A Battle of Words

Long Lost Love

 

Shock hits you in the stomach and your mouth falls open. Hyora smiles sweetly at you before placing a hand on Jeongmin’s forearm. You can feel anger boil under your skin at her touch. Who did she think she was? That was your Jeongmin she was touching.

You mentally slap yourself. What were you talking about? You were truly head over heels for him; something you had been trying to avoid after losing everyone you had ever loved. But look at the chance you had-Hyora was beautiful, and to top it off, she was his fiancée!

You quietly close your mouth and back away, giving them room to talk. However, Jeongmin just shakes away her touch, stepping back as well. “You know very well that we’re not getting married, Kim Hyora. No matter what our parents say. I have explained this many times.” His tone is cold and hard; you find yourself missing his soft bubbly voice and bright smile.

“If you could please leave, that would be wonderful.” Jeongmin reaches for the door and tries to swing it shut, but Hyora wedges a stiletto in before he can. She gives him a smile dripping sugar and bats her eyelashes. “What’s wrong, Jeongminnie? You should act like a gentleman when you’re talking to your future wife.” He eyes her coldly and sighs. “Just get out of here. I never want to see you again. We’re never going to get married, so just give up now. I love someone else.”

Hyora’s eyes land on you and she giggles maliciously. “Who, her? You’ve got to be kidding me. Poor thing looks like a dog that’s been kicked.” The insult hits you hard and it takes everything you have to hold back a bruised whimper. Jeongmin’s eyes narrow and his voice becomes a hiss.

“You’re lucky I can’t hit you right now.” He slams the door shut and locks it, ignoring her calls from the other side of the door. Her voice is muffled but still spills thought the cracks in the doorway.

“You can’t hide forever Jeongmin. We will be married, you can’t stop the future. And now that I know you’re here, I’ll be letting your parents know as well.” He stares at the door with clouded eyes as you stand behind him, a hand over your mouth. Your perfect morning has been shattered.

When her footsteps finally fade, Jeongmin turns to step towards you again. His eyes lighten up a bit as he gives you a weak smile. “I’m really sorry. She’s an ignorant .” You gape at Jeongmin; where had your innocent oppa gone? “Jeongmin!” You cry as he blushes. “It’s the truth,” he mumbles and you smile sheepishly. “I can see why you don’t want to marry her.”

He wraps his arms around you and buries his face in your neck, taking deep shuddering breaths. You encircle his neck with your own arms and sigh, trying to forget the morning’s events. Nothing was going to take Jeongmin away from you. You would rather die than be apart.

Maybe that was a little drastic. But you loved him, more than words could describe. And after his reaction to Hyora, you were pretty sure he felt the same. As long as you had him by your side, everything would be alright. Hopefully that would be for a lot longer than Hyora predicted.

Jeongmin lifts his head and meets your eyes with his own, his lips pouting slightly. You give him a soft smile to reassure his sad expression. “Hey, everything will be alright, okay?” You touch his cheek lightly and he grins. “You don’t know how happy it makes me feel to hear you say that.”

You give him a light shove to his chest. “Pabo, you know it’s true. As long as we’re together we’ll be alright.” Jeongmin pinches your cheeks and you blush furiously, swatting at his hands. “Aigoo, you’re so cute!” He cries before planting a sweet kiss on your lips.

You murmur your disagreement as he heads into the kitchen to clean up. You really didn’t know how to live without that boy, and you were hoping you would never have to find out.