A Perfect Ending

Long Lost Love

 

“Jeongmin! You’re making a mess!” You whine as he whips the batter quickly, a smile on his face. “I’ll clean it up later, it’s not fun in you don’t make a mess!” You roll your eyes as he finally slows his incessant stirring, setting down the spoon with a satisfied smile. “The batter is ready! Time to bake!”

It was your birthday, and Jeongmin has insisted on making you a cake no matter how many times you declined. So far, it had consisted of more mess than actual progress, but you had to admit, he did look really cute with batter all over his nose.

You pull out the cake pans and hand them to him as he begins to sloppily pour the mix into the pans. Your eyes widen as he lets the batter keep flowing, dangerously reaching the edge of the pan. “Yah! Pabo! You’re going to spill it everywhere,” you yell as he stops suddenly, looking up in surprise. He pouts.

“I thought I was doing a good job.” You roll your eyes and kiss him softly on his nose, the taste of vanilla cake mix hitting your lips. He grins as you take the pan away from him and even out the mixture between the two separate pans. “Aish, you really are a bad cook Jeongminnie.”

His hands snake around your waist and he buries his face in the crook of your neck, laughing. The vibrations tickle your neck and you let out a little giggle to match his. “But I’m your bad cook.” You smile at his words and nod. “Yes, that’s true.”

He sighs, his breath fluttering against your skin. “I’m so glad to be here with you again.” You feel the butterflies jumble around in your stomach as you bend down to place the pans in the oven, Jeongmin finally releasing you to step away from the heat. You turn back to face him and loop your arms around his neck. “I’m glad you’re here too.”

He grins and presses his forehead against yours, closing his eyes. You close the short distance between your lips and he happily complies. He molds his body to yours and you let out a content sigh as you part for breath, his eyes spilling over with love. He bites his lip shyly and you can almost feel the happiness radiating between you.

You can’t seem to find the rights words; everything you could possibly say seemed insignificant. You watch his face, searching for an answer. You don’t even notice that you’re crying until Jeongmin swipes his thumb along your cheek.

“What’s wrong?” He whispers, his breath snaking across your cheek as he hugs you tightly. You feel another tear fall as you step away a bit, intertwining your fingers with his as you bring his hand to your cheek.

“There’s nothing wrong, I’m just happy. So, so happy.” Jeongmin laughs but his eyes look a little moist as he kisses your eyelids. Soft butterfly wings, one, two.

“Pabo. Happy people don’t cry.” You shove his chest playfully. “Well maybe I’m not like most people. I’m different.” You stick your tongue out at him and he rolls his eyes before his head drops close to yours.

“You’re right; you’re better than everyone else.” You blush and smile, looking down. He snatches up your lips again, kissing you until you can barely stand. Your vision goes fuzzy as you’re dizzy with happiness. The oven beeps, bringing you back to reality, but Jeongmin doesn’t let you turn around, just kisses away your words. You struggle against him, your words coming out in little gasps.

“Jeongmin…cake…burn…” He sighs, releasing his hold on you as you rush to the oven to pull out the food. You pout as you notice the crisp edges and darkened top.

“Pabo! What did I tell you?” He grins sheepishly and chuckles. “Happy birthday?” His words come out sounding like a question and you roll your eyes. You can’t help but laugh along though, and soon you’re both a messy fit of giggles.

“Maybe we’re just both terrible cooks,” you say, staring at the burnt cake in defeat. He takes the cake from you and sets it down on the countertop before taking your hands in his again.

“At least we’ve got something else going for us.” You stare at him curiously as he grins. “We’re both pretty awesome kissers.” You laugh, but nod in agreement as you pull him close again, your arms circling his head tenderly. You tangle your fingers in his curly locks and smile into the kiss as your noses brush.

Nothing could ever break you apart again. 

_____________________

and that's it everyone ^^ I hope you enjoyed <3 stick around because i'll be starting my new Myungsoo story soon! also, if you have a tumblr you should follow me here http://kpop-drabbles.tumblr.com/. sometimes i post a bit faster there so you might have a chance at reading a story earlier than others ;D anyway, thank you so much again for reading! ppyong~ <3