it’s better this way.

 

He’s in the middle reading his 3rd book when he hears someone footstep walking towards him. The familiar scents filled his sense of smell. Strawberry. He looks away from his book but, then he sighs when he sees the person that approaches him not the person he’s expecting.

 

“Why are you look so disappointed like that?” asks Seokjin. “Do you expect someone else?”

 

Jungkook shakes his head. Seokjin lets out a laugh. “I wanna tell you something about Taehyung,”

 

“Taehyung?” Seokjin nods. He pulls the chair across Jungkook and sits down. “You know that he doesn’t want to drink any blood beside yours, right?” Jungkook nods. “I want to ask you a favor,” he adds.

 

“Don’t tell me—“

 

Seokjin nods. “Yes. Can you give me your blood for him? He’s getting weaker day by day because he couldn’t fulfill his thirst. Even though he said he’s fine, the truth is he’s not. He couldn’t get up from his bed. Please, I beg you,” Seokjin claps his hands together, eyes pleading to the younger.

 

“What? No,” he rejects it right away. He gets up from his seat, turning his back and ready to leave when Seokjin grabs his hand. “B-but, Taehyung really need it right now,” he repeats. Jungkook shoves away the elder hands and quickly leaves him alone.

 

He dashes out from the library, runs away from the fact that Kim Taehyung really sick right now and need his blood. The soften part of his heart really want to help him, but his sense tells him not to. Jungkook shakes off strange thought inside his head.

 

Come back to your sense, Jeon Jungkook. You shouldn’t give him your blood. He’s a Moroi and you know you hate them.

 

Jungkook sighs. Taehyung will be fine. He said it himself.

 

Yea. He will be fine.

 

He said that but the truth is, he couldn’t stop thinking about Taehyung. He couldn’t sleep at all. And now he feels so sleepy, but he can’t take a nap. Not in Sir Belakov’s class. Jungkook yawns, again. His eyes staring to outside, watching people out there when he sees him. Kim Taehyung. Taehyung walks between two guys, laughing so happily. He doesn’t look like in pain or sick at all. Instead, he looks so happy and lively. His smile—

 

Pretty. Yes, really pretty. And Jungkook really misses his smile. It’s been a long time since last time Jungkook sees Taehyung’s bubbly smile. There’s a strange feeling inside him when he saw Taehyung laugh with another guy like that. No, it’s not jealousy. Not at all.

 

Jungkook lets out a relieved sigh as his lips shape up a thin smile. At least I know he’s fine.

 

2 days later…

Jungkook in the middle reading another piles of book. Alone. When he finds something in one of the book. His smile grows as he gets up and takes the book with him. After the librarian writes it down the title book and Jungkook’s student ID, Jungkook quickly bows and leaves the library. He reaches his phone, dialing Taehyung number in hurry.

 

“Hello?” Taehyung’s voice can be heard.

 

“I found it!” Jungkook screams in joy. “I found the book that can answer almost all the question about our bond,” he says it more clearly.

 

Taehyung gasps. “Really?”

 

Jungkook nods. “Hm. Where are you? I will come to you,” he asks.

 

“I’m at the park near my dorm,” answers Taehyung. Jungkook starts to run again when he hears the place name. “Stay there. I will come to you,” he says before ends the call.

 

He runs towards the place Taehyung said. He waves his hand excitedly when he sees the elder sits on one of empty bench. Taehyung gives a thin smile and waves his hand. Jungkook smiles widely as he approaches the elder. He sits next to Taehyung while trying to catch his breath.

 

“Here,” he then gives away the book. “It’s a book called Anna : The Shadow-kissed One,” Taehyung receives the book and starts to open the pages. “The story really looks like what happens to us,” adds Jungkook.

 

“Ah,” Taehyung responds weakly. “Thank you, Jungkookie,” he says with another thin smile following his words. Jungkook is staring at the elder, from the head to toe. He’s really pale. Not only because he’s a Moroi—and Taehyung’s skin is tanned, not fair like other Moroi—but he’s really pale, like in their first time meet. There are big dark circles under his eyes and he looks thinner than before.

 

“Hyung,” says Jungkook softly. Taehyung eyes widen. “What? Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter