Kang Gary

Ji Hyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Kang Hee Gun alias Kang Gary - Monday 월요일

 

Monday was undeniably Gary's favourite day throughout the whole week. While majority hated Monday due to Monday Blues, Gary found joy on Monday and occasionally on Tuesday. Thanks to JiHyo.

 

Gary admits he once had feelings for JiHyo for real. It pleases him that she, too, was single at that time. In fact, it wasn't hard for everyone to realize his feelings for JiHyo was genuine, heck even Lizzy, the naive maknae of Running Man for a few short months caught on his feelings. All except her. Gary knew HaHa too liked her but wasn't planning on pursuing JiHyo (which reliefs Gary tremendously, since he would have prioritize JiHyo over his friendship with HaHa, not that he would ever tell him).

 

Monday Couple started in episode 10, when Jongkook and HaHa first found out that he might have a teeny tiny crush on the said female member. They proposed to their rivaling team to leave both JiHyo and Gary behind since they were both awkward with each other. Gary would be lying if he said he wasn't flustered. The awkwardness in the room was so thick that it could be cut by a knife. Gary knew he couldn't just sit there and make no conversation with JiHyo hence he decided to take the first step. Using his own limited money, Gary proceeded to buy a cup of instant Americano from the vending machine, since he noticed that JiHyo would always drink it during the break. He didn't expect JiHyo to actually share the small cup of coffee with him. While their relationship was still awkward and they still did not have each other's phone number, from that day onwards, they were able to greet each other comfortably on filming sets.

 

It was after the filming of episode 12 that Gary finally obtained JiHyo's number, (even though JiHyo's team lost and the condition to get her phone number is that her team must win). While the other Running Man members were still debating on where to have their breakfast late night snack at, Gary had gathered enough courage to head over to JiHyo who was talking to JoongKi.

 

“If you don't mind, can I have your number?” Gary spurted out the question which was harder than his bachelor degree examination, to him at least. (That night, Gary went to sleep with a huge grin on his face, which made JongKook and HaHa, who were sleeping over at his house, wonder if he had gone mad.)

 

When Girls’ Generation’s Yuri came to guest, Gary was of course excited (I mean, who wouldn't right?). Gary, whose heart originally was flustered by the appearance of a goddess, skipped a beat when JiHyo’s comment took him off guard. “On Mondays, I have a man,” she confessed. Gary could feel JaeSuk's and JongKook's teasing gaze followed by HaHa’s subtle obvious nudgings. He was contented.

 

No one had expected the Monday Couple to blow up. Monday Couple became one of the best loveline ever created and it gained a huge fame, especially in Asia. Gary was happy of course. In addition, with the support of their fans, Gary felt that he has no reason to not pursue JiHyo. But of course, there's always obstacles to overcome in everyone's lives. In 2012, JiHyo surprised everyone with her dating news. Gary, along with the other members, knew beforehand since JiHyo had actually revealed it in their chat group prior to revealing it to the world. Nevertheless, Gary was heartbroken that night. He was full of regrets, knowing his love life was gone long before it even started. He drank for nights ever since that day. His drinking got so bad that SukJin and JaeSuk had enough and invited themselves to his apartment to bring the rapper to reality. They were the ones who helped him through the hard times and they persuaded him to move on. (It was easier said than done naturally since he had fallen deep for JiHyo). Gary avoided JiHyo since then.

 

From episode 82 onwards, the word 'Monday Couple’ beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter