Epilogue

Trap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***

 

Yoona hurriedly lowered herself when Seohyun turned to where they are. But both Mr. and Mrs. Im waves with an awkward smile towards the girl outside. Seohyun waves back with a sweet smile and left the parking lot with the tan girl, happily skipping with her.

 

"I don't think they're a couple." Mrs. Im commented while watching the two girls' back.

 

"Yeah, they're more like just friends or close friends." Mr. Im added, as he and his wife looked behind them to check their daughter. "What do you think Im Yoona?"

 

Yoona returned to her seat and crosses her arms while glaring to the two, disappearing from her sight. "Still, she did not tell me about her. And she did not tell me she's going with that friend, when I asked her earlier who she is coming with. I can't believe her."

 

"Someone is jealous even though they're not dating yet." Mr. Im teases, loving the look in his daughter's face.

 

"I'm not. I'm upset she never texted me back! She should have text me if she isn't keeping something from me or... she still cares about me, Appa! That girl needs some reminding!" Yoona childishly defends herself.

 

"Yah! you're still high school, Im Yoona! You're not an adult yet." Mr. Im reminds his daughter instead. "And let me remind you, Seohyun hasn't even accepted your love. Tsk,tsk. So you have no right to complain yet! Not to mention, to us. Aish, this kid."

 

"Even so, Appa! We're friends! And friends should keep in touch!" Yoona strongly believes, eyes are burning like fire.

 

Mr. Im was about to answer his daughter back when his wife beats him.

 

"Come on, we don't have time for this. You're still going to warm up." Mrs. Im said and unbuckles her own seat belt. But when the two did not move, she sent them glares.

 

Yoona and her father just complied eventually. But Yoona has to lead them, as she got more important to do.

 

***

 

A couple of minutes later since she entered the comfort room, Seohyun walks out with shy gazes towards Yuri, and it didn't help her when the girl looked at her from head to toe. "Yah! Stop staring like that to me!" she can't help it and scolded.

 

"I just - I mean... You really look good in Baseball Jersey. Jjang!" Yuri showed thumbs up in front of the younger, with a big smile in her face.

 

"Thank you." Seohyun smiled shyly yet she blushes when she thought about Yoona. 'Will she loves to see I'm wearing her jersey number? I hope so. Oh Gosh, I'm not that obvious aren't I?' She cupped her cheeks. 'What could be her reaction? Will she smile? Will she give me some heart? Or will she run to me and hug me in the middle of the game? Kyaaa. That can be. That can be. That can be...' she unconsciously shakes her head, spazzing over her imaginations

 

Yuri literally snapped a finger in front of the girl upon seeing her smiling like a fool on her own.

 

"Yes?" And the younger looked at her in panic. As if she missed something.

 

"Stop dreaming. It's still so early for that." Yuri shakes her head in disbelief. "Come on, the game is starting. I'm still going to watch my sibling and that girl who owns that jersey number you're wearing." She casually leads the younger to walk back to their seats.

 

Seohyun shakes her head again and taps her face a lot of times before she follows Yuri. She hooks her arm with hers automatically. And together, they once again skip like bunnies, happily hopping.

 

***

 

Yoona is in the locoker room, alone and anxious on what will she do once she sees Seohyun in the audience seat; while she's staring to the rilakkuma stuff toy she's holding. She wanted to ignore the fact that Seohyun did not ever tell her about the company she's going with, but she can't help it. She can't hold herself and feel jealous even though she has no right because they're not yet a couple. It stings her heart, recalling what she witnessed earlier. And that made her gripped tightly to the stuff toy while she's gritting her teeth.

 

'Yoona, stop thinking about what you saw. She doesn't to be in her your mind right now when it's your game. Not to mention, a championship game. Please stop it! Stop, stop, stop, stoooooop.'

 

"." She cursed and punched the stuff toy, heavily sighing in the process. "It's a game day. An important game day of your life, Im YoonA. So let's pull yourself together and do as what you should do."

 

Suddenly, she heard her phone beep, whichmade her rolled her eyes and fetch her phone from her backpack. But as she thought it would be one of her parents, it's the girl that she had been thinking.

 

Seo Joohyun: I think I can't see you personally in your locker anymore. The guards are so strict.

I'll be just in the audience, cheering for you, Yoongie.

Fighting!

 

But for the second time, she's upset that she ignored her message. She sent it early this morning, but she never replied about it. "Geez, she's getting into my nerves. Aish." she just ignore the message as well and just put it aside.

 

Grabbing the stuff toy, she sighed and pushed the button of the stuff toy, which is in the stomach. Then, she records her voice. After having her own drama, she stands up; just on time her teammate opened the door and asked her to come out with her already. She just complied and while walking in the tunnel, she braces herself and ready herself what will she's going to see in the seat she provided for Seohyun and that friend. She hopes it wouldn't be like in her imagination right now, otherwise, she can't focus to her game.

 

Just few moments later, she's already out and meets with her teammates in the side of the field, as they stand in line for the National Anthem. However, unlike her teammates, she's not focus to the song; she's searching for that seat in the audience - until she spotted her. With of course, that Kwon Yuri next to her. They're standing as well like the others around.

 

'Is she wearing our team's jersey?' But she's not sure what number of jersey from their team she is wearing, since she's not facing her back. It made her curious and keeps her eyes to the oblivious girl, who was immense in singing their national anthem.

 

Yuri who was standing next to Seohyun, noticed that someone is staring to her friend next to her. It made her glance to that girl from the field and her lips slowly formed into a smile, realizing that it's the owner of the number jersey Seohyun is wearing. 'So this is the girl she's talking about. She didn't even hint that it's the best batter in their team. Tsk,tsk Seohyun has a good taste, eh?' she had a little shake of head, couldn't almost believe it.

 

A few moments later, as the song ended and Seohyun unconsciously her back, Yoona had her eyes widened when she saw the number jersey, which is seven, and obviously her jersey. Her lips formed into a biggest smile and couldn't help but feel so proud that her girl is wearing her jersey. 'This girl keeps on surprising me today. She should have told me she will wear my jersey. I wouldn't have think negative towards her.' She thought, as she never moved from her spot. 'Aigoo, she looks so good in my own jersey. Kyaaa, so cute and adorable.' while smiling like a fool and couldn't take her eyes off to her girl.

 

Seohyun who had her seat back instantly spotted Yoona, who was the only standing now near the pitcher's box. She did not think twice and stands up, waving her hands to her.

 

Yoona got a little panic when she saw Seohyun is waving and smiling. She looked around her and finally noticed her teammates are calling her to move to the side. Embarrassed, she lowered her head and animatedly runs to where her teammates are sitting. All of her teammates and coaches are laughing at her silliness.

 

"Did she spot me?" Seohyun wonders as she returns to her seat.

 

"So it's Im Yoona, eh?" Yuri nudged her friend next to her.

 

Seohyun eventually turned her head to the tan girl. "Y-You know?"

 

"She was looking at you earlier, not paying attention to the song. So I figured it was the girl you're talking about."

 

"She was? Why would she?" Seohyun was surprised. "And why you did not tell me?"

 

Yuri was amuse with the other girl's reaction and giggles. "You really like her - don't you?"

 

Looking away from the older, Seohyun can feel her cheeks heating up as she shyly nodded and admit it. Yuri nudges her again and ruffles her hair.

 

"Don't worry, you got a good taste." The tan girl jokes, earning a little smile from the latter. "I don't mind it... as your cousin." she grins so big, which made the younger to turned away again and exhaled so loud. She just hits her with the cheering balloons and don't mind her shrugging her off. "Yoona will bat soon, ready your voice." But couldn't hold back and in a whisper.

 

'Geez, shouldn't have ask her to come with me.' Seohyun rolled her eyes, somehow regretting with her decision.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona is sure having pang of jealousy again, watching the two converses and that Yuri even hitting her girl. She clenched on her jaw while her hands are curling into a fists while watching them from afar. It's amazing that she can clearly see them from their seats, as if they're just one feet away from her.

 

"Yah! Im Yoona. It's your turn." Said her teammate as she was being pushed a little.

 

Yoona stood up and put on her hate before she walks like a robot, with heavy steps into the batter's box. 'That Kwon Yuri. You're so dead for hitting my girl.' Holding the baseball bat in level with her head, she looks as fierce as she looks at the pitcher and the ball she's holding. Suddenly, she can see the face of the Kwon Yuri, and made her even furious. She helds the bat so tight and focus on the ball. 'Let's see where I should drop you then.' A smirk formed in her lips as she readies herself to bat.

 

Once the pitcher does her job in throwing the ball, it's like a slow motion as the ball get's closer and closer - Yoona braces herself and hits the ball so hard. As the ball flies high, and sensing it's beyond the field, she effortlessly runs to the first base... second... and before she can reach the third, she unconsciously can hear cheers, coming from her parents and fans, including that very familiar voice from her girl. She got confidence and she runs so fast to the third base.

 

"Whooohoooo!!! Im Yoona!!! YOU'RE FREAKING THE BEST!!!" Seohyun just erupted into her fangirl mode once Yoona reached the home run. "YOU'RE JJANG! AWESOME!!! The beast player in the league." Like a crazy fan girl, she keeps on screaming and telling people that was her friend. "She's my friend. She's my friend, everyone. EVERYONE SHE IS MY VERY GOOD FRIEND. IM CHODING YOONAAAAA!!! As if they have already won, she couldn't get over with her successful play. She keeps on jumping up and down, dancing around and showing big hearts over the top of her head.

 

Yuri on the side couldn't somewhat react in her seat. Because for the first time, she's watching a fan that will do everything just for their idol to hear them alone, out of the cheers around. But before she could continue and loses her voice, she pulled her down and covered . "Calm down. Yoona already finished her play!" and reminded her cousin, chuckling in the process.

 

Moments later when Yoona hits the home run for the win, Yuri instantly covered her ears, ready for the impact of the young fan girl in her side, but much to her dismay, she did not hear her scream and even stands up. Instead, it was the fans around them. Feeling odd, she turned to her side and check what's happening... "Are... you okay?" She was met but a quite girl, with her face expressionless. "Your crush won, your team won. And look they're celebrating their win." She is totally flabbergasted.

 

As Seohyun turned to Yuri, she suddenly cries so hard instead.

 

"What?" And Yuri doesn't know why. But she knows the younger girl is catching attention from the crowd around them. "Yah! Stop crying! And why are you crying? You should be happy."

 

"I'm happy... it's just that... It's my first time... seeing her play... like that. She... exceeded my... expectations." Said Seohyun in every sobs she does.

 

Yuri got nothing to react, except for a rub on her back and smile to her adorable cousin, crying over her idol. It's definitely a worth to watch, for someone like her who also plays ball.

 

***

 

After the other players left the locker room and haven't seen their daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Im entered and find their daughter, sitting in the bench while preparing to leave.

 

Without giving her any warning, they started singing, "Saengil chukhahamnida, Saengil chukhahamnida, Saranghaneun Woori Yoona, Saengil chukhahamnida." with a cake Mr. Im is holding.

 

Yoona is surprise as she stands up and meets with her parents. "Thank You, Omma... Appa." She said as she stands in front of the cake with her eyes slowly showing tears out of joy.

 

"Make a wish." Mrs. Im ushers her daughter, smiling so proud for her daughter.

 

Yoona closes her eyes and clasps her hands together. 'I wish I can continue my scholarship to college.' And wishes for her future. With that, she opened her eyes back and blows the candle out.

 

"What did you wished for?" Mr. Im curiously asks his daughter.

 

"You know wishes don’t have to share, Appa. Why would I tell you?" Yoona grinned as she got the cake from him.

 

"I'm just curious and trying to ask you. Who knows you're wishing for your love interest to not dump you."

 

"That's not something our daughter should wish for, because I believe she will eventually accept her love, whether she wishes for it or not." Mrs. Im told her husband and gives him a rolling of eyes.

 

"Come on, You know our daughter too well, Hwa-young."

 

"Ugh, you're no fun. Anyway, you should resume packing your stuffs now Yoong. Coz we're going out for dinner." Mrs. Im excitedly informed her daughter.

 

"Chincha, Omma?"

 

"Yes. To your favorite restaurant, Yoong."

 

"Okay." Without missing a beat, the young baseball player took her seat again and resumed on where she left out. "I'll shower first then come out." She said and left them to the shower room, which is just in the other side of the locker.

 

"We'll be just outside." Her parents casually leave the room with the cake back to them.

 

As they went out, they instantly noticed that there are two girls walking in the hallway and are both familiar to their eyes. They both looked at each other than to the two girls coming to their way.

 

"Um, excuse me... Is Yoona still there?" Seohyun had no idea who are the two adults in front of the locker's door, and ask in a polite voice.

 

"You... are?" Mrs. Im replied, pretending not to know the young girl.

 

"Oh, where's my manners. I'm Seo Joohyun. But you can call me Seohyun. I'm Yoona's friend." Seohyun flashed a friendly smile. "And this is my cousin, Kwon Yuri." She added, also introducing her cousin standing next to her.

 

Yoona's parents had a brief smile to each other after learning the tan girl's role in their daughter's crush.

 

"It's nice to meet you then, Miss Seohyun-ssi. We're both Yoona's parents." Mrs. Im smiled back, extending her hand to the younger girl for a hand shake.

 

Upon learning they're the parents, Seohyun's hear beats races. Heck, she bowed as a respect rather than a hand shake. "It was nice meeting you too, Mr. and Mrs. Im." she pulls Yuri's hand down, so she can bow as well. The latter almost loses her balance when she did it, but she bowed, nonetheless.

 

"Omo, you guys don't have to bow so low." Mr. Im got alarmed and told the two teenagers, as he ushers them to stand straight already.

 

Seohyun and Yuri sheepishly smiled.

 

"But I'm not actually a friend of Yoona-ssi yet. It's only my cousin." Yuri however informed, awkwardly. Seohyun nudged her with her elbow, causing for her to elbow her back, without dropping her smile.

 

"Anyway, it's not important anymore. If you guys are here for Yoona, which is seems obvious. She's still inside and you guys can enter now." Mrs. Im made a way. But her husband did not move, so she pushed pulled him close to her and opens the door for them.

 

"Yes, thank you Mr. and Mrs. Im." Seohyun bowed again before Yuri pushed her to the door, so they can see her idol inside the locker. Seohyun almost stumble on the way, but was quick to straighten herself and did not miss to hit her cousin's shoulder, who only grinned at her. She rolled her eyes and ignores her, as she walks around the locker room. Unfortunately, there's no one out there, except for the backpack on the bench, a stuff toy, bouquet of flowers and the trophy Yoona received earlier as the MVP. She was about to ask Yuri if Yoona's parents are just trolling to them when they both heard a singing voice from somewhere.

 

"Girl, you know I want your love. Your love was handmade for somebody like me."

 

"Isn't that Im Yoona? Coming from the bathroom?" Yuri guesses as she walks to the glass door that separates them from the outside. The glass door is tinted to white, so they can't obviously see whose inside, but they can hear flowing of water from the shower.

 

Seohyun put her ear against the door and giggles, upon hearing her friend for the first time, singing while inside the bathroom.

 

"She's like the worse singer I've ever heard." Yuri commented, earning a hit from the younger. She stuck her tongue, playfully.

 

"Isn't she adorable and cute, though? It's not about the voice. It's about how she makes it fun while showering." Seohyun defends.

 

"Yeah, yeah, everything about Im Yoona is actually adorable for you." Yuri stated as a fact.

 

"I'm just stating the fact. Besides, she's really just perfect." But Seohyun responded with a quirky smile.

 

The tan girl scoffs. "You're already so blinded, don't you know that?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter