The Beginning of Summer starts with a Butterfly's Wingstroke

Mismatched Socks

          She was in a mint green tight long sleeved shirt which was tucked into her black skinny jeans. The outfit was held together with a circular belt, accentuating her slim waist. She was beautiful.

             "Annyeonghasseo" her voice came out timid, a contrast to the confidence Taehyung thought she was broadcasting. She bent her head and her brown, thick hair fell into her face, hiding her doe-like eyes from his view. He bent over his bandmate to see her clearer. She was facing a tall boy whose thick eyebrows were scrunched up in annoyance. A cool breeze passed through the small street and she shivered. The boy said something, and her stance became defensive. Taehyung's observation got interfered by a hand grasping his shoulder.

          "What caught your attention?" another pair of scrunched up eyebrows faced him. This time in brotherly worry though.

          "I was just watching their conversation over there," Taehyung gestured over at the two figures across the street. The other boy looked over and shook his head.

            "That conversation does not look like a pleasent one, does it?" he murmured. Taehyung nodded. Suga was the only one who also enjoyed people watching. He understood the thrill of imagining another's story through a fleeting face expression or body posture. Analyzing people based on one small impression. Taehyung loved the mystery behind it. One small scan had to capture as many details as posible. The belt on the girl's waist indicated that she styled herself up. She was here with a boy. So probably a date. Judging by the boy's annoyance and her defensive posture, they have been a couple for a few months by now. Enough time to get past the puppy love become aggrevated by the other's habits which once were endearing.

              "Do you think they are breaking up right now?" Taehyung asked. The two boys studied the muted conversation. The boy's expression darkened, as the girl's mouth rapidly moved. He made a move to grab her, but she shook him off.

            "I'm more curious as to why they are arguing. Do you think she caught him with another woman?" Suga replied.

Taehyung's head cocked to the side. "No, I think she is mad because he isn't spending enough time with her. She is saying 'you only focus on your job nowadays. Am I even important to you?'"

Just then the boy forcefully grabbed the girl's arm and shook her. She thrashed her body and clawed at his hand, but he wouldn't let go.

         "That isn't right," Suga said. Taehyung agreed, and the two crossed the street.

           "Please stop. Nothing you can say will change my mind," her voice was feather light. Taehyung could not detect the whininess he had been expecting of her.

           The boy growled in frusteration. "You can't lead me on and then just drop me when you feel like it. What do you take me for?" his grip tightened on her arm, and the girl winced.

          "A friend," she whispered.

           "Is everything alright?" Suga asked. The boy released her and glared.

          "Yes, everything is fine," he forced out of clenched teeth.

            "We weren't asking you," Taehyung said and gave the boy a hard look. The two didn't break eye contact for a bit, before the boy surrendered and averted his eyes.

         "I'm not your friend," he muttered towards the girl, and stalked off. With his departure, the girl sagged. Her shoulders dropped and her hair fell further into her face. She shivered as another small breeze swept by.

         "Thanks," she breathed out. A shrill sound overtoned her voice and Suga excused himself. His murmurung faded into the background, as he accepted the call.

          "Where's your jacket?" Taehyung asked.

          "I forgot to look at the weather report today and came unprepared for the cool breeze," she murmured. Her eyes were glued tot hte floor. Such a beautful girl. Where was her self confidence? Taehyung realized that he had completely misjudged her. That usually never happened. And just like that, he knew that this moment was not enough. He wanted to see her again.

           "Take mine then," Taehyung took his leather jacket off and passed it onto the girl.

      "That looks quite expensive. How could I take that from you?"

      "Then give it back to me when you don't need it," Taehyung said.

      "And how should I do that? Hiring a detective is expensive as hell."

  Taehyung laughed. Such colorful language was unexpected from such a timid girl. "You'll find a way," he said."Wear the jacket."

             The girl rolled her eyes before putting her arms through the holes of the leather jacket. The arm length was too big, and it engulfed her slim frame. She held the extra length dangling down her hand in front of her face with wrinkled eyebrows. It took a lot of self control for Taehyung not to laugh. He beckoned her closer and rolled up the sleeves.

           "Till next time then," he smiled his dashing smile down at her. Her eyes scrunched up at the corners as she reciprocated the smile.

          "I hope so," she said. She timidly turned around and walked away from him. He watched as she turned around every few steps, as if another glance would help her figure him out. The wind blew through the small street again and Taehyung felt his hair fly with it. He placed his hands into his dress pants and waved. The girl timidly took a hand out of his jacket pocket and waved back, before disappearing behind a corner. He couldn't wait to see her again.

                                                                                                   * * * * * *
         The girl with Taehyung's leather jacket sighed as she turned the corner. Looking around cautiously she pulled a corner of the jacket up to her nose to sniff the cool leather.
 "Yep, this is expensive," she mutters to herself, ignoring the butterflies in her stomach. He was a real gentleman. The further away she walked, the more she had to remember her argument with the boy. It had started out innocent enough. She had been the new girl, and he had been so welcoming. She thought she had found a friend. But all those coffee dates had been real dates in his eyes. And soon enough he wasn't satisfied with meeting up. He wanted to become a real couple. But she wasn't looking for anybody. A horrible misunderstanding. But what irked her was that he believed it was his right to make her his. That he deserved it and she owed him. She sighed. Good guys were hard to come by nowadays. Her phone started vibrating in her pocket, and she smiled to herself.

            "Ya! Where are you at? You done meeting airhead?" a loud, curious voice spoke into her ear. She laughed into the phone, already feeling lighter.

           "Shelly, you were right. He thought we were dating... Where are you? Have you eaten already?"

           "I'm still at the apartment, but I can meet you where ever," Shelly answered. The girl thought for a bit.

            "You up for street food or rather something sweet at a cafe?"

            "Street food."
             The girl smiled to herself. This is why they were friends. They didn't need the flash of money to be happy.

            "Then street food it is," she said, before hanging up. Both knew exactly where they meant with that.
                                                                                                    * * * * * *
          "He gave you his jacket?" Shelly asked, slamming her chopsticks down onto the wooden table, which absorbed the impact with a dull thud. "He gave you that leather jacket which is expensive as hell, told you to return it somehow, and you are unsure if he was making a move on you? What is wrong with you?"

             The girl sighed. "You always assume every boy who so much as looks at me has a crush on me. Excuse me for being a bit skeptical."

            "Skeptical? Marie, you are being blind!" Shelly exclaimed. "How can you not see that boy's intentions?" The two girls rolled their eyes at each other before focusing on the bibimbap in front of them.

           "His intentions don't matter anyway," Marie muttered. Her friend sighed and brushed her blonde hair to the side.

            "You'll have to commit some day."

               "Yeah, sure. Whatever," Marie stuffed a giant spoon into to avoid talking.

              "You can't keep doing this, Marie! You cannot avoid every boy who shows some slight interest in you. Just try it out. Experience it, instead of being afraid of it. You are scolding the milk for spilling even though it hasn't even spilled yet."

       Marie sighed and nodded. "You're right. I know you are. It's just..."

          "I know," Shelly said. The two ate on in silence, both lost in their own thoughts.

          "How are you going to return the jacket to him?"

           "My guess is that he left his phone number in the jacket pockets or something," Marie replied. Shelly waited as Marie placed her spoon on the folded, white napkin and turned around to fumble around in the jacket pockets. She retrieved her hands and displayed them face up towards her friend. Nothing.

            "Then does he really expect you to hire a detective?" Shelly asked.

            "Yeah, not happening. I don't have the money for that," Marie said and tossed the jacket onto the seat beside her. Both girls looked at the jacket with minds turning, trying to find a solution. Marie's eyes swept over the fine sewing between the lines of the sleeves. The sewing trailed down to the zipper and ended at the washing tag, which was poking out the corner.
            "Shelly, look!" she exclaimed, pulling the jacket inside out to better see the tag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello! I changed how the two met, because I've decided to rearrange the story a bit. You'll see soon enough. I don't know if this is good though. I'll leave it like this for now, and maybe change it again. I mean, editing is always good, right? hehehehe

Bts made it to the billiards! I am so proud and happy and ARMY is amazing!  hope they have an amazing time then. Will they perform as well? I can't even begin to imagine it. Kpop, something noone knew a few years ago, is now becoming global! I am amazed. Bts keeps proving me wrong. Dreams are worth following. You have to be brave enough to support yourself though. Honestly, each and every member is inspiring. Sometimes I even begin to believe in myself again.