Dream house... and meeting mother

His angel

 

There was a sign board written for sale on it; both bold and large. Seohyun and Yonghwa even manage to see it from miles away.

“Oh, Yong... look. It’s for sale...” Seohyun pointed.

Yonghwa nodded.

They parked a perimeter away from the house; decide to walk the rest of the way. The both of them; on that day specifically , been enveloped by the sudden awkwardness. Seohyun was enjoying the panorama while truthfully trying to say something and it has been bugging her while Yonghwa on the other hand was a little more or less having the same thought as Seohyun.

Seohyun turned to see the silent Yonghwa who was only walking behind her as if he was tailing her. Yonghwa’s eyes were on her all along.

“Wae yo?” Yonghwa smiled. “I’m not tailing you if that’s what you mean”

Seohyun’s eyebrow arched, “Who said you were Yong...” Seohyun then stopped her steps. “Walk together with me Yong~”

“Arasso...” Yonghwa smiled following along Seohyun’s wants.

Their steps synchronised as they stepped on the stoned pavement, Seohyun looking to the right while Yonghwa looking to the left. Seohyun kept sighing now and then, trying to find something to talk about.

“Here we are...” Yonghwa said as they finally stopped their tracks exactly at the house’s small white gate.

Small trees decorated the nice little lawn, flower pots here and there and the whole picture looks as if it was from another different place altogether. The contrast was evident; the serene white two storey house standing out amidst the gloomy elegance of the other gigantic houses.

Seohyun loved it. Yonghwa enjoyed reminiscing his childhood.

“Are you two love birds looking for a house?” an old voice suddenly greeted them.

 Both Yonghwa and Seohyun were startled. An ajumma was standing behind them. “We’re just—“they both said. “Looking around...” Yonghwa ended their earlier sentence.

The ajumma giggled, “I see those rings on your finger you lads... recently married?” she smiled revealing more wrinkles.

“Aniyo!” both waved their hands and both were flushing red.

“Aigoo... gwenchanha! You kids are funny! Don’t have to be shy! Come on! Check the house! Come in! Come in!” she briskly waved her hand.

It was surprisingly spacious, the flooring was simple and the house gave out a very comfy vibe.

“The feeling hasn’t change at all” Yonghwa said.

“Oh! You’ve been her young man?” the ajumma asked.

“Nae~” Yonghwa smiled.

“The old couple eventually left this house without any heir...” the ajumma said, “Has been abandoned for years now. I decide to take after this house until someone decides to buy it...”

“Where do you live ajumma?” Seohyun asked.

“I’m just a maid from the huge house just a few blocks away...” She smiled at Yonghwa, “I once knew the old lady who owns this house... a great and sweet lady she was...” the ajumma explained with a fond smile on her face.

Yonghwa nodded.

After a while, the ajumma needed to leave since her employers have arrived home leaving the two awkward couple staring blankly at the opened window. And finally, Seohyun decided to break the silence.

“I wish I can live in this house...”

Yonghwa was quite surprised to hear Seohyun. If only she knew that she’s still alive... this house can be hers. Should he tell her? Yonghwa was then lost in thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------

They were back in the car, finally continuing their journey.

“You like that house Hyun?” Yonghwa asked.

Seohyun simply nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yonghwa’s P.O.V------

No doubt I was planning to buy the house and I have to admit for a moment there when we were alone in the house, I imagined the both of us together. Knowing that she’s still alive really makes me happy but she’ll eventually return to her real self and in fact it will happen, soon and that is what I don’t want to happen; the separation. Therefore, what’s the point on having the house without her by my side?

I turned to Seohyun who was already asleep. “Hyun... are you tired?” It seemed like the colours on her face has drained.

“A little bit...” she said.

I stopped at the side of the road and turned to her once again.

She looked at me. “Why do you stop? I’m fine Yong...”

“Hyun...don’t use your ability again...” I said. Any chance to keep her alive, I’ll keep it.

She looked at me with a questioning expression on her face. I wanted to tell her so much on how much I care for her. I don’t want her to end up dying just to help me. I just want her to be with me. But for now I am going to tell her the truth about herself.

I looked at her forced myself to smile, “I...”

Then there was a knock on my window.

“Who is that ajusshi Yong?” Seohyun asked.

It was Park ajusshi.

I pulled down the window, “Ajusshi! Annyonghaseyo! Why are you here?” I asked.

“Aigoo young master... you’re like... at the very front of your gate!” he beamed. “It’s been a while since you’ve left the main house! It’s nice to see you again!”

I blinked my eyes then I turned to see the surroundings and the truth is, I have arrived. I finally arrived at this dreaded house.