Already Gone

Long Way Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon heaved as he clutched the edge of the toilet, his head held over the bowl as he threw up the bile in his stomach. Ravi was on the sofa, keeping his distance as Taekwoon had told him he wanted to be left alone. He didn't want to embarrass himself. The morning after he and the younger man had made love, when they were eating their bowls of cereal in bed, it occured to him that what he had done, what he had been feeling had been unbelievably selfish. So, he decided to revert back to being distant. It was easier. 

He had been to the hospital again for a check-up and the prognosis wasn't good; not good at all. He really was running out of time. His spine was beginning to cause him more trouble and he found his hearing would sometimes cut out. Among many other things that just pissed him off more than anything. 

He spent his days with Ravi and the others, doing the stupid activities they had decided to make him do: the beach, the theme park (which he did enjoy because they had all found out Hakyeon had absolutely no tolerance for anything remotely scary), the salon to get his hair re-dyed because Hongbin had insisted he needed to at least feel its soft texture one last time; he had even gone back to his old apartment where Jaehwan and Sanghyuk still lived. It was still messy and still seemed tiny considering it had six rooms. He had to admit he did get a little teary when he found that his bedroom (a junk room before he had moved in) was in almost the same state as he left it in. Jaehwan had apparently refused to touch it on the off-chance Taekwoon would come back. 

Nights were spent alone, sat in his chair and writing. He was determined to finish one last piece before he died. He would start early evening and continue right through to one or two o'clock in the morning. It was easy. There was only ever one thing, or one person on his mind. Strange, he thought, he had never really had a muse before. 

When he felt he had shifted all he could, he leant back and flushed the toilet, glaring at the vomit swirling down the pipe. 

"Can I come in now?" Taekwoon heard Ravi's deep, raspy voice and froze for a moment. The rapper's voice had been getting weaker and weaker day by day and both knew he would have to have his surgery soon. Niether of them had mentioned it outloud though. Ravi seemed conflicted over whether he wanted to go through with his original plan. It seemed he was starting to question whether his life was really worth ending. Or, that's what Taekwoon thought. 

He got up and went to the door, almost bumping into Ravi as the younger man stood outside leaning on the doorframe. "Hey, are you alright?" 

"I've just thrown up everything I've eaten today, my face is slightly numb and my vision is beginning to double..." Taekwoon groaned "Yeah, I'm feeling great."  Ravi tutted and bent down, scooping the elder up into his arms with little effort and carrying him over to the bed, laying him down. "Stay," he mumbled before going off and coming back with a glass of water. Taekwoon rolled his eyes, covering his face with his hand "It'll pass, Ravi."

"Drink- for me."

The rapper didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter