a grief

unfolding the crumpled wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clouds, candies and lollipops are all over the place. Falling from the ceilings, hanging on the walls, scattered on the floors. Everything is bubbly, and beautiful, and brilliant in colours…

Ryeowook couldn’t even tell apart if it’s a real world or just a dream. But It’s nice in here, he totally loves it. He didn’t sleep or eat, yet he didn’t feel any sleepy or hungry. He just play and wander around in the spacious space, days and nights.

But he’s all alone, there’s no one to share this with, therefore he knows that the place isn’t where he supposed to stay long.

 

The brunette slowly flutters his eyes open as he took in his surroundings and the familiar smells of the hospital’s sterilizer. He wonders where everyone had gone, there’s no one in the room with him at the moment. He tried to take off the irritating oxygen mask on his face, but he’s just too tired that he couldn’t even moves his hands more than just a weak grasp. So at the end he rested the failing limbs over his abdomen.

His eyes almost popped out of the socket as he realized that his stomach that once were enormous in size has become flat.

How long had he been sleeping? Did he already went into labour? But there’s no other cribs in the room except for his own single bed. What happened to his babies?!

Adrenaline rushed through his veins, and he finally found the strength to support his body into a half-sitting position and hastily taking off the breathing support. Just as he were about to jump out of the bed and search for his babies, the door of the ward opened, revealing Kyuhyun with a small bag in his hand.

Kyuhyun subconsciously dropped the bag on the floor as he stormed into the room straight to his husband. “Oh!! Wookie! You’ve wake up at last!” He hug Ryeowook, the brunette is still in the postnatal care so he’s careful not to hug his husband too tight. “Thank god I came back in time, I just go out for a minute to get my clothes from Eomma.” He beamed, glad that his husband finally had woken up.

Ryeowook abruptly broke the hug though, he have no time for this. “Where is our babies?! What happened to them?!!”

Kyuhyun stifled a smile. “Calm down.. they’re safe..” The taller assured as he massaged Ryeowook’s shoulders to soothe his husband panic state. “They were born pre-matured, so they had to be moved into the specialist maternity ward.”

The brunette sighed in relief. “I wanna see them.” He declared as he made another attempt to get out of the bed again, luckily Kyuhyun managed to stop him midway.

“Wookie!” He called out sternly. “Listen, I thought that I almost lose you when you’re into labour.. You lost so much blood under the surgery, and then even though you survive, the doctors still didn’t gave me any assurance that you would wake up anytime soon…” Kyuhyun told his husband about what happened.

The tall man tried to persuade Ryeowook. “You just woke up a few minutes ago, dear... You’re still weak, what if something happened to you again?? You can still see the babies when you’re in a better conditions..” He look at the petite male with a pleading eyes.

Ryeowook slumped back on his bed, pouting and sulking.

 

The tall man sighed in defeat. “Fine, wait for me. I’ll go get you a wheel chair.” Kyuhyun said.

He disappear for a moment behind the door and come back again with the said wheel chair, he help Ryeowook to sit on it and then strolled his husband down the path to where their babies were placed.

As they arrived at the maternity ward, Ryeowook request to his husband for a quick stop at the new born infant’s nursery on the way to their babies’ ward. He watched dozens of babies bundled up in a pink and blue blankets through the tempered display glass at the end of the room, some of the mothers in there were feeding their baby while some others just watch and cooed at their sleeping ones. Looking at them, the brunette can’t wait any longer to meet his own little angels.

Ryeowook tugged his husband’s sleeve. “Let’s go...” He beamed at Kyuhyun.

The tall male seems to spaced out on his feet though, he were snapped out of his endless thoughts when Ryeowook tugged on the hem of his sleeve once more. The petite male gives him a questioning look.

Kyuhyun nervously cleared his throat. Ryeowook is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter