Dreaming

YooSu Oneshot Universe

Title: Dreaming 
Author: [info]kyouya3 /kyouya-sama 
Length: Oneshot 
Pairing: YooSu 
Rating: PG-13 
Genre: Angst, Romance, Drama 
Summary: Junsu's dream was crushed in front of him; he couldn't do anything to protect his dream. Devastated, that was when a savior came and saved him.  


Dreaming

The light was finally turned off as he could feel hard pressure beneath him. He closed his eyes as he prayed everything would go just fine. He was trembling and shaking in the deepest part of his heart. Never in his life had he felt like this.

The words and sentences were still replaying inside his mind. They echoed like wanting to eat him alive. He wanted them to stop; please anyone made it stop.

“In 10 seconds!” one of the staff shouted as he opened his eyes again and he could feel tears almost flooded. He mustn’t cry! He’s a big boy now; he’s twenty one for God’s sake.

“Ready!” the director shouted his final warning as the music started. In steady pace, the ground he stood on went up to the stage. Colorful composition of spot lights and stage-made fog made his appearance more breath-taking.

“Kyaaaaa!” his fan cheered as they saw their idol. He was wearing dark blue tuxedos and his look certainly would kill any woman. He definitely looked gorgeous.

Still silently shaking, he walked towards the audience. That was when he felt terror attacked him. He couldn’t hear the music that played in the background. He was devastated.

Trying to calm himself, he took a deep breath as he started to count. He should start singing when he counted five. He did this once in his rehearsal; when the symptoms killed his hearing.


“I저 멀리 희미해지는 나의 꿈을 바라보며 
I was looking at my dream that is being deemed far away,
멍하니 서있었죠 
And I was standing blankly.
더 이상 남은 게 없어 
I don't have anything left any more
모두 포기할까 했었지만 
I thought about giving up everything, but….
다시 일어나요 
I am standing up again."

He realized the reaction he got; he missed the beat and the note. He screwed up; he didn’t have any hope after all. 

[FLASHBACK]

“What?! You’re kidding, right?! This can’t be happening to me, Yoochun ah!” he stood up from his seat; wanting to do something, maybe punching the white-coated doctor in front of him would do. It might be a good idea since no one in the patient room beside the two of them.

“I’m sorry, Junsu ah,” Yoochun felt he wanted to kill himself; he knew he just crushed Junsu’s dream with the news,” I’ve double check everything. You definitely have tinnitus (buzz sound in the ears).”

 
“NO! It can’t be! You know what this means, Yoochun ah! I’m a singer and no way will I let myself be a deaf singer!” Junsu stormed Yoochun’s coat as he felt tears flooded from his eyes; his dream to be a singer was crushed in front of him.” Please Chunnie…You’re my best friend since we were wearing diapers…Please help me…Please…”
 
“Junsu ah, listen,” Yoochun tried to calm down the crying innocent angel he adored,” This doesn’t mean you’ll be deaf. As long as you watch your eating habits and take your meds, you’ll be okay…”
 
“But…what if…what if it happens on the stage?” Junsu asked with hoarse voice as he broke down completely,” Everything will end, Chunnie ah…”
 
Yoochun embraced Junsu with all his warmness that he could give. He was angry at himself; he couldn’t protect Junsu. He couldn’t stop Junsu’s tears and pain. He felt like a trash.
 
[END OF FLASHBACK]
 
His voice was breaking up; he couldn’t recognize it anymore. With his broken heart and voiceless melody, he sang the chorus part.
 
“한 걸음 한 걸음 오늘도 
Even today step by step,
조심스럽게 내디뎌요 
I step forward carefully
가슴 가득히 두려움과 
My heart is full of fears
설레임을 안은 채 
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
비틀거리고 흔들려도 
I am staggering and shaking
난 또 한 걸음을 내디뎌요 
But, I step forward towards… 
언젠가 만날 내 꿈을 향해 
the dream that I am going to meet some day.”

 
He stopped; he couldn’t pretend to sing well anymore. Choking his own tears, he knew he was done. His dream to be a singer had ended.
 
Glancing at his wondering and worried fan, he spotted a figure he knew so well. That figure was pointing his left arm up and up again. Junsu knew the signal.

[FLASHBACK]
 
“I lost my hearing at rehearsal yesterday…” Junsu finally confessed at one of his therapy sessions.
 
“Are you OK? You’re not hurt, right?” Yoochun was shocked to hear the news.
 
“I’m fine, I guess. I was just a little shocked and scared,” Junsu answered; eyes still looking on the ground beneath the metal table in front of him.
 
“Su…” Yoochun called the name as he caressed Junsu’s hair; telling him everything would be fine.
 
“But…I’m so scared it would occur on the stage…” Junsu’s tears crawled to his cheek as he continued breaking down,” You know I’ll have my first live performance next week, what if…what if…”
 
“Shhh…It’s okay,” Yoochun got up from his seat and headed to Junsu’s, which on the opposite side of the table,” I won’t let you mess up, don’t worry.”
 
“Chunnie…” Junsu let Yoochun hugged him; he couldn’t help but to wet Yoochun’s white coat like in his usual session.
 
“Remember, Junsu ah,” Yoochun comforted Junsu’s back as he continued to whisper,” If I put my left arm up, you are behind the beat. If I put my right arm up, you’re too fast. If I clap my hand, you’re in the right beat…”
 
[END OF FLASHBACK]
 
Wiping his tears, he tried to look clearly at the signal again. He was way behind the music. Trying to adjust with it, he started singing again; eyes still eyeing Yoochun’s signal.
 
“이대로 끝나는 건 아닐지 
As I’m thinking if it’s going to end like this, 
두려움이 날 자꾸만 
A fear constantly comes.
망설이게 하지만 
I’m hesitating but….
가슴 속 깊은 곳에서 
Deep inside my heart,
멈추지 않는 울림이 날
There’s an unstoppable beating.
앞으로 이끌죠 
that drags me forward.”

 
Yoochun smiled at him as Junsu felt in case; he could do this. He knew he could finish the song. Taking a deep breath, he sang the next melodies perfectly. 
 
Everything was just like Junsu, Yoochun thought. He knew Junsu had work so hard writing this song despite his sickness. The melody, the chorus, the note, the beat, the harmony was created by his beautiful angel.
 
“한 걸음 한 걸음 오늘도 
Even today step by step,
조심스럽게 내디뎌요 
I step forward carefully
가슴 가득히 두려움과 
My heart is full of fears
설레임을 안은 채 
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
비틀거리고 흔들려도 
I am staggering and shaking
난 또 한 걸음을 내디뎌요 
But, I step forward towards… 
언젠가 만날 내 꿈을 향해 
the dream that I am going to meet some day.”

 
The fans cheered as the singer reached the last part of the song. As they listened to the song, they could imagine their own dream. The song moved their heart content to infinite. It’s a song that penetrated you with enthusiasm of cashing the dream that seemed impossible to others, but you believed you could meet it someday.
 
“한 걸음 한 걸음 오늘도 
Even today step by step,
조심스럽게 내디뎌요 
I step forward carefully
가슴 가득히 두려움과 
My heart is full of fears
설레임을 안은 채 
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
비틀거리고 흔들려도 
I am staggering and shaking
난 또 한 걸음을 내디뎌요 
But, I step forward towards… 
언젠가 만날 내 꿈을 향해 
the dream that I am going to meet some day.”

Junsu was smiling so brightly. Like he forgot about his heart ache and his pain; he wasn’t crying anymore. Yoochun kept clapping his hand as he let Junsu finished the song in a perfect beat.
 
“언젠간 만날 내 꿈을 향해
Towards the dream that I am going to meet some day.”

 
The crowd clapped as Junsu bowed. He felt glad that he could finish his performance well; it was all thank to his best friend. No, Yoochun wasn’t his best friend anymore; he was his savior.
 
Lights on the stage dimmed off as Junsu got back to the backstage. Somehow, Yoochun was there, waiting for him.
 
“Chunnie!” Junsu jumped to the man,” Thank you so much! You saved me!”

“I told you I wouldn’t let you messed up, right?” Yoochun pinched Junsu’s cheek as they laughed together. Both of them tried to find a room to chat in a hectic backstage and they arrived at an empty changing room.
 
“So, can I have my reward now?” Yoochun asked as Junsu looked with questioning eyes. Before he could blink, Junsu felt Yoochun’s wet and moist lips on his. It felt so strange when it touched his; like he was dreaming. 
 
“Su?” Yoochun called the name; Junsu’s face made he thought his angel’s soul had gotten somewhere.
 
“Ehh?” Junsu gasped,” EHHHHHHHH?!!”
 
“Shhh! They’re having another performer on the stage, Junsu ah!” Yoochun reminded.
 
“So…sorry,” Junsu spoke as he used both his hands to cover his mouth. It was indeed so cute, Yoochun had to admit.
 
“So, am I accepted?” Yoochun asked as Junsu shyly nodded his head.
 
“Yey! I love you so much, Junsu ah!” Yoochun confessed in helpless romantic voice; Junsu never knew there was such a cute side of his childhood friend;” You don’t have any idea how scared I was that you would reject me.”
 
“Why would I? I mean…I kinda…feel the same,” Junsu blushed.
 
“Tell me you love me, Junsu ah,” Yoochun teased.
 
“I…I lov---I love…” Junsu couldn’t speak the word. Smiling at such a cute confession, Yoochun kissed Junsu’s forehead as the other man felt like he was dreaming again. Indeed, Park Yoochun made Kim Junsu dreamt such a wondrous dream. And of course, Junsu didn’t mind to dream for eternity with his Yoochun.

 
-THE END-