The Buzz of Busy City Streets Melting into the Sun's Rays of Warmth

Mismatched Socks

           "You just gave a girl your favorite leather jacket with your contat information scribbled on the tag and expect her to just call you?" Suga asked in disbelief. Taehyung nodded as he got into the car behind his hyung.

          "Pretty smart, isn't it?"

          "NO! What if she leaks that information and your phone gets bombarded with thousands of text messages coming from every single Army around the globe?"

          "Then he'll be recieving a lot of love," Jin laughed as he got into the van as well.

           Suga looked around at his band members in disbelief. "Am I really the only one who sees the problem with this?"

          "You need to relax, Suga. Taehyung would just need to change his phone number. Will be a bit of a hassle, but not the end of the world," Nam Joon pats Suga on the back. The engine growls to life and the boys feel the van curving out of the parking lot.

           "What shall we eat today? I think we deserve something good after a hard day of fansigning," Jin said, rubbing his stomach in an anticipating manner.

            "How could you define meeting Armys as hard work? They are our everything," Jimin said. Everyone rolled their eyes and laughed.

            "You know that isn't how I meant it," Jin grumbled.

            "I know, just fun teasing you," Jimin replied and flashed his cheeky smile. Then the bantering began.

           "Stir fried chicken!"

          "Kimchi jjaege."

              "Meat!" Jin's voice boomed over the others. "Let us go to a korean grilled barbecue." His suggestion came with no resistance, so it was decided. The manager turned the van towards the highway, speeding down the roads to get the hungry boys out of his van before their moods became grumpy. Taehyung kept glancing at his phone.

               "It has been quite a while now. Do you think she found my phone number?" he asked his band mates.

               "Dunno. Probably. Don't worry, she'll call eventially," Nam joon replied.

               "Aw, look at you, being all nervous. So glad someone here is finally meeting a girl again," Jin leaned forward to ruffle the chestnut fluff of Taehyung's hair.

             "What if she isn't interested? Maybe she has the phone number and doesn't want to contact me?"

             "Or she would rather keep the jacket instead of meeting you," Suga muttered to himself.

              "Don't be so pessimistic!" Jin hit his roommate on the head with a scowl. "The poor boy is finally putting himself out there. We should support him." Taehyung's phone started vibrating. All the bickering ceaced and the van became quiet. Taehyung looked at the screen. An unknown number stared back at him.

            "Do you think it is her?" he asked.

            "Answer it!" Jimin urged him. Taehyung swiped left to answer the call and timidly placed the phone to his ear.

           "Annyeong?"

          "Hello? Is this Taehyung? I am the girl you gave your jacket to, if you still remember," a bright, clear voice came from the other line.

          "Yeah, I still remember you," Taehyung said.

         "Oh, well... that's good. Are you free right now? When could I meet you to return your jacket? Or I can send it if you'd rather I do that. Or just-"

          "Meet me today." There was a small pause. He coul taste her surprise.

          "Okay. Where?"

         "At the Korean Barbecue Angry Cow," Taehyung said.

         "Okay, sure. I could make that in half an hour. Would that be alright?" she asked.

        "Yeah, sure. We'll wait for you," Taehyung replied. He felt a hesitation on the other side.

        "Do I need to dress fancy?"

        "You can dress casual, but maybe fancy enough to do something after?" he asked more than stated. Would she want to spend time with him after the dinner? He felt the steady, fluttering breath of the girl over the phone.

         "I'll see what I can do. Make sure to reserve for two extra people. I'm bringing a friend."

         Taehyung lowered the phone from beside his face and noted how he was still smiling to himself. She was full of surprises. A timid, quiet girl who sweared and hung up the phone without waiting for a response. Taehyung loved figuring people out. Someone would randomly capture his attention and he would spend every minute with them, trying to understand their thoughts and habits. He loved the different stories people carried around with them. The stories one had to prode out of people usually ended up being the most suspenseful ones. He had a feeling this girl had a beautiful story waiting for him to discover.

         "So she is meeting us at Angry Cow?" Jin asked. Taehyung glanced over at his hyungs.

        "Sorry, I hope that is okay. I just don't want to wait and we are leaving to go to Thailand next week."

          Nam Joon smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "All good, but just know that we are hungry as and won't be waiting a minute longer than 30 min."

        "While you're at it, call Jeongguk. He had seperated from us to buy  some hand creme, so he doesn't know where to meet us yet," Suga grumbled from behind. Taehyung pressed on Jeongguk's contact information and placed the phone to his ear before turning to look out the window. The sky was still bright, even with the setting sun. Summer was approaching fast. He felt it through the persistant rays of sunlight and the rustling of leaves in the trees on the sidewalks. He saw it in the girl with no name. Summer would be beautiful.


                                                                                                           * * * * * *

          "I'm sorry," the bump to his shoulder quietly called as the girl continued running. He watched her.

   The heavy churchbells were echoing down the street. Jeongguk had always had something for churchbells. He allowed himself a moment to take in the scenery. The first warm day of the new year. Sun rays danced on his upstretched face, coaxing a smile out of him. Spring was here. A slight breeze broke the trance. He had somewhere to be. He took long strides around the corner down Maple Street, stopping under a rusty sign which had experienced too many weather changes. He leaned back onto the cement walls and rested his hands inside his jeans pockets before soaking his face in the sun again. He shouldn't have hurried; his hyungs were always late. He didn't mind much.

     Time was a concept made by people. It wasn't real for him, so it could neither be wasted or treasured. Time was never rushed. It would always stay consistent, just like the steady heartbeat of your pulse. Quite ironic, how the one boy with no care for puntuality ended up with the best time management. In the dorm room he shared with his bandmates, he was the last one to wake up and the first one ready to depart. All he needed was a white t-shirt and jeans. Styling himself was never Jeongguk's kind of thing.

    Rushed footsteps and loud laughter reached his ears. He pushed himself off the wall to greet the rowdy bunch.

   "Sorry for the delay. There was traffic and stuff," J-hope said and slung his arm around Jeongguk's neck. "I'm starving, let's go in!"

    The boys opened the door under the limp sign with a faded cow and entered their favorite restaraunt. Small, metal bells above the door announced their arrival.

    "Welcome!" an elderly woman came out of the kitchen. Her polite smile turned into a genuine one as she recognized the boys. "I wasn't expecting you today," she said and ushered the boys to a long, rectangular table behind a bamboo divider. The boys folded their legs and sat down on the scratchy pillows that subsituted chairs.

   "The usual please. And keep it coming!" Jin smiled a full smile at the old lady.

   "I think I could keep this restaraunt running even if you were my only customer, Jin. You eat for ten," she stated.

   Just as she was about to leave, Jin remembered and shouted after her, "oh, and there are two extra people coming!" A wave was the only acknowledgment he got. Soon delicious smells and the sizzling of pork belly fat being griled drifted over to the guys.

   "Who are the extra two people?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung grinned and filled him in on his day.

        ____________________________________________________________________________________

 

So um, how are you liking the new version? I mean, my opnion constantly changes, but as of the moment I am quite satisfied. Though I will probably reread this tomorrow and realize that I made a ton of mistakes and reused some word too often. *sigh*

i am really enjoying writing this right now. i hope whoever read this far might enjoy it too. I have really been into Bangtan airport fashion lately. I found such a great tumblr that finds all the clothes they wear on the internet.. too expensive for a little bug as myself. Oh! In that song, Contrail by MoonMoon, I really enjoyed that one line. It went something along the lines of "those boring little bugs called adults eat up my dreams"

You know which one I mean? I wonder what the actual translation is. I bet the korean meaning is so mcuh more than what I imagine right now. i mean, that is how it is often for me with bangtan songs; those are a bunch of geniuses XD

Good night, it's quite late here... <3