Chapter-4

Perfect

“So you already know that we are B.A.P. We debuted as a 5 member group but Youngjae will be joining us as a permanent member” said the leader while Youngjae sent a silent nod your way. “You will basically be showing people that we are comfortable with his addition, especially Daehyun since they are both vocals..” Yongguk looked at Daehyun who still had his gaze fixed on his hands that cupped each other. “...also focus on our US concert preparations. That will be all I guess, any questions?”

How did you end up here you thought? Daehyun had always joked about how famous he would be one day, and to be honest he had the talents for it. But here you were interviewing him and his gang for a report everyone is waiting for. The big reveal of B.A.P. The nations’s or even the world’s young hearts waited for the news B.A.P had to offer. If this was a report on just Dae you could have written a book over it but there was a bigger picture here. More focus needed to be drawn on both Youngjae and Daehyun, not just the latter. You needed to do heavy research and there was no room for slacking, but where was your assistant? You cursed at Jackson in your head for leaving you here alone without any information or details.

“..er..yeah there is actually. I wasn’t briefed about the situation much so, will we meet here every day?” you asked hoping to shed some light on this confusing set of events.

Zelo and Jongup chuckled.

“Oh my! You really are clueless” Himchan said mockingly. “You will spend the whole day with us as per our schedule. Mark..I guess that’s your supervisor’s name.. was well supposed to live with us at the dorm, but since you are..well..clearly a girl, we will have to make arrangements to drop you off at your apartment every day. Since it might get late sometimes” Himchan said, clearly stirring up some evil inside his head.

“But wait, we don’t need to worry about that do we? Your best friend can just drop you off, like usual.” You could have sworn on anything, from the look on his face that Himchan was the devil himself and his red hair didn’t help the cause either.

You and Daehyun both jerked your heads up to meet Himchan’s eyes and then met each others’. For a brief moment you thought he genuinely looked sad. Why did he look sad about something he does every day anyway? Or was something else bothering him? Talk to me Dae.

Daehyun broke away from the stare first and you looked away, towards Yongguk. It was safer there.

“It’s okay if he doesn’t want to. I will take little miss clumsy to her apartment. Maybe she’ll make me a nice dinner.” Youngjae smirked and winked at your direction.

Out of habit you looked at Daehyun and his eyes were about to burn a hole through Younjae’s brain. Is it because of what he just said or was it something else? What was this unusual tension amongst them? Maybe it’s a vocalist thing, you thought.

“No thank you. I am a big girl and I can make my way through the city. You guys don’t need to worry” you broke the silence.

To everyone’s surprise, a big snigger came out of Daehyun’s mouth. The boy who hadn’t said a word or showed any enthusiasm the whole day just laughed at your confidence in being an independent pedestrian in the city.

On other days you would have killed him. He would have tasted every bit of your wrath but today you were happy he reacted to something you said. He probably remembered the thousands of times he had to go rescue you from places you didn’t know, picked you up from ditches and had been your support through all the times you needed him.

No wonder you missed him so much, even if it hadn’t been twenty four hours yet, but it didn’t need to be. His presence was always lingering through phone calls and text messages even though he wasn’t around. He would smile and cleanse your worries. But he wasn’t smiling anymore. And your worries weren’t going anywhere.

“Looks like Daehyun disagrees” giggled Youngjae earning death threatened looks from the both of you.

“I think we should move to our practice venue hyung” Jongup saved the situation as he gestured towards Yongguk.

“Right let’s get moving to our company building then shall we.” The leader commanded as everyone got up from the tables.

“Could you give me the address? I need to call a cab.” You said.

“Oh no you don’t! You are coming with us” the youngest of the bunch grabbed you by the arms and pulled you out the door before you could protest. Youngjae came up from behind and gave you a slight push on the shoulders as he joined the both of you.

You looked back at the rest of the crowd and saw Dae glowering in your direction.

I have to talk to him.

Youngjae held the door open as you made your way onto the seat between Jongup and Zelo at the back. The middle seats were filled by Himchan on the left and Daehyun in the middle, followed by Youngjae who was the last to get on. Yongguk made himself comfortable on the front seat alone.

It was a big car but felt small by the amount of people gathered in its vicinity. Especially because you were sat beside the tallest human being you’ve ever seen. Zelo was 6’2’ from what you remember Daehyun telling you.

“Hyung play some music!” Zelo screamed from the back so that the oldest of them could hear him all the way from the front.

“No I think we should get to know Miss Aerum a little don’t you think?” Youngjae giggled.

“Yeah. Let’s do that!” Himchan joined in.

“I-“ You began to object but was interrupted by the ringtone on your phone.

Warrior blazed loudly from your phone earning everyone’s glances, till you managed to somehow dig the phone out of your bag.

“Hello? Jackson? You dumb ! WHERE ARE YOU?! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME WHERE I WAS GOING? WHO I WAS ABOUT TO MEET?! YOU ARE DEAD! HELLO? Did YOU hang up on ME?!” Your voice could be heard from the Himalayas.

A huge laugh echoed from the other side as your face bore the colour of a ripened apple. Nobody in the car knew how to react. They were either holding back their laughter or holding back sympathetic words to calm you down. Daehyun shifted in his seat trying not to look back.

“Are you laughing at me right now? Just wait ti-“ you stopped mid sentence as your stare caught Daehyun’s in the front mirror. Your body couldn’t properly react with the sudden warmth his eyes bore. It was as if he was re-living the daily conversations, the morning breakfasts and everything you guys didn’t do today, all just by looking at you. It took him a couple seconds to realize he had been caught you and immediately lowered his body and rested his head on the upper rest of the seat. He took a moment to inhale a long breath before closing his eyes.

“Till what?!” Jackson asked for the nth time surprising you with his shriek. He was always so loud.

Your gaze was fixed on Daehyun’s forehead while you spoke. You wanted to touch his hair, brush your fingers through the streaks of his silky brown hair. Right now, you wanted to ask him what was wrong, relieve him off the pain like he always did to yours. But how could you? He wouldn’t even look your way. The hands that always held yours were now tightly clasped on to each other, avoiding any and every touch.

“Nothing. Just meet me at the TS Entertainment building.” You just about managed after a short silence.

The rest of the ride passed by with conversations about you and sometimes about Daehyun, and how you two had met and stayed friends. Every story you told held heavy memories for the both of you. How could he sleep listening to all this? How could he not react or join in on the conversation with all the enthusiasm he’d pour on these same stories earlier.

How could you be doing this to me Dae?