Sweet Food & Sweeter Kisses

Bangtan Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood at the register of Bangtan Bakery, smiling pleasantly as I handed over the last chocolate cupcake to a very hungry Lee Jaehwan. “Don’t forget to say hi to Jin-hyung before you leave, okay?”

                He nodded, smiling. “Thanks, Jungkook-ah!” He called as he went and sat down next to Jin, who closed his laptop and smiled, greeting Jaehwan.

                I sighed as I watched them talking to one another. Hoseok walked up next to me, mocking my sigh. I hit him, laughing. “Don’t make fun of me, hyung! It’s not my fault I think they’re the cutest couple to walk the earth.”

                He feigned shock, looking hurt. “Jungkook! Are you saying that Namjoonie and I aren’t cute enough for you?”

                I shook my head, smiling. “Ah… Never mind. Cover for me for a bit, okay? We need more cupcakes.”

                As Hoseok took over and began helping the next customer who walked inside, I pushed open the door to the kitchen to find Yoongi already frosting a new batch of cupcakes.

                I watched him make a swirl on top of the small pastry, walking over and giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Yoongi, how did you know that we were running out of cupcakes? Are we such a good couple that we can communicate telepathically now? Oh! Don’t try to learn your birthday present!”

                He grunted in response, not even bothering to look up. “I looked outside, idiot. We were running low, so I baked some cupcakes. Now help me out with the frosting, okay?”

                I nodded, grabbing an icing bag and following Yoongi’s pattern of swirls on the rest of the batch.

                Distracted, I looked over at him, watching as his delicate fingers placed the Bangtan Bakery bomb candies on each of the cupcakes.

                “Jungkook!” He yelled, batting my hand. “You ruined the cupcake, that’s too much frosting!”

                I looked over, flushing red in embarrassment. “O- Oh, sorry!”

                The entire chocolate cupcake had been doused in white frosting, half the tube of icing on the one cupcake. I picked it up quickly and took a bite, smiling at Yoongi with frosting covering my face. “It tastes amazing, hyung!”

                He snorted, looking up at me. “You have a bit of something right… here.” He pointed at his entire face, not breaking eye contact with me.

                I laughed, planting a kiss on his lips and smearing the frosting on to his own face. “Your beauty distracted me, so you deserve to wear some of the burden as well!”

                He blushed, looking back down at the cupcakes as he finished the last of them. “Jungkook. This is work, you can’t just go around kissing me as you please.”

                I pouted, picking up one of the trays of cupcakes and walking out with him to place them into the display case. “But Yoongi-“ I whined.

                He shook his head. “No more, okay?”

                I continued to pout. “Fine! It’s my mission now. You’re going to kiss me before we leave work!”

                Yoongi snorted. “Good luck, Kookie. I’ll make sure you don’t.”

                Jimin walked over, his eyebrows raised. “Ooh, a lover’s quarrel, is it?” He said teasingly, grinning.

                “Shut up, Jimin.” Yoongi growled, returning to placing the cupcakes in the display.

“Ooh, a bad boy! Just my type~” I cooed, putting one hand on his arm. Shaking his head, he took the now empty platter from my hand and walked rapidly back into the kitchen, muttering something about getting more responsible employees.

                Jimin shot me a confused look, to which I grinned. “I need to make him kiss me by the end of the day.”

                Jimin jumped up like a small child, clapping happily. “Oh! I can help!”

                I smiled, returning to the register to take over again for Hoseok.

-+-

                As Taehyung, Jin, and Namjoon moved in to give us our lunch breaks, Yoongi, Jimin, and I took off our aprons and tossed them aside.

                “Jungkookie, where should we eat?” Jimin asked, looking at me with a huge smile.

                I shrugged, looking up at Yoongi as he went to wash his hands. “What do you want, Yoongi?”

                “I don’t really care. Pho.” He replied, shaking the water off of his hands and grabbing his wallet. “I’ll pay.”

                “Yay! Free food!” Jimin yelled excitedly.

                Yoongi shot him a dirty look, smirking slightly. “Oh, no. Jimin, you’re paying for your own food. You’ve gotten on my nerves once too much today.”

                His smile fell in an instant. “But hyung… Jungkook annoyed you! Why do you buy him food?”

                I smiled smugly as he responded, “Jungkook is my boyfriend and I need to buy him food or he’ll hit me.”

                Jimin grumbled and grabbed his own wallet, walking out quickly and leading the way to the new restaurant Jaehwan’s friend Cha Hakyeon had opened, VIXX’s Vietnamese Noodles. “So many strange names in this part of town, huh?” He wondered aloud, walking inside.

                As we finished eating, I put my hand in Yoongi’s looking up at him with a smile bright enough to cure any illness. His face flushed pink as he looked away quickly. “Nope. I won’t kiss you, Jeon Jungkook. Not today.”

                “Aw, come on! What else do I need to do?” I whined, pulling on his hand like a needy child.

                He shook his head quickly. “No. I won’t do it, period.”

                I grinned. “Ah, I doubt it, Yoongi. I’ll figure out something that I can do to earn a kiss.”

He simply nodded thoughtfully. “I’ll be waiting for you to figure it out, then.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter