Chapter 11

Boundless

 

The worst of the typhoon seems to be over. The howling wind has ceased, lightning no longer flashing in the dark night, thunder occasionally rumbling in the far. Only the pitter-patter of the rain reminds one of the storm. The weather outside has finally cleared up but the atmosphere remains heavy for the six males in the living room.

 

Sunggyu stays silent, ignoring everyone in the room, sitting rigidly in Woohyun’s arms. His neighbour has refused to let go of him after the incident, ignoring his struggle for release after getting his breath back. He has since given up the notion to break free from the male, his struggles pathetic against the strong arms embracing him. Remaining responseless to the probing eyes is the only defense he can muster for the moment. Focusing instead on the sound of the falling rain, Sunggyu absently wonders whether rainy days are becoming indicative in his life. The day he managed to escape from captive, the rain was pouring. Ironically, he is going back to captive once again in the same dreadful weather.

 

The sudden beeping from Myungsoo’s watch catches everyone’s attention. Myungsoo frowns as he checks his phone.

 

“We need to go.”

 

Sunggyu observes the silent exchanges between the few men in the room after the male uttered the four words. Without speaking, they reached conclusion pretty quickly and everyone spring into action. Everyone except Woohyun who is still holding onto him.

 

“Sunggyu, can you please trust me? I’m not going to hurt you, I just want to help.”

 

The whispering from behind brings little shivers but Sunggyu manages to remain emotionless, although he cannot help but scoffs at the request. Woohyun is asking for something that even if he is willing to give, there is nothing left in him up for offer. Whatever little bits left over from his imprisonment, he had betted them on Woohyun when he opened his doors to the male. The chances of winning the gamble was almost non-existence but still he went head in, being the fool he is.

 

“I promise to explain everything to you later but now, I need you to leave quietly with me, please.”

 

Once again, Sunggyu shivers at the warm breath that lingers at his neck as Woohyun speaks.

 

“Or we can knock you out and carry you with us, your choice. I seriously don’t mind doing the honor again.”

 

“Sungyeol!”

 

Sunggyu jumps a little at Woohyun’s shout but the lanky male just shrugs nonchalantly before dragging a luggage out of the apartment. The words do not sound like a threat but Sunggyu knows this will be his fate if he refuses Woohyun’s suggestion. Nodding slightly, Sunggyu immediately feels Woohyun’s relief over his acceptance. Rationalizing that at least by staying conscious, he will have some slim hope of escape during the journey; Sunggyu refutes in his mind that his decision has anything to do with his foolish heart wishing to believe Woohyun’s words.

 

Sungjong is back at Sunggyu’s side after dispersing with the rest of the males just a while ago, holding a backpack, the only personal thing he finds besides the few pieces of clothing in the barren apartment next door. His hyung has been living like a fugitive. Smoothing his expression into a smile despite the turmoil feelings in him, Sungjong gently asks.

 

“Hyung, you have anything else you need from your apartment? I have packed your clothes.”

 

Startled by Sungjong’s question, it takes a while before Sunggyu jerkily shakes his head. There is no need for his clothes or any of his belongings in the lab.

 

“See what I have found!”

 

The sudden happy exclamation from the doorway draws everyone eyes towards that direction, invoking a gasp from Sunggyu as he sees Kitty in the hands of the Dino looking male. He has been hoping to spare the kitten from the ordeal he is going to face when coming over earlier to save Woohyun. With the turn of events, he is not too sure now whether it is good or bad that they have found the kitten. Judging from the male’s playful behaviour with Kitty, it seems like there is no imminent danger for the feline, a huge relief for Sunggyu. The last thing he ever wants is too see another being hurt because of him.

 

“We need to leave now. They are coming in much faster than expected. Estimated ten minutes to contact.”

 

Unwrapping his arms that have been immobilizing the thin male, Woohyun pulls Sunggyu to standing position before nudging the rigid male gently towards the exit after hearing Myungsoo’s words. It will be much simpler if he heeds Sungyeol’s words and normally he would have done it in other similar circumstances but Sunggyu is different. He really wants to demonstrate to Sunggyu that he meant no harm even though the chance of the male believing him is scarce. Throwing a glance at Sungjong, the youngest member of his team immediately goes to Sunggyu’s side, accompanying the rather reluctant male out of the apartment, trailing closely behind Dongwoo who has gone ahead.

 

The thought of dashing back to his apartment flashes through his mind when Woohyun releases him but before he can even act, Sungjong has grabbed hold of his arm, leading him out of Woohyun’s apartment and down the stairs. The chance is over in a split second; leaving Sunggyu little time to think of other escape alternative as he descends the stairs. He hopes the climb be endless but the apartment entrance soon appears in sight. They are descending the narrow staircase in a single file; there is only the Dino look alike male in front of him who seems to be preoccupied playing with Kitty. Sunggyu knows this is his last chance of escaping but the harsh reality denies him once again.

 

Dongwoo turns around as he reaches the last step of the stairway, intending to return the feline back to its owner before boarding their vehicle. He will need his hands free considering that they might meet with obstructions on the way out. However, one look at Sunggyu and he knows the male is ready to make a run. He has seen the same expression too many times, the last-ditch effort look that gives away one’s intention. Smilingly, he closes the distance to Sunggyu and stuffs the kitten into the frozen male’s arms.

 

“I think both of you will feel better if you carry it instead. The car is just outside; let’s get in before you or this furball catches a cold. Come with me.”

 

Firm but gentle hand on his arm leads him to the car parked few steps away besides the pavement. The Sungyeol guy is already in the car with the engine running, waiting for them. With Kitty in his arms, Sunggyu dejectedly climbs into the large vehicle and finds himself sandwiched between Woohyun and Sungjong while the Dino guy boarded from the rear and the front seat taken up by the male who has requested them to leave. Instead of leaving, Sunggyu finds himself looking at the apartment from across the road, the car now parked in an obscured spot inside the back lane. There is silent but Sunggyu feels a sense of anticipation from the other males in the car with everyone’s attention fixed on the opposite building.

 

It is not long before two cars arrive speedily, stopping abruptly at the opposite pavement. Men swiftly alight and dash up the stairway except for one who slowly alights from the front seat of the first car. Sunggyu freezes with terror, as his nightmare appears right before his eyes. He has recognized few of the men who have gone up the apartment; they were guards at the lab. But those men are nothing compared to the last man stepping out of the car; the man whom Sunggyu only known as Professor. The man who smilingly gives the orders, the only man whom smiled at him during his captive.

 

He has never been able to forget the sinister leers.

 


This chapter is written in many different person's view. I hope it is not confusing anyone :p Please kindly submerge me with your comments!

I thought I would have time to write but work has been busy. Luckily, I have selected lesser modules this semester for my part time studies or I wouldn't be able to survive 12 hours of working in addition to classes and assignments.

I received some comments saying that they like my writing style. Really happy to see these since I often find my own writing lacks flamboyancy or sparks that are essential in making a story captivating. I really appreciate if you are still following and reading this story especially since I'm a tortoise writer.

Infinite is having fanmeets but sadly not in my country. Still, I'm glad to see them having fun together. I wonder when I could see all of them performing together again.