Just Friends, Really!

Bangtan Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “Seokjinnie~,” I called, walking out to greet the man as he sat down in my restaurant.

                He smiled up at me, not bothering to open the menu I placed down in front of him. “Hi, Jaehwan!” He said, poking one of my cheeks as a ritual of our greeting one another. “Make me something good, okay?”

                I grinned, nodding and rushing back to the kitchen. VIXX’s Vietnamese Noodles, as cheesy a name as it was, took pride in having the best Pho in this particular part of Seoul. And for Seokjin, I wanted to make them a thousand times better.

                Not that I had a crush on him or anything, we were just friends!

                Right?

                I was quick to bring Seokjin out some beef pho, smiling as I placed it in front of him. He beamed at me. “Jaehwan, this smells amazing! Ahhh, I could kiss you right now, I’m so hungry!” He laughed, picking up his chopsticks and shoveling the steaming noodles into .

                I smiled, a bit of red creeping up to my cheeks as I watched him eat. He looked up at me, eyes wide in awe. “This is so good! You’re too good of a cook, Jaehwannie!” He smiled, continuing to eat quickly.

                I shook my head, laughing and looking away. “Ah, I’m not that good… You’re much better, and you taught me everything I know, anyways…”

                His face flushed red as he paused, chopsticks hovering halfway between the bowl and . “Jaehwan, don’t doubt yourself like that, okay? You’re really talented! Never forget that!” He smiled up at me. “Plus, I can’t take credit for everything that makes you so amazing; your looks came from your parents, after all!”

                I turned a bright shade of red, looking at him as he resumed eating. Did Kim Seokjin just tell me I look good?

                My eyes were wide and I had been staring at Seokjin in shock. He looked back over and began laughing. “What?”

                I shook my head, breaking a small smile. “Ah, nothing. Just got distracted, is all!”

                He nodded and turned back to his pho. “I should finish this and get going. You should probably get back to work, too. But if you want, we can meet at the Bakery during your break! I’ll ask for a bit of time off so we can talk more.”

                I nodded quickly and rushed back into the kitchen, trying to calm down.

                Kim Seokjin may have just called me good looking.

                And he may have just said that he would take time off to hang out with me.

                But we were just friends.

                Right?

-+-

                As my break increased, Hakyeon noticed that I was acting nervous.

                In truth, I didn’t know why I felt like meeting with Seokjin was such a big deal.

                We weren’t any more than friends.

                Not yet, at least.

                He walked over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I jumped looking back at him with wide eyes. “Hyung! You startled me…”

                He smiled, shaking his head. “Ah, you get scared so easily when you’re nervous! What’s it about this time, huh? Are you worried about something?” He pesters me with questions like the annoyingly lovable person he is.

                I simply smiled, shaking my head. “It’s nothing… I’m going to meet up with Seokjin later, and…” I trailed off, leaving the sentence hanging in the air.

                Hakyeon nodded, making an ‘Oh’ shape with his lips. “Jaehwan?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Do you like him?” He asked, looking at me thoughtfully.

                “N- No! We’re just friends, hyung! That’s all we’ve ever been! There’s no way he would like me back… Is there?” I rambled, avoiding eye contact with Hakyeon as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter