Chapter 10

Boundless

 

Woohyun, you have just land yourself a hidden treasure.

 

Sunggyu's heart clenches at the first thing he hears upon waking up. Is that how Woohyun thinks of him? A hidden treasure waiting to be seek out? All the smiles and kind gestures are just baits? His frizzy mind runs over the short period of happiness since he met Woohyun. No, of course they are not real, no matter how real they felt. He should have known who would be interested in an isolated ghostly figure, he should have known better. One thing is for sure though; he is never going back even if it means death is the only path left for him. Sunggyu sneaks out the pocketknife hidden in his jogger pant.

 

“Watch out!”

 

Even without the warning from Dongwoo, Woohyun’s natural instinct spring into action in the face of danger, his body jumping away, missing the swing of the Swiss army knife. He stares at the now awaken male whom has scrambled up from the sofa, waving the petite weapon at them. He is not sure whether to be happy that Sunggyu is awake or he should cry in the corner because the male tries to stabs him. The apparent fear in Sunggyu’s eyes as they dart around the room saddens Woohyun; he cannot imagine what Sunggyu has gone through the past seven years to reduce the male to such state. He reaches out to the tensed male.

 

“Sunggyu, please listen to me …”

 

“Shut up! If you come any closer, I’m will kill myself!”

 

The hand that is stretching out freezes in mid-air. Woohyun’s heartbeats hasten as he watches Sunggyu places the knife to his own throat. The male’s untrained movements do not pose any danger to him but the frantic male may just hurt himself, especially seeing the shaking hand that is holding on to the knife.

 

“Hyung! Sunggyu hyung, I’m Jongie. Do you remember me? You know, the boy who always follow you around in the orphanage? You practically raised me, you can’t have forgotten me!”

 

Sunggyu blinks, his attention distracted to the male whom is addressing him as hyung. When was the last time someone called him hyung? It certainly feels like centuries ago. Fixing his gaze on the spoken male, he tries hard to comprehend the new information. Long forgotten memories trickles into his mind as he stares hard at the alien yet somewhat familiar face. The clearly pleading expression of the young male slowly maps into a bubbly teenager face that he never imagines seeing again. A sob left his mouth as he moves towards Sungjong’s but immediately stop in his track, looking at the others standing around the room whom he has momentarily forgotten. Sunggyu backs a little, closing the distant of the knife to his throat once again.

 

“You are with them? Are you here to catch me also?”

 

Remembering what he heard before being knocked out, Sunggyu’s heart takes another beating. Just when he thinks he can trust again and start a new life, they have shown up, shattering his hopes, showing him once again the price he has to pay for being naïve. It is his fault for wishing to cling on to life, a normal life that was ruthlessly deprived from him years ago. Sunggyu glances first at Sungjong, a reminder of his lost past and then at Woohyun, who he thought would be his lifebuoy in his present raging world. All these no longer matters since everything is going to end today. At least he has the choice to end it all and not let himself reduced to a tool for the evil. The knife moves, a thin red line appearing as the sharp edge meets the fragile skin.

 

“No!”

 

The shouts did not stop him but Sunggyu finds himself disarmed. His last hope for release flies out of his hand, landing a distance away. The lanky male whom is responsible for the action smiles brightly at him but Sunggyu can only feel iciness engulfing him, his fate decided for him once again. He barely notices being crushed into Woohyun’s embrace or Sungjong trying to tend to his wound. His world freezes, spiraling down into the abyss, extinguishing any tiny hope he might have held deep in his heart.

 

“Woohyun, take a look at him, I think he is in shock.”

 

Dongwoo’s words jolts him out of his trance of almost losing Sunggyu, finally realizing the male in his embrace is barely breathing, face void of emotions and losing the ability to support himself. Woohyun once again catches the limp body; both of them falling back into the sofa.

 

“Sunggyu, look at me! Don’t be afraid, We are not here to hurt you! Just breathe, please!”

 

“Hyung, I will protect you from harm. Everything will be okay. You just need to breathe.”

 

Remaining unresponsive to the distraught pleas from the two males by his side, Sunggyu turns more bluish with every passing second. Seeing the pleas are getting nowhere, Sungyeol decides to handle the situation in his own manner. Ignoring the threatening shouts from Woohyun and Sungjong, he grabs Sunggyu by the arms and proceeds to shake the hell out of the stilled male. To everyone relief, tiny whimpers escapes from Sunggyu’s mouth after a while. Smiling triumphantly, Sungyeol drops the male who is now grasping for air, back into Woohyun’s chest. Amidst the violent breathing and coughing, colours return to Sunggyu’s face.

 

Although his mind is not fully coherent due to the temporary suffocation, Sunggyu feels the hand that is soothing his back and another one gently pressing on the wound he inflicted on his own neck. He hears but the spoken words seems miles away, his mind not comprehending any of them. They are laced with deep concern though, as if the person speaking really cares. But they never care. He was just a test subject to his captors, arguably a higher valued one but nevertheless, a test subject among the many in the lab. His fuzzy mind also notices something else that is strange, something he has ignored when he woke up previously.

 

He should have been anesthetized based on experiences but he is not. He should have awaken in a crisp white cell and not in Woohyun’s home, certainly not in Woohyun’s lap. Is this their new way of trapping him, a way through his heart?

 


Finally a new chapter! Thanks for bearing with my slow update. Sunggyu wakes but he might have wish he hasn't. The future seems bleak or is there even a future for him? 

Drown me with comments please! The next chapter should be faster, I think :p

 

All the Infinite members are active with individual activities but I crave for group schedules. I miss them together. Although Sunggyu has a special place in my heart, I have always love them as a group more than anything.

Been watching the other groups of Woollim, including Woollim girls that have not debuted. I sincerely think that Woollim is one agency that always debut well prepared groups with talents and skills to survive the entertainment world. I always don't understand how it is possible that many of the top groups in the industry cannot even sing live. This is my opinion though becase I admit some of the groups have star factor which is extremely important.