We're in this together

Limitless: RE:Gen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohee awoke to a loud buzzing sound, she rolled from her bed, sleepily tapping her alarm clock trying to shut off the awful sound. The sound continued to ring, giving her an painful headache.

She looked at the alarm clock that was neatly placed on her bedside table, groaning at what time it was, Sohee swung her legs on the bed and got up.

“Its 6am, why is that alarm still buzzing!” She groaned, getting up from bed and placing her nightgown on. It wasn’t until it clicked that today was the day Sohee was going to get tested for the clinical trails. She walked over to her desk and read a sheet of paper that her nurse gave her on the day she arrived. She read the content which told her where she was supposed to go and what time her scheduled appointment was. Someone at the end of her page caught her eye, which probably wouldn’t of annoyed her if it wasn’t 6am.

“I’m supposed to go to the trails in my pyjamas? Is this a joke” She squealed, looking at her pyjamas she had noticed that her outfit of choice wasn’t really age appropriate. Her pyjamas had pink spots  decorated around the fabric, with a big pig head on front with a caption that truly was childish.

She gathered her courage and began walking to her appointed room, in which Chen was also waiting at.

He stared at her outfit letting out a small giggle, “Bite me? Isn’t that a bit childish for a girl of your age?” Chen laughed, pointing at the massive Dalmatian stationed on her torso.

“Why don’t you shut the up Chen? It’s far too early to hear your whiny voice” She growled, giving him a dirty look.

“Well, someone certainly got up on the wrong side of the bed? Which side was it left or right?” He snorted, playfully poking her arm.

Sohee simply couldn’t cope with Chen at this ungodly hour, she flipped him off and sat down on a chair that was in the room she was appointed. Slowly people started pouring in, sitting on the chairs provided.

After waiting for god knows how long, the nurse finally came. She was a petite woman, with pale grey hair. The woman took a seat beside the desk, pulling out sheets of paper from her leather briefcase.

“My name is Mrs Kwon, I will be your nurse today. Any questions ask at the end of the lesson” She spoke sternly.

“Today I’m going to be going through what exactly the drug we will be giving you and the side effects” She read from the sheet of paper in front of her. Carefully not missing a word.

The lady scared Sohee, but what scared her more was sitting in the same room as Chen for more than 10 minutes. He would sometimes kick her, earning a groan in response. Sohee knew it was fun and games but the boy didn’t understand that early mornings wasn’t exactly her favourite time of day.

“The drug named RE:Gen, will be given. One injection per person and then a follow up tablet after 24 hours. The drug will be able to cure whatever illness you had noted on your application.” She paused for a moment, looking around the room, “The drug has numerous side effects, such as vomiting; palpations. The rest will be noted on the sheet given at the end of the talk”

None of this bothered Sohee, she just wanted her eyesight perfect. She wanted her eye to be back to the way it was, maybe provide her closure from the horrible nightmare of when it happened. She shook her head, removing the memory from her mind. In which Chen noticed her eyes b with tears. He gave her a gentle squeeze of her shoulder before continuing paying attention to Mrs Kwon.

The talk continued for an hour, which was completely useless in Sohee’s eyes. The talk did give useful information, which was already provided on the leaflets given when the test subjects were confirmed. The next couple of hours Sohee and her team members were given a series of tests such as weight which was going to be monitored throughout the programme up until the injection. Her height and blood type was also tested along with her other eyesight. After the tests Sohee was given a diary full of helpful advice to get her prepared for the injection which was going to commence in a couple of weeks.

Sohee walked to the home room in which Yuna was waiting, along with a boy Sohee hadn’t seen before.

Yuna met Sohee’s gaze, “Ah this is Sehun, he has the same disability as me!” Yuna chirped before throwing Sehun a smile. The boy pushed himself of the sofa, his blonde hair catching Sohee’s eyes. Sehun had a slim frame, that thin that he looked like he was about to snap, but Sohee couldn’t deny that the boy was certainly handsome.

“I’d shake your hand, but as you can see my good hand has gone missing!” He giggled, lifting his stump up. “I normally wear an artificial arm, but I didn’t see a point. I was going to be in a facility with people the same as me”

Sohee simply nodded, he did make a point. See Sohee used to wear an eyepatch, to protect her eye from dust and other grubby things in the air. But since coming to the facility she had seen no point whatsoever. Everyone was just like her after all.

“Nice to meet you Sehun, I’m Sohee. I wish I could see you a bit bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter