Ha Dong Hoon

Ji Hyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

Ha Dong Hoon alias HaHa - Dongsaeng 동생

 

HaHa once had a crush on JiHyo. Everyone, including JiHyo knew that. Nevertheless, despite JiHyo’s obvious disinterest towards him, HaHa still acted like a teenage guy crushing on a girl around her. In fact, HaHa himself did not notice his exaggerated actions around JiHyo, that is until JaeSuk hyung dragged him after a recording one day, demanding the little penguin of Running Man to confess to JaeSuk about his true feelings. HaHa knew his Gary hyung too had feelings for the beautiful lady, but HaHa could not control his heart. He was never one to give up halfway in his challenges.

 

HaHa’s feelings towards JiHyo took a turn after he met Byul. Honesty, he was even confused about his feelings. His heart beats faster around Byul just like how it beats fast around JiHyo too. HaHa had always believed in the quote his dad had told him, ”If you truly like somebody, you wouldn't fall for another one”. That's when HaHa realized his true feelings. That night, without wasting any seconds, he went to Byul’s house to confess his feelings.

 

As for his relationship with JiHyo, HaHa didn't really worry much since there was nothing in the first place. They remained friends but as compared to other members, they were not very close. There’s just a barrier between them that no one knows how to break it. Thinking back, it was actually his Byul who was the one to convince HaHa to treat JiHyo better. Apparently, his wife has always been a huge fan of JiHyo. Byul would always scold HaHa if he were to ever mistreat JiHyo, hence leaving him no choice but to get closer to JiHyo.

 

HaHa has always been a follower, not a leader. When Running Man was still in the early production, he became the dongsaeng to JongKook's and HaHa's uri hyung and dongsaeng. He would follow JongKook’s demands. While he was able to lead himself later, he was uncomfortable in taking the first step to get closer to JiHyo. His wife, (who is totally chill about them being close by the way) would force him to invite JiHyo to their house, saying that she was very bored at home. His wife, who was heavily pregnant, would gossip with JiHyo and they would prepare food together, and Haha was chased out from the kitchen. It honestly tickled HaHa's heart seeing JiHyo gossiping since she looks like a little girl. (Not that HaHa ever forget of her identity as a woman unlike the other members, but she seldom acts like a girl.) With JiHyo's weekly visit to his house/restaurant, they got closer. He began to notice her likes and dislikes and finds her adorable when her face scrunch up in disgust when she has to eat vegetables. HaHa felt like an oppa doting on his yeo dongsaeng who is full of aegyo. It was, honestly, the first time HaHa felt like an older brother since he is the youngest in his family. Since then he began to treat JiHyo as his younger sister, often bringing her out to eat (with Byul's permission of course) along with the little Giraffe to avoid unwanted scandals. He would bring her out for meals when he sees that she's tired and bring her to drink when he sensed that she is stressed out.

 

(When JiHyo fell sick due to a cold the next day, he didn't dare admit that she had stayed out until late at night with him because he knew SukJin hyung, JaeSuk hyung and JongKook hyung would skin him alive.)

 

Nevertheless, HaHa enjoyed every single moment he spent with JiHyo. With JiHyo, he was able to feel like a leader. While JiHyo was better at him at some most area, HaHa had never felt competitive with her. In fact he would gladly lose to her. He took pride in the fact that other than JaeSuk, he was the next member who is able to calm JiHyo down when she's infuriated. She was (surprisingly) obedient around HaHa (even if it's not obvious on camera). When KwangSoo that rude maknae tried to hit JiHyo, he would immediately step in between them and stop KwangSoo, like a protective oppa taking care of his sister.

 

HaHa found out about JiHyo's feelings for JongKook when he noticed that the she would always stick to him like glue. Unknowingly, his hyung who has always been shy around ladies, was very comfortable around JiHyo (in fact, too comfortable in you ask HaHa). During filming when t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter