Surprise

Voice

"You're here very early young man!" The school security guard greeted Kyungsoo."It's only 6am. You're usually here at 6:45."

"Yeah, sir, I just woke up too early today so..." He answered, his hands holding the hanging straps of his bag hung over his narrow shoulders.

"Excited for something today?" He gave Kyungsoo a cheeky smile.

"No sir, I just really woke up too early..." It must be Kyungsoo's glare that the security guard's expression became startled and a bit scared.

"You're scaring him." A familiar voice came from behind Kyungsoo. He immediately looked back and gave him the same glare.

"Give me back my phone." Kyungsoo said with his usual low voice.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Yoongi laughed. Obviously, he's amused at how grumpy Kyungsoo looks in the morning. "I bet you always wake up on the wrong side. hahahaha" The sound of laughter doubled as the security guard laughed with Yoongi. But Kyungsoo was just quiet and gave no reaction at all.

"You're no fun, Do Kyungsoo." Yoongi remarked while his laughter faded. He took out something from his pocket and handed it to Kyungsoo.

"Why did you have to say unnecessary things when you can just hand me my phone?" He grabbed his phone from Yoongi and took a few steps away from him. Yoongi finally understood. Kyungsoo is seriously not in a good mood today. He immediately slipped his phone inside his pocket without even checking if it's really his. The thing is Yoongi couldn't last long in silence that's why he's friends with the noisiest bunch in class. So, without going nearer to Kyungsoo, he explained, "Didn't you find it amazing that I got here as early as you did? I predicted that you need your phone already since someone's been trying to contact you since last night."

"What?" Kyungsoo didn't really bother to check when he got his phone so when Yoongi said someone's been calling him, he fumbled to check his phone immediately. As he unlocked the screen, there were 5 missed calls and 10 new messages. "Aiishhh..." After reading the messages, Kyungsoo called him back.

"Hello?" Kyungsoo greeted first.

"SOO!!! Are you okay?" The man on the other line asked in panic.

"Hyung! I'm sorry. I lost my phone last night so... I'll send you my audition piece within the week I promise."

"It's alright, Soo. You don't have to worry. There's always a next time..."

"No, Hyung. I'll make it this week. I can't let this one slide again."

"If you say so... Just don't stress yourself too much okay?"

"Yes hyung. Thanks!" Kyungsoo dropped the call. His phone says it's Friday. He placed his hand on his chest again. "Ah!" 

"Hey! Are you alright?" Yoongi immediately ran towards Kyungsoo and laid his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. The way Kyungsoo shrank in pain made him really worried. "Kyu-"

"I'm okay." Kyungsoo said as he brushed Yoongi's arm off his shoulders. It wasn't too harsh but enough for Yoongi to get the message. Stay away. Kyungsoo walked towards the gate and asked the security guard if he can open it already. His glare was enough for the kind security guard to open the gate. 

"Head straight to the clinic, lad. The nurse will be there before the bell rings." He said but only saw Kyungsoo wave his hand as a response. Yoongi followed him inside the campus.

---

Kyungsoo sat down on one of the front row seats of the class, where the smart and quiet ones are, where Yoongi could see him clearly from the back. He seemed to have recovered already so Yoongi didn't dare to talk to him anymore.

---

Kyungsoo was in his usual spot in the cafeteria having a peaceful meal. He was listening to the Friday Radio Broadcast in their school where the current DJ was Park Jinyoung. That was Kim Johan's I Want To Fall In Love. Beautiful, isn't it? Have you ever thought how perfect your life seems right now but you don't feel really happy about it? Well, maybe it isn't perfect after all, for you at least. There must be something you've been wanting to do but you aren't capable of doing yet. Kyungsoo sighed at Jinyoung's words. He contemplated a bit, evident when he slowed down in chewing his food. Speaking of something you want to do, someone requested me to play a new song on our radio. This person left a CD and that's all. Anyway, I reviewed the song and it sounds really good. There is absolutely no harm in sharing this to all of you. Here's an untitled song from our anonymous requester. 

The intro music was really captivating. The song is mellow. Kyungsoo liked it. He can really trust Jinyoung's judgement when it comes to songs. But then... when the first two lines of the song aired, Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he stopped chewing his food. What? Isn't that my song? Isn't that me singing??? He immediately took a tray and put all his eating utensils and ran to the kitchen area. He bowed to whoever was in that kitchen after leaving the tray and ran. He went up to where their mini radio station is but the song already ended. That was a very short song. I guess it's not yet finished. To whoever sang this song, you did a very good job. Jinyoung's voice echoed all over the campus, and so did Kyungsoo's song a few seconds ago. He breathed in deeply and waited for Jinyoung to wrap-up his program. That's it. Enjoy the rest of our Friday and have fun during the weekend! And that was Kyungsoo's signal to knock on Jinyoung's door.

---

Kyungsoo didn't get any answer from Jinyoung on who sent the CD but Jinyoung gave him the CD so he's good. At least, he got his song back - his song which was totally raw yesterday, with its two stanzas, a refrain and a chorus; his song which he recorded without any background music because he was supposed to do it with his friend last night but... Now he remembered. He only had one copy of his song and it was only in his phone and his phone was with Min Yoon Gi last night! He went through my phone! Damn it!

---

Kyungsoo planned to talk to Yoongi after class but Yoongi went to him first as soon as he entered the classroom. 

"Did you like it?" Yoongi asked as he blocked Kyungsoo's way to his seat. Yoongi's friends weren't around at the moment so Kyungsoo perceived this as Yoongi's escape from boredom. Instead of answering, Kyungsoo only glared at him and walked past him. "You didn't like it?" Yoongi followed him to his seat. When he did not get any response, he took the nearest chair and sat beside him. "Ya! I worked overnight for that and didn't even sleep anymore. I was so sleepy during our class this morning." Yoongi yawned.

"You normally sleep in class. Don't blame me for that." Kyungsoo remarked as he kept himself busy arranging his already arranged notebooks and other school stuff. 

"So you didn't like it..." Yoongi looked sad. Kyungsoo noticed the sudden change in his mood.

"Don't pull that act on me, Min Yoon Gi. You went through my phone again and even processed one of my songs! I was supposed to do it with my friend for my audition!" Kyungsoo gave up pretending to be busy and looked at Yoongi who still had his head bent in disappointment. "and the worst part is... I do not know now how I'll tell my friend that..." Kyungsoo contemplated first whether he should say it or not. "that I actu..." 

"Ack! Hey! That hurt you !" Yoongi shouted while rubbing his nape. His friend threw him the yogurt drink he requested them to buy for him and it landed on his neck and fell on the floor. He picked it up and went back to his seat. He did not even bother to return the chair he sat on to where it was before. Kyungsoo was confused if Yoongi was disappointed, upset or mad. He made a mental note to talk to him after class.

---

Kyungsoo's plan was to wait for Yoongi outside the gate. So he went out as soon as the bell rang. However, he was surprised that his friend met him outside his school. He was wearing his school uniform from another school.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing here?"

"I came to pick you up! You said you got your phone back so let's work on that song tonight."

"Oh.. about that..." Kyungsoo could feel his heart shatter into pieces, broken for his friend. They planned this a long time ago. Kyungsoo would write the song, Chanyeol would put the music and life to it. They would audition together, reach their dreams together. "The song..." Kyungsoo stopped talking when he was bumped by a bunch of guys coming out from the gate. But he didn't mind scolding them as his sight focused on Min Yoon Gi who was with them. "Wait for me, okay?" Kyungsoo gestured for Chanyeol to wait and he ran towards Yoongi.

"Min Yoon Gi! Hey, wait up!" As soon as Kyungsoo neared Yoongi, he grabbed his wrist for him to stop.

"What's up, Do Kyungsoo?" Yoongi glared at him. He shouldn't be surprised that Yoongi did that. .But he just didn't expect he'd do that to him at that time when he thought Yoongi is being friendly. Maybe he's wrong.

"Oh.. Our convesation in class got interrupted so..." Kyungsoo looked at Yoongi's friends and Yoongi took this as a signal to ask them to go ahead. As soon as they walked away, Kyungsoo continued, "About the song..."

"Right. I bet you took the CD from Jinyoung. Hand it to me now." Yoongi stretched his hand towards Kyungsoo asking for the CD to be placed on his palm.

"What?" Kyungsoo's confused. "That's my song. I should get to keep it."

"I completed your song. Just hand me the CD."

"If you want a copy, you probably have it on your laptop."

"Still! What if you use that CD for your audition?" Yoongi gave Kyungsoo an accusing look, like he's a thief.

"I won't!" Kyungsoo raised his voice which alarmed Chanyeol. The taller guy walked towards them.

"Are you guys fighting?" Chanyeol asked.

"Tss..." Yoongi hissed. "He even came to pick you up. You're such a baby. Everybody needs to take care of you." Yoongi put down his stretched hand and slid both of his hands in his pocket.

"You're being too personal right now Yoongi. What the hell?" Kyungsoo's annoyed and offended.

"Go ask your friend to finish your song for you." Yoongi nodded his head to where Chanyeol was. 

"Actually, he doesn't need to ask me-- woah!" Chanyeol was surprised when Kyungsoo threw a cased CD that landed in front of Yoongi's feet.

"I AM NOT GOING TO STEAL YOUR WORK. I JUST WANT MY SONG SAFE WITH ME BUT IF YOU WANT IT THAT BAD, GET YOUR ING CD. AND IF YOU'RE THAT CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR WORK GETTING STOLEN, DELETE MY SONG FROM YOUR LAPTOP, TOO." And with that, Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol's wrist and they walked away from Yoongi.