Ji Suk Jin

Ji Hyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

Ji Suk Jin - Daughter 딸

 

 

SukJin knows that he's harsh on everyone, especially her. When Running Man first started and she had first joined as a permanent member, SukJin from the start was merciless to her. Even if she did nothing, SukJin would surely pick on her.

 

Thinking back to seven years ago, SukJin could not help but chuckle at his behaviour towards the sole female member of Running Man. He himself agreed that he was the most childish at that time, despite being the oldest cast.

 

SukJin stared at the lady sleeping at the backseat through the rear mirror. With opened wide and drool hanging on her chin, SukJin can't help but feel protective of the lady whom he had regarded as his daughter.

 

He remembered the times when she broke down in front of him six years ago, saying that it's too hard for her to work in an environment with too much testosterone. After soothing her and making sure she had reached home safely, he promptly sent a message to each member of the show. That night, every member received a long text from their oldest hyung for mistreating JiHyo. None of them blamed her though, as they understood how she felt and the pressure she's under for being the only female in the show.

 

When he fell sick with a severe acute fever a few years ago, JiHyo was the first one to reach out to him. She would occasionally visit his house, bringing baskets of fruits despite her busy schedule. While he would be resting in bed with no energy to get up, he would often hear his wife and JiHyo having fun gossiping and talking. He knew his wife was, too, fond of the little girl lady like himself. His wife would always ask about JiHyo and would nag at her husband to take better care of the lady.

 

SukJin himself wasn't sure exactly when he began to see the lady as his daughter. Perhaps it's when she cried in front of him, or when he sees male guests hitting on the female member, no one would ever know. When JiHyo revealed her that she was dating her CEO many years ago, SukJin felt protective. Along with JaeSuk (who cares for JiHyo like a daughter too), they demanded to meet the guy. At that point, he truly felt like a father meeting his daughter’s boyfriend.

 

He occasionally thought of the future, if JiHyo were to get marry. He wouldn't care whoever the groom is, let it be JongKook or Gary or some other guys, he would surely hold their lives if they were to ever make JiHyo cry. He knew he wouldn't be the one walking JiHyo to the altar but he's sure as hell he would be crying harder than JiHyo’s biological father if that day were to ever come.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter