Truth or Dare

Long Way Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A 'boys night in'? Tonight?"

Taekwoon nodded, clasping his hands together under his chin as he balanced his elbows on the table. He had been out of hospital for a few days now and niether he nor Ravi had forgotten their usual routine of lazing around his apartment, talking; realising they had to eat lunch far too late in the afternoon. Of course, Ravi had been much more cautious with him, insisting upon doing even the most simple of tasks for him. Every time the writer announced he was so much going to the bathroom, it was followed closely with the phrase 'call me if you need anything.' It was starting to become casual- but never insincere.

The other man took a bite out of his sandwich and chewed slowly. "Have you ever even had a guys night?"

"Of course I have," Taekwoon frowned, tracing the dents on the wooden surface with his finger. "Me, Jaehwan and Sanghyuk used to have them all the time. We used to rent a movie and spend the night on the sofa." The corners of Ravi's lips quirked upwards and he had to bite his tongue to keep from releasing a loud snort of laughter. "Really?" He smirked. Taekwoon nodded, moving his position so his cheek was now resting against the back of his hand, elbows still planted firmly on the table. "Sounds more like a girls slumber party than a guys night," the younger man chuckled, reaching over and pinching the writer's nose teasingly.

Taekwoon pushed him away. "Well, what do you do on a guys night then, Mr Bigshot?" 

"Actual guy stuff," Ravi grinned, shrugging his shoulders and leaning back in his chair "Drinking games, that sort of thing. I mean," he linked his fingers behind his head "We can sit and braid each other's hair and play dress up, if you want..." That earned him a nearby book thrown in his face, which he simply caught, flicking through the pages "But I just thought you would rather experience a true guys night in."

Taekwoon snorted and got to his feet, picking up their plates and carrying them to the sink "Drinking games are going to be quite boring with just the two of us playing," he told him "Or is that another part of your definition of a guys night?"

Ravi dipped his head, feeling his cheeks heat up slightly. "Uh, well-"

"Of course we can invite Jaehwan and Sanghyuk too, can't we?" Taekwoon was back in front of him with large eyes, crouching down beside him. He tilted his head and flashed a small smile "That would be okay, right?" Ravi looked at him with a small sigh and reached forward, running a hand over the writer's soft golden hair. Although having others around wasn't really his original plan to simply spend more time with his friend, he couldn't say no to Taekwoon. "Sure," he smiled, swallowing his disappointment. Luckily, he had grown to like the pair so having them round at least wouldn't be a chore. Plus, it wasn't like he could stop Taekwoon inviting people to his own apartment. 

The writer's smile widened and he jumped to his feet "I've never had them over here before, you know. God, I better clean up  or else they'll think I'm some kind of chaotic hermit."

"You are a chaotic hermit," Ravi rolled his eyes before scraping his chair back and putting the book Taekwoon had launched at him back where the writer had got it from: in the fruitbowl. "Shut up and help me," the elder man huffed as he got to his knees beside the bed with an armful of clothes, attempting to cram them into the already full drawer. 

 

**********************************

 

"Ya! We're here, so open up!"

Taekwoon couldn't help but laugh lightly when he heard Jaehwan's voice echo from the other side of the door. He unlatched it and, within miliseconds, his friend stormed into the room, waving his arms frantically while looking for the Ravi. He found him in the kitchen area where the rapper had been watching Taekwoon prepare the snacks for their guests. Well, prepare was a strong word- tipping things out of their packets and into bowls. It was mostly candy as Ravi had lately discovered the writer had a sweet tooth.  

"Will you slow down?" Sanghyuk groaned as he shuffled in behind, handing Taekwoon a pack of six beers before following their friend into the kitchen, where he seemed to have cornered the rapper, scrambled greetings and questions tumbling from his mouth. "Hey, Ravi hyung," he greeted, giving a small wave before turning to Jaehwan "Calm dowm, we're here all night, remember?"

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter