A Mission

Long Lost Love

 

You feel your heart nearly leap out of your chest at Jeongmin’s words. The one I’m going to marry? He wants to marry me?  You picture walking down the aisle in a long white dress, Jeongmin waiting for you at the altar. Flower petals drifting through the air as a soft song plays. The thought brings a smile to your face and you blush slightly. You wouldn’t mind marrying Jeongmin one bit; you’d be happy to spend the rest of your life with him.

Your dream is interrupted as Jeongmin’s father suddenly grabs him and drags him through the doorway. “If you won’t compromise then I’m sorry, but you have no choice. You will do as we say. Now get in the car!” Jeongmin lets out a surprised yelp and scrambles to get away but both of his parents are dragging him towards the car.

“Jeongmin!” Your voice is broken as you start to run after him but they’re already trying to shove him into the backseat. You can’t save him. “______! Look under your pillow!” His voice calls out through the half shut car door. They shut the door to the back of the car and you sink to your knees, tears dripping down your cheeks. He rolls down the window as they start to speed away. “Make sure you look!”

You have no idea what he’s talking about; what could possibly be under your pillow? You don’t want to go find out. You want to curl up in a ball and sleep forever and maybe cry some more. You didn’t think losing him would hurt this much; shouldn’t you be used to it by now?

You let out a shuddering breath as more tears fall down your flushed cheeks. How could you go against his parents wishes? Who knew what they would do? You wipe your cheeks clean as shakily stand, closing the door to your house and locking it before pressing your forehead to the wood. You don’t want to look around your house; every room held a different memory.

You close your eyes and sigh. If only you could just rewind this morning and go back just moments before that knock on the door came. This time, you would leave it unanswered. You would crawl back into bed and curl up in Jeongmin’s arms and sleep in until late afternoon, not caring who knocked on the door and what they wanted.

Too bad you can’t time travel.

You climb the stairs slowly; you might as well check to see what Jeongmin meant. Rays of morning sun cast shadows in the room as you hurry over to the bed, trying to ignore how lonely it looks without another body beside you. You slide your hand under the pillow and move your hand around until it hits something solid. You pull it out to find an envelope.

You tear it open slowly, unsure of what might be written inside. Maybe he never wants to see you again, you worry. Maybe it’s a goodbye. You open up the tightly folded letter and scan the print as your eyes start to water again.

Dear ______,

I’m writing this letter because I know, for now, our time together is limited, and until I can get my family to drop this whole stupid ordeal, we’re going to have to be apart. I also know that it will kill me not being able to wake up beside you and hug you and cook you breakfast and laugh at your bed head. (just kidding) ^^

But it’s only temporary. If you’re reading this, it means that they’ve come to take me back to their house and will probably be sticking me in a suit soon, so I have a favor to ask. A huge one.

You know how if fairytales, the princess is in peril somehow and she needs her true love to save her? Well this time, I’m the princess. (yah I can see you laughing at that, just hear me out!)

If I’m the prince in distress that means that you’ll have to be my princess charming. You’re going to have to save the day. I can’t get out of here, but you can get in, and together we can escape.

I love you ______. I love you so much. I can’t wait to see you again.

Jeongmin

P.S. I’ve included my address and a map of the house with this letter. Have fun with your spy mission ^^

You finish the letter and hold it close to your chest, smiling widely. You could save him. You could have him by your side, and you would never have to let him go. All you had to do was sneak in and get him back; you had to be the hero.

You couldn’t wait until you could see him and about that one. Princess Jeongmin.