Four

The Heart Menders Presents: Chasing you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You just can’t be the one to get away
I gotta have you
If only I could fly to you
I swear I’d never ever let you go

 

It’s been weeks of continues work and hardships and finally a month full of success, Kim Jongin as a good boss to his colleagues and staffs decided to have a celebration. It will be a simple celebration, just to drink and enjoy for themselves. Jongin will catch up to join them since he was in abroad together with Sehun for their photo shoot.

 

“Elle,” he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. She smile, her heart fluttering at his voice as she clasps her hands on either side of his face. Never before has her name felt so wonderful to hear because of his soothing, deep voice. He promised Elle that he will be back in time, kissing her goodbye on the forehead.

She knew better.

That is all they have in a fake relationship. He was a Heart Mender and they both understood that her heart belongs to someone else. Jongin completely understands her feelings for Bang Yongguk. He was not selfish and he knew that he had developed feelings for her, but he respected Elle with all his heart. He respected her feelings for Yongguk and he was there for her, to help her as a Heart Mender. He knows well his boundaries.

 

 

 

They grew fond of each other.

Elle and Jongin are like mirrors of one another in so many ways. Ever since he decided to work by mending her heart. He was like a brother and a best friend rolled into one. Yet in truth, they are also like ual soul mates with innate connection. Jongin was the one that could reach inside of her with such an ease, her with passion in extinguishing storms. Just by knowing him, she discovered her true self, gaining strength and confidence that she needs, to let her true colors shine so brightly. She was forever grateful to him.

 

---

 

 

Elle already met all the Heart Menders and Dr. Lee to guide her more and Jongin. And she is slowly accepting the fact that her feelings for Yonngguk is like no any other. Love is truly expressed in various forms that no one could ever easily understands, unless they are the one who feels that kind of love - loving in their own way. 

Love is the only way out for Elle, like it is some kind of an open door to unlimited possibilities. Elle is not sure if she is going to try it his way for a while; she cannot keep on repeating the same foolishness and expecting a different result from Yongguk.

 

“I now fully understand that letting go does not mean I did not love him, it just means I love him so much that I want him to be happy. As for myself, I want to focus on me and be happy as well, without him...” Elle spoke softly and smiled. Her soft lips stretched into a smile. Dr. Lee nodded with bright eyes as he spoke back gently to her. It was Dr. Lee’s task to communicate about her and to know what she was feeling after all the circumstances.

Dr. Lee rests his hands above the table, clasping it together in a professional way. “That’s right, it’s much better to focus on yourself, your goals and future plans. Rebuild your life. Start anew. The right person will eventually find their way to you. Just stay positive and be happy always. Acceptance is a great manifestation of love, Ms. Elle.” Elle smiled genuinely. She liked Dr. Lee, his manner and his run down office. He must have some sort of calling to be there, to be a doctor - a psychiatrist.

It's also funny, he had resemblance with Kim Jongin. They look like twins.

 

 

 

The music was so loud that it made Elle skin tingle and her lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with her heart beat as though they were one, filling her from head to toe with music. Her colleagues were kept on singing together as if they were at a karaoke bar. She was not interested at all to join them.

Elle was just sitting at the table alone as she decided to drink a little, not to get drunk while waiting for Jongin to come. The song that was playing got loud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter