Jade

In the Tearoom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The subdued gleam of pale jade amongst the other cheap-looking trinkets caught her eye. Sensing another person behind her, she quickly reached out and grabbed the elegantly understated ring. And just in time too -another pale firm hand was also leaning in for it.

After giving the gem a quick onceover for possible markings and scars and finding none, she looked up, midnight eyes gleaming in triumph. And starred.

He was beautiful. Thick straight eyebrows accompanied by long eyelashes belied a straight nose and a chiselled jaw. His lips were blood red and unfairly so -how many woman would kill for that shade? Hair gently mussed, as if he had just gotten out of bed, he was honestly the most alluring man she had ever seen. And frankly, she had seen her fair share of aesthetically pleasing men. His deep brown eyes were welling up with crystalline tears - he looked as if she had just ran over his puppy, with a lone tear rolling down his alabaster cheek.

“Are you crying?” she asked, honestly taken aback. Was he a jewellery collector and had she had just stolen his pay check of the day? Sure, the ring was pretty and all but she didn’t think it was that old. Probably not even real jade, she thought, seeing she found the band in a random stall by the road. Generally, treasures and antiques were found in tiny mystical looking pawn shops and in auctions where the gouty rich spat and bid over little trinkets that only served as a bragging device in their next soiree.

He didn’t answer her, eyes still fixed on the ring in her hand. She waved her hand in front of his face bewilderedly. Great, the most gorgeous man I see and he is a weirdo. The wave of her hand shook him out of his stupor and he blinked furiously. Wiping his eyes, he stared at the darkening stain on his sleeve perplexed, unsure as to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter