CHAPTER IV

Bound By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I should’ve known the idea won’t give me any good. Jungkook lets out a long sigh while he packs his belonging into his luggage. It just as he predicted. Giving his blood to Taehyung really just make his life harder. This morning, a week since Taehyung’s drink his blood, Seokjin called Jungkook to his office. He said Jungkook needs to move out from his room to Taehyung’s room. He said it’s to prevent the other from knowing about Jungkook had been bitten by Taehyung and about their spirit bound.

 

Jungkook rejected it at first. He said it’s violated the academy’s rule. But then he couldn’t remember what happened after that. He then found out that he already signed the paper that the elder prepared, that he agreed to move out. He’s pretty sure Seokjin use compulsive to him. That hyung, really too much. Jungkook growls just to think about it.

 

“Do you really have to go?” Mingyu pouts his lips while holding his soon-to-be ex-roommate’s hand, trying to hold back the other from going. “Can’t you just stay here? I can ask Taehyung to let you stay here,” Mingyu reaches his phone, dialing Taehyung's number when suddenly someone knocks the door. Mingyu goes to open the door, phone still glued to his ear. “Who’s tha—,”

 

“Hi, Mingyu. Can I meet Jungkook?” Taehyung smiles as he taps Mingyu’s shoulder and passes through him. “Jungkook-ah, are you done?”

 

“Oh, hyung,” Jungkook smiles. “Almost. I only have to put in my babies and my action figures,” he says.

 

“Babies?”

 

“I mean, my Timberlands, hyung,” Jungkook points out his Timberlands, followed by a giggle. Taehyung turns around and sees Mingyu who walks while looks down and pouting his lips. Taehyung gets up and grabs Mingu’s shoulder, makes the younger lifts his chin up. “Ya, what happened? Why are you look so gloomy?”

 

Mingyu sighs. “Hyung,”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can’t Jungkook stay here?” he asks.

 

Taehyung giggles. “I’m sorry, but he can’t,”

 

Mingyu pouts, again. “Why?”

 

“Because Jungkook is going to be my guardian after he passes the novice test. So he needs to stay beside me and it will make him easier to practice protecting me,” he explains.

 

Guardian? Jungkook’s brows drawing together. He never heard about him being Taehyung’s guardian before. “Wait, what do you mean guardian? Why I am your guardian? Wasn’t it Namjoon-ssi?” he asks in confuse.

 

“I’ll explain to you later,” says Taehyung as he caresses the back of Jungkook’s head. “You’re done, right? Let’s go,” he continues. Jungkook still confuses but he still nods in response. He then turns around and pulls out his arms widely, ask for a hug to his ex-roommate. Mingyu sighs but he walks closer to hug Jungkook. Taehyung smiles while looking at the two. “Ah, you can visit Jungkook whenever you want, Mingyu-ya.” he adds. “Or should I arrange you so you can be your boyfriend’s roommate?”

 

Mingyu’s eyes widen. “Really, hyung? I can be Wonwoo’s roommate?” His smile really wide. Taehyung nods. “Of course I can. Let me arrange it for you,” Mingyu runs to hug the elder tightly. “Thank you, hyung. You’re really the best!”

 

Jungkook scoffs, mocking Mingyu sarcastically. “Now you let me go after got what you want, huh?”

 

Mingyu sticks his tongue out, followed by a grin on his face. “You can take him now, hyung!” he says as he pushes Jungkook towards Taehyung. “Let me help you,” he takes Jungkook’s bags and brings it to outside their room. Then he goes back and pushes both Taehyung and Jungkook out. “Bye, Jeon Jungkook. Glad to know you!” he waves his hand and closes the door.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook left speechless then looking at each other before bursts into laughs. “Poor, our Jungkookie. You’ve been dumped by Mingyu,” he teases the younger.

 

“Well, I can find another friend then,” Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, acting cool. “Let’s go, hyung,”

 

“Let me help you,” Taehyung just want to take the younger bags but then Jungkook takes all his bags alone. He throws a smile towards Taehyung. “I’m a lot stronger than you, you know that,” he says as he walks away from his old room. Taehyung chuckles then snatch a bag from Jungkook’s hand. “I’m not that weak either, moron,” he walks passed Jungkook with a smile on his face. Jungkook chuckles and then walks quickly to catches up Taehyung. They walk side by side until they arrive at their room.

 

Jungkook looks around him in awe. It’s different. It’s different with Novice dorm. Indeed, the level for moroi always different. The interior of the dorm really looks so pretty with Victorian style and high ceiling decorated with floral ornaments.

 

“Ya, what are you doing? We’re going up,” Taehyung already inside the lift, finger pressing the door button because of Jungkook. “Ah,” Jungkook quickly walks into the lift with his bags. Then Taehyung presses for the highest floor. In seconds, they already arrived at their floor.

 

Jungkook steps out and again—he’s in awe when he sees the hallway in front of him. There are only four big doors with beautiful carves in the hallway. “There is only four room on this floor?” he asks as he following Taehyung who walks towards one of the room.

 

Taehyung nods. “Yep, this floor only for royal family’s member,” he explains while he takes out his key and puts it into the keyhole and turns it. “I’ll tell you more. Now let’s get in,” he opens the door and again—he doesn’t know how many times he’s in awe today—Jungkook subconsciously opens his mouth widely as he steps into Taehyung’s room. It’s really big and pretty and so-kim-taehyung.

 

His walls covered with floral patterned wallpaper in grey somber color, filled with classical paintings—such as Van Gogh’s, Edvard Munch’s, Paul Gauguin’s, etc.—and some minimalism photographs. There’s two bed, one still in a plain white duvet, the other one with the starry night’s duvet. Classic. “You really like Van Gogh?” Jungkook asks. Taehyung answers with hums. Jungkook already knows the answer, to be honest. He just doing small talk so they won't get awkward. He observes the room again. The ceiling is simpler than the wall. Painted in white with a big chandelier in the middle. The floor made of marble and covered with a large patterned carpet.

 

“Holy moly, hyung. It’s really ing big. It’s more than two times of my old room!” Jungkook says, still in awe with what he sees.

 

Taehyung giggles. “Well, it’s big, indeed. But I’m alone so it only makes me feel lonelier,”

 

“Oh? You don’t have roommates?” asks the younger. Taehyung answers with shaking his head. “Why? I think I saw other Moroi still have roommate earlier,” he asks again.

 

“Well,” Taehyung shrugs his shoulders. “Maybe because I’m the royal family member? I think all Moroi in this floor—which means four of us—all don’t have roommates too. But I’m fi—,” Taehyung cant continue his words when he feels Jungkook’s muscly arms wrapping around him. “You won’t be lonely again from now, hyung,” he says softly, makes Taehyung’s cheeks blushed. Jungkook—without feeling anything wrong about the hug—releases his arms and grins widely.

 

Badump. Taehyung can feel his heart beating so loudly, loud enough to him worried Jungkook will hear it. Badump. It’s beating once again. Taehyung puts his hand on his chest, hoping it will soundproof the sound of his heartbeat. Jungkook tilts his head confused when he sees the older stand still, not saying anything. “Are you ok, hyung?”

 

“D-don’t do that,” he warns Jungkook suddenly.

 

“Do what?” Jungkook still doesn’t understand.

 

“T-that. Hug me or approaches me all of sudden,” he warns the younger more clearly this time.

 

Jungkook tilts his head to the side. “Eh? Why?” He leans into Taehyung, leaving few inches between them. “Why I shouldn’t do this?”

 

Taehyung gasps, hands quickly covering his nose. “Or I’ll bite you again!” he answers frustratedly. He steps back few times before lets his hands go. “This much. Only this much,”

 

Jungkook sighs. “But hyung—,” he takes a step forward. “if that’s what you want,” he takes another step, makes Taehyung steps backward as much as Jungkook did. “why the hell I move here, then? I mean it’s better to stay away from each other,” he complains. It’s not that he wants to touch or being close to Taehyung so much, it’s just frustrating. He doesn’t get it why Taehyung ask him to move from his room if they will just standing with 500m distances between each other?

 

“Please,” Taehyung suddenly begs. “I don’t wanna hurt you. It’s not good for you if I keep drink or bite you,” he stares at Jungkook with pleading eyes. Jungkook sighs. “Fine,” he finally gives in, makes a smile appears on taehyung’s face.

 

“Now, let’s unpack your things,” Taehyung approaches Jungkook’s luggage. “You can wear that side and organize your things. If you need an additional shelf or anything, just let me know,” he continues.

 

Jungkook nods as he opens his luggage. “Got it, hyung,” Jungkook looks at outside, sky already tuned into dark. “But, hyung,”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You didn’t have class today? It’s already night,” he asks.

 

Taehyung quickly looks at his wristwatch then slaps his own forehead. “Ah, right! I forget!” he takes his backpack and put in some books and stationery in a rush. “I’m going. Are you fine alone here?” he asks.

 

Jungkook shows a thin smile. “I’m fine. You should leave now,”

 

Taehyung nods. “I’m going. Just sleep if you want to sleep first, ok?” he says in the middle putting his sneakers on. “Bye,” he gets up and walks towards the door before disappearing behind it. Jungkook starts to unpack his things. He arranges his action figures neatly, puts all his white-tees into the wardrobe at the corner. In the meantime, he’s done unpacking.

 

What should I do now? Jungkook gets up, looks around observing his new bedroom. He walks towards the big window, opens the window widely as he inhales the night’s air. He looks below him, Morois walk around, laughing, talking with each other. Night is the time for Morois start their activities. It’s because not all Moroi can walk freely under the sun, only the powerful ones—which is the royal families’ member that can withstand the sun. Jungkook closes the window again and walks towards his bed, decides to just go to sleep. Because if he’s waiting for Taehyung, he’ll end up not sleep at all and he can’t do that. Tomorrow he has so many practice-session with Namjoon and exams too.

 

Jungkook lays down and shuts his eyes closed. Just when he wants to fall asleep, someone knocks the door. “Tae! Are you inside?” the voice asks.

 

Jungkook groans as he forcedly wakes up from his-almost-sleep. He opens the door and finds a guy with blonde hair and fair skin standing before him. “Who—?” Jungkook tilts his head to the side, hand still on the knob standing on guard. Jungkook knows the guy is Moroi and he can use the compulsive anytime.

 

“Oh? I think I’m the one who should ask you. Who are you? Why are you in Taetae’s room?” he asks. “I’m Park Jimin, Taetae’s friends,”

 

“Ah, Taehyung hyung already went to his class. So you can come again later,” Jungkook bows after he finished his words, quickly closes the door but the guy prevents it with his feet. “You haven’t answered me. Who are you? You’re a dhampir, right?” he asks again.

 

“I can’t answer,” Jungkook tries to push Jimin’s feet from the door.

 

“Why?” Jimin still insists. “Answer me or—,”

 

“Park Jimin,” someone calls his name, makes him turns around. “You can stop doing that,” It’s Seokjin. “Jungkook will stay at Taehyung’s room from now,”

 

“But why? He’s a dhampir and dhampir shouldn’t have to walk around here, you know that too, hyung,” Jimin still confused.

 

“I’ll explain to you later. Now, don’t disturb him. Let him rest,” Seokjin puts his arm around Jimin’s shoulder and drags him away. “And you, Jeon Jungkook. Don’t walk around by yourself in the night. It’s dangerous,” he warns the younger before walks away.

 

 

Jungkook was in the middle of enjoying his dream when suddenly he into another dream. He looks around, finding himself not inside his dream. It’s Taehyung’s. He looks around again. He’s in the middle of a forest, a dense one. Where am I? Taehyung runs into the forest, breathing heavily. He’s being chased by something. He keeps running until he tripped and falls. He turns around. “Please stop disturbing me!” he begs, body shivering from the fear. Some white-shadows stands surrounding him, staring with their lifeless eyes. What are those?

 

“Help us, please help us,” one of them say with deep hoarse tone. “Let us borrow your body,”

 

Taehyung shakes his head strongly. “No, go away!” he covers his ears closely. “Don’t come at me!” he screams in fear. Jungkook quickly tries to get out from the dream. He needs to wake Taehyung up from his nightmare or whatever it calls. He tries to concentrate, gather all his power and it works. Jungkook quickly gets up from his bed, approaching Taehyung who keeps tossing around on his bed.

 

“Hyung,” he holds Taehyung’s shoulder, shaking it to wake him up. “Hyung, wake up!” he calls Taehyung louder. Taehyung eyes open in instant, tears flowing from his eyes, body still shivering from fears. “Jungkook-ah,” He holds on Jungkook’s shirt with his trembling hands.

 

Jungkook pulls Taehyung into a hug, wrapping his arms around Taehyung’s. “It’s ok, hyung. I’m here. It’s ok,” he brushes his hand against Taehyung’s back gently, chanting the words to make Taehyung feels better.

 

Taehyung loosens his arms. “How do you—?”

 

“I’m into your dream, hyung,” Jungkook answers before the older finishes his words. “I told you everytime you get an explosive emotion, I’m being into your mind,”

 

“Ah,” he breathes in deeply, tears finally stop from flowing. “Thank you,” he smiles thinly.

 

“Hyung,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“What are those?” Jungkook moves his body to sit across Taehyung.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Those creatures in your dream,”

 

“Ah,” Taehyung straight up his back. “Those are spirits that want to take away or borrow my body,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter