Final 2.2

Trap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trap with my crush pt. 2

 

***

 

"Hold on." Yoona suddenly stopped Seohyun to speak when she was about to explain it. The latter looked at her with a confuse look. She smiled and took something from her pocket. "Here. I think it's better if you tie that up."

 

"T-Thank you." Stammers Seohyun as she accepted the tie hesitantly. And before she can put aside the folder she's holding on the other hand, the older girl got it for her. She smiled and proceeds with tying her hair awkwardly in front of her crush.

 

Yoona opened the folder and checks what's inside. "So this is like an interview. Interesting. Are you going take this chance and ask me with these questions?" She asked glancing to the younger.

 

"C-Can I?" Seohyun is not sure but she hopes the latter will not mind it.

 

"Are you kidding me? Of course I would love to. Well, since we are stuck here. I guess there's no other choice. Unless someone opens that door and get us out here." Yoona said as a matter of fact. She then returned the folder and waited for the younger girl's reply.

 

"Yeah, it's obvious." Seohyun sighed and opens the folder. Out of a sudden, she felt shy again. But she can feel the older girl is waiting for her to start it. So she hurriedly pulled out her phone and put it between them in the bench. "I'm sure you know this." she opens the recorder application and looked into her eyes.

 

"Absolutely. So you can start... " Yoona pressed the button instead. "... Now." and gives the younger the cue. She flashes her reassuring smile, to give her the confidence again, sensing she was shy. Not to mention, her cheeks are still so red, while she could feel hers are back to normal again.

 

"Alright... " Seohyun cleared and adjusted her glasses to have a better reading on the question. It only has 10 of them, and it seems it will be ask to every person that was listed. She looked at her again and was glad to see she's patience towards her. Bracing herself, she opens and started the interview. "From all the sports out there, why baseball?"

 

"I've received such question for already a couple of times-"

 

"Do you want me to move on to the next question then?" Seohyun got alarmed and interrupted the older girl.

 

"No-No. I'm okay with that." Yoona waves her hand across with each other in front of Seohyun, and then smiled. "I'm just telling you. But anyway, why baseball? I guess I would say the truth this time. I mean, I've quietly lied to the other interviews. Hehe. But since it's you, almost the same age as mine, I'll be not lying." she pause for a second and continued, "It's my father's dream and for me, baseball is just really so cool. I am not saying that other sports are not cool; it's just that... baseball has some blood running in my veins. This is the sport I've ever wanted to do since I was a kid. And thanks for my father for introducing such good sport."

 

Seohyun nodded in understand, as she flutters. And since she's just interviewing, she proceeds to the second question.

 

"How about you? What sport do you like?" However, Yoona beats her. She widened her eyes and looked at her back. "I'm sure you do have some favorite sport too, right? Tell me what do you prefer to watch or play?"

 

'Should I tell her that I also like it? Or should I lie? N-No. There's no point of denying. And I think she wouldn't know I have a crush with her if I say it honestly.' Seohyun thought as she debates on herself. But she ends up telling it. "I... like baseball as well. The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love." and she unconsciously said those words.

 

"Wow, just like I have actually expected." Yoona felt so happy inside.

 

"Anyway, let's move to the second." Seohyun sighed and returned to the paper. "What do you usually think if you're in the field playing the sport you love?" she smiled as she glances to her crush again. It's like the question has heard her thoughts too. Because every time she watches the doe-eyed girl, she always noticed how face is seems thinking something else while her eyes are fierce.

 

Yoona turned her head to the other direction as she thought of it, as if she doesn't honestly know. "Well, it depends on the day." But she's someone who thinks a lot too. "I mean, if that day I am there to just play without any stress on mind, I think of what will I give to my crush as soon as the game ends." she revealed. "Then sometimes I will think of where I should go again after dinner. Since I leave the house after dinner and comes back only once everyone is asleep. Or think of what should I eat, you know I'm good at eating. Hehe. Oh, I should also mention, I also think of my lessons I should study. It's the most important at the moment. Otherwise, I will not graduate high school." she sheepishly added, rubbing the back of her head.

 

'Crush, she has a crush. Aigoo, she's a human after all. But, why it's suddenly upsetting? Of course, since you like her Seo Joohyun. You're such an idiot.' Seohyun felt a little down after she heard it. "What about if you are there for an important game?"

 

"Absolutely just about the ball that I should chase. And play like it's the end of your life." Yoona sneered as she smiled.

 

Seohyun felt proud somehow that her crush is totally a sport minded. "So the third question-"

 

"How about you, Joo hyun? have you ever played a sport?" For the second time, the older girl interrupted her interviewer.

 

"Baseball." But Seohyun instantly answered. "But I'm not like you who is sport minded. I mean, I only play baseball with my friends and my parents for fun. And you know, watch games every time there's an available game to watch."

 

"That's good. And I envy you. You play with your parents. Me, the last time I know was when I'm still in my fifth grade. And it's only with my father. Omma is a fan of football; she doesn't like it at all."

 

Speechless, Seohyun only returned to the third question. "If ever you got the championship for the team, where do you want your team to celebrate the win?"

 

"I have nothing in mind, but last year, when we got the second place, we only went to beach and there we played all along until it was time to sleep. It was seriously memorably because everyone is so drunk yet still able to play. And it was like our motivation to play harder to finally grab the championship trophy. But if ever? I think I would suggest Jeju. I haven't been there, and it's actually the place where my parents had their wedding." Yoona never hesitates and she also shared about the dream place she wanted to visit.

 

"That's what I am also dreaming ever since Appa that he wants to have us a long vacation. I thought the place is really cool and relaxing."

 

"Oh, your family is planning for that?"

 

"Yeah, maybe this summer. Hehe." Seohyuns cratch the back of her neck, feeling shy out of a sudden, once she realized she unconsciously shared it. "Anyway, do you have any special food to eat to maintan the condition of your body every time you play?" So she proceeds to the interview without a missing a beat.

 

"Food? Like I said I am someone who eats a lot.... so I eat every kind of food the staff is providing us... But I eat the cupcakes fans are sending me. It's like my energizer. Like my vitamins to give me a strong body and good mood every games. And I honestly just love cupcakes. Hehe." Yoona confessed shyly.

 

"It seems -- I-I mean... I've seen those fan girls in the audience area, they have this boxes and they're all cupcakes. So all of them are for you." Seohyun just said it in one breath, after she noticed she might have been caught. But Yoona just nodded, confirming it. "Well let's proceed with the fifth question... " she pause when she checks it's the question she also wanted to know. "Um, How do you feel every time you see or hear your fans cheering for you?"

 

"Overwhelemed. Yeah, I always feel really so overwhelmed and it’s just really like a music. It will boost my confidence and so I end up putting on a show. They're like my inspiration too, besides my dream to be a baseballer on a national team someday." Yoona said truthfully. "And I'm so glad that they're not those immature fans I can see from others. They know my privacy and doesn't mind if I see someone." she additionally revealed.

 

"You-You're seeing someone?" And it raised Seohyun's curiosity. But at the same time, it was like an indirect rejection from her crush, she feels like her heart has been stabbed or a lot of thorn was surrounding her heart apparently.

 

"Yup. Every time I'm on a break, I always see her in the school's library. Um, It's the crush I am talking about." Yoona's cheeks turned so red mentioning such detail of her life. "Um, can we move to the next one?" so it's her turn to ask the younger about the next question instead.

 

"Y-Yeah, sure." Seohyun stammers again as she checks the next question. "Where do you yourself ten years from now."

 

Yoona loved the question as it gives her the reason to forget about being shy. "If my plan doesn't go accordingly, then I can see myself as an actress or a reporter. You know, I want to take up mass communication or Performing Arts, since it's also my favorite to act. How about you, Joohyun?" And she did not miss to asked the latter.

 

Despite being broken because her crush is seeing someone, Seohyun still has the courage to go on. "I will be an Accountant, Since I find my mother's job really promising."

 

"You like math, don’t you?"

 

"You can say so." She smiled back, doesn't want to disappoint the older girl for her lack of response. And it's honestly the truth.

 

"Hmm, I hate it. No offense but I totally don't love it. I mean, my brain just couldn't understand the formulas or equations right away."

 

"It's okay, you're not alone. There's I think a million of people that doesn't love it." Seohyun explained. "And it's indeed difficult, just like me; I find it like that sometimes."

 

"Seriously you're unique." Yoona can't help it and praised the shy girl. From her blushing to her small mannerism of stammering, she finds them all cute and unique.

 

"I hope I'm unique in a good way." Seohyun got a little concern. It sounds praise but she doesn't know if it's a good thing or not.

 

"Of course In a good way. And I think we will even be friends after tonight." Yoona said with a charming smile.

 

"Chincha? Do you think we really could be friends?" Seohyun's heart somehow smiled when she hears it. And she thought it's more than important for her as a fan who actually thinks she has no chance to be this close with her crush. Maybe her dream to be like someone special for her will just remain as a dream. 'Once fan always a fan.' and she knows that pretty well.

 

"Well, I know you and you me now. I don't mind. That's if you do."

 

"No-No! Of course I would love to." Seohyun couldn't help and immediately clear it. "Anyway, I think I should proceed with the last four questions."

 

"Bring it on." Yoona instantly gives the younger the cue to continue.

 

Seohyun did as the older wants her and doe-eyed girl have answered them honestly. But as she asked her with the last question; 'If there's one special person you like to bring in the finals' game, who would that be?' it took Yoona for a while before she answers it.

 

"If you could consider it, would you like to watch then?" Yoona turned her head to Seohyun and asked the young girl instead; wearing soft gazes and her lips are pulled into a sweet yet small smile.

 

Seohyun's heart skips a beat and her eyes widened. "Y-Yes?" Totally flustered with what she heard. She almost thought she will mention the name of her crush, but turns out not. Her eyes blink and blink as she process the idea into her mind.

 

"Well, since I don't really have a lot of friends, Why not you? And I think we should know each other better well. So this is the way for us to know better, watch my finals game, Okay?"

 

"Are you sure about this?"

 

Yoona nodded her head in confirmation. "But that's really up to you. I can't force you, can I?"

 

"Um... H-Hold on." Ending the recording on the phone, Seohyun made more blinks in front of her crush as she takes her time, but Yoona suddenly pinched her cheeks, causing for her to once again feel shy and cheeks are like a tomato for the nth time.

 

"Come on, it's just easy to be my friend." Yoona grinned as she pinched the younger girl's cheeks again. "Hehe, your cheeks are so puffy, can't help it and pinch them. I hope you don't mind." she sheepishly reasoned, but giggles upon seeing those red cheeks.

 

'Damn, she's really so adorable too.' Said Seohyun at the back of her head as she sighed in defeat. "Okay, I'll come and watch to your game." Well it's a great opportunity for her to have a free access to the game, knowing how expensive would it be to be in the game. And yes, she's now friends with Yoona. Her heart is just jumping of happiness inside.


"Great! That means, I'm reserving you a ticket for the game. A VIP ticket." Yoona said and took her phone out of her pocket and send her coach a message. While she's busy on her mobile device, she didn't notice Seohyun is smiling like a fool while watching her side profile.

 

'Can this be just a dream? Because I don't think I will live the next day. This is too much for a reality. Heck, I still want to live in this world for more years with my parents and few friends. Aigoo, she's definitely my ideal type. I wonder what's her blood type. Because they say if you guys have the same type, you guys will really hang out along well with each other.' Seohyun thought like she has never been thinking about her. But as soon as she heard her phone beeps, it interrupts her thoughts and made her groan quietly. "Omo." too bad for her, it's her mother, asking her if she's already still in the school or she's on the way home.

 

Getting up from the bench, she distance a little and takes her time to think of what will she reply to her mother. Will she tell her she's apparently trapped in the roof top with her crush? Or will she lied? Because she can't deny it to herself, she still wants to stay with Yoona and accompany her until in the morning. Since the deer looks like she will be really sleeping in the roof top. But if she lied to her mother, it will be her first time since she was birth. "What am I going to do?" She began to whine while stomping her feet left and right. She's like in between her dream and her mother, it's a hell situation.

 

But everything have ended when her phone shuts down, causing for her to stop and tried to open it again. Unfortunately, it won't. "Heol, I've been using this earlier. Aish! I should have known! I should have sent Omma a message immediately. You're so stupid, Seo Joohyun!" she smacks her own forehead. Her obviously drained so fast because it was recording their interview for almost an hour.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Yoona finally realizes her new friend is now sitting on the bench, and that wonders her, because she's holding her phone and she can see her troubled face.

 

Sighing heavily, Seohyun turned to face the older one with a sad pout. "My phone is dead and I did not honestly get to message my mother. She was asking if I'm on the way home or I'm still in this school. I'm probably worrying her now." she marched to the bench back and sat down with another loud sigh. "I'm such a stupid-"

 

"Here." Yoona handed her phone.

 

"N-No. It's okay-"

 

"It will be okay if you call your mother and tell her that we are stuck in this roof top. So she won't be worrying a lot." Yoona interrupted before the younger could decline her offer.

 

"Unfortunately, I don't memorize my mother's phone number."

 

"Does she has sns then? Or kakaotalk? So you can call her." Insisted Yoona more. She can't let one person out there having sleepless nights because of worrying over her own daughter; she will feel bad about it.

 

Seohyun once again feel flattered upon learning the deer is concern. "Okay." And she doesn't want to upset her as she took her device and opens her kakaotalk. "But... " However, for the second time, she felt hesitant. "Will it be okay if I tell her we're trapped her?"

 

"Much better. Since I think the night is becoming so late." Said Yoona, without any doubts.

 

"What about you?" Seohyun is worried.

 

"I will probably be staying here until dawn and comes back home to shower." Yoona said with a reassuring smile.

 

"You really don't want to go home and sleep there, instead? I mean, it's going to be cold here. I can't-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter