You + Me - Loneliness = Happy Anniversary

Bangtan Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Jeon Jungkook is the most unbearably idiotic boyfriend ever.

                He also happens to be the kindest, best looking, and funniest boyfriend ever, so it about evens out.

                And he promised to give me the best two-year anniversary ever.

                I was laying down in bed, one arm draped lazily over Jungkook’s stomach as I waited for sleep to come.

                I smiled, thinking about everything Jungkook and I had been through so far.

-+-

                It had been a normal day for me, going through my classes as I tried to avoid eye contact with anybody and everybody. That changed as soon as I walked into Baking Club after school.

                I took my normal seat in the corner, putting in headphones as everyone else filed in.

                I looked up as someone began walking towards me, a new face with a brilliant smile. He sat down next to me, our thighs touching and leaving me a bit too close for comfort.

                “Hi!” He said, oblivious to how much I didn’t want to be bothered.

                I looked up slowly, trying my best not to meet his gaze. “H- Hi.”

                As soon as someone broke through my walls, I was practically defenseless. How was I supposed to talk to him? What should I say? Do I smile?

                Ignoring my discomfort, he smiled even wider. “I’m Jeon Jungkook! I just transferred here from Busan. What about you?”

                “Min Yoongi…” I muttered quietly.

                “Yoongi?” He said. I nodded. “I like that name! I’m going to call you hyung, okay? You’re my first friend here!”
                I looked down. “S- Sure…”

                “Hey,” Jungkook put a hand on my shoulder, his voice softening as he looked up at me. “Are you okay? I- I’ve seen you walking around the school, and you’re always alone. You look so sad. D- Do you have… Do you have any friends?” His eyes seemed to sparkle, as if reassuring me that he cared, that he wanted me to be happy.

                My heart swelled at the gesture. It had been so long, too long, since someone had genuinely cared for me. For so long, all I had known was the harsh glares of people, the words of You aren’t good enough from teachers, and hits of You’ll never amount to anything from my parents. I hated those people. But Jungkook’s eyes were filled with so much love, so much caring, for someone he had known for less than a minute.

                I just looked at him, eyes almost b with tears. Jungkook saw it quickly and hugged me without any words passing between us.

                I was too tired to refuse hugging him back.

                I was tired of being pushed away from so many people, tired of being put down for being who I wanted to be, tired of hiding my tears because nobody cared enough to console me.

                I pulled him closer, burying my face in his shoulder as I sobbed quietly. Jungkook rubbed my back, shooing away any other Club members who came within six feet of us.

                “He has a headache, a really unbearable one.” Jungkook said, pulling me closer. “It’s nothing you should be concerned about.”

                I clutched onto him tighter as he spoke, grateful to him once more for protecting me and my dignity from everyone else.

                It had been so long since I had cried into someone else’s shoulder. I had honestly missed it just the slightest bit, my chest racked with sobs. Jungkook whispered encouragingly to me. “Don’t worry, hyung. You can cry, I won’t judge you. You must have been lonely, huh?”

                I nodded slightly, sniffing slightly and looking up.

                Baking Club went by quickly as soon as it started. Since Jungkook was new and I worked alone before, we became partners for the rest of the year.

                I barely remembered anything that happened during the meeting, only what happened afterwards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter