A Sick Hakyeon and A Reluctant Taekwoon

Bangtan Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I'm not going to write any more Neo on a regular basis, just really wanted to write this one!

-+-

To: Cutie Main Cook

JAEHWAN YOU NEED TO HELP ME

 

From: Cutie Main Cook

Hakyeon, what is it? Seokjin and I are going on a date soon, can your drama wait?

 

To: Cutie Main Cook

NO IT CANNOT I NEED TO TALK TO YOU

Plus, isn’t your date in three hours?

 

From: Cutie Main Cook

Okay, it might be! But that doesn’t mean I can’t already be getting ready, does it? ;;;

 

To: Cutie Main Cook

Aish, just help me! I’m calling you, okay?

 

                I dialed Jaehwan’s number, waiting impatiently as he picked up. He sighed, listening to me calmly as I began describing my problem to him.

                “Jaehwan, Taekwoonie isn’t reacting to me! I want him to love me, but all he does is work and shrug everything off without even smiling! I helped you and Jin, can you please help me?”

                I could hear the breath leave Jaehwan as he laughed softly. “You’re really heads over heels for Taekwoon, aren’t you?”

                I nodded, even though he couldn’t see it. “Yes! Really, I am! And I’m fed up with him ignoring me! Why doesn’t he love me, Jaehwan?”

                “Probably because you’re not a cat or a child.” He laughed, adopting a more serious tone a moment later. “Hakyeon, he just doesn’t show his affection. You know that, don’t you?”

                I pouted. “But I want him to! He… He’s so distant and it hurts because I just want him to love me!” My voice cracked slightly, and Jaehwan’s line fell silent.

                “Hyung…”

                “Y- Yes?”

                “I thought you were joking all this time. You… You actually like him?”

                “Yes!” I shouted, exasperated. “Was that not clear?”

                “Ah, no. You always nag everyone, and it seemed like you just wanted Taekwoon’s attention because he wouldn’t give it to you. I- I don’t think he took it seriously, either.”

                My heart sank. How could they not notice?

                Perking up, I muttered a quick, “Bye!” To Jaehwan and flopped down on my bed, casually tossing my phone away.

                Groaning, I picked it up again to make sure it was okay. Just as I did, I received another text.

 

From: Taekwoonie <3

Hakyeon hyung, are you coming in to close up, or do you want me to do it?

 

                I sighed, too tired to get out of bed. Quickly, I typed a reply and hit send.

 

To: Taekwoonie <3

I’m not feeling well, could you lock up?

 

From: Taekwoonie <3

Hyung, you came in while you were hunched over with the stomach flu to lock up. I’m going to come over as soon as I’m done here, okay?

 

                My heart skipped a beat as I read and reread the message. I smiled excitedly. Taekwoon was really coming over to take care of me!

                I continued to smile, keeping it plastered on my face no matter how hard I tried to get rid of it.

                As soon as I heard a knock on the door, I closed my eyes and tried my best to look sick. “Come in,” I said, trying to hide my excitement as I called out.

                Taekwoon opened the door slowly and walked in to find me with my eyes twitching slightly, my face flushed red although not from sickness. It did help to give him that impression, however.

                He rushed over and put a hand on my cheek, looking disappointed as I turned even redder. “Aish, Hakyeon hyung! You need to rest more!”

                I smiled at him, laughing slightly. “Ah, I just need you to give me a hug, I’m sure!”

                He looked at me skeptically. I could practically see him thinking wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter