His thanks...

His angel

 

There was a knock on the thick mahogany door; a small knock that drags its occupant’s to once again return to earth. Haewoo spend most of her days ‘thinking’.

Her maid entered sending her a message that the young master is here.

Young master?” she smirked. “I won’t bother if it’s him. Leave me alone...” she waved her hand as she return to her routine. She stared out at the window, heavily curtained somehow blocking the sunlight to enter the room.

She sat on her chair for the whole day staring blankly at the window. She eats when she eats, she works when she works and she sleeps when she sleeps. That is all she does.

Young master is here’ the words rang in her head. Her nails almost went through her palms; she hates that boy. The looks of him send hatred throughout her body like a disease she thought. Yes, a disease is who he is.

------------------------------------------------

“She wished to not to be disturbed... I’m sorry young master” Park ajusshi apologised bowing his little old body.

Yonghwa shook his head, “its fine...” he smiled drily. “We’ll just head out to my house... come Hyun...” he took her hand in his.

“B-but this is already your house?” Seohyun was confused. What does he meant by ‘my house’, she thought.

Yonghwa giggled watching Seohyun’s confusion, “Yes... Hyun~ I don’t live here. There’s another house just outside the kitchen...”

Park ajusshi smiled in awe, “You finally smiled... very handsome. Just like your father...” He turned to Seohyun and he smiled at her, “...you even met a special someone... she is your special someone right, young master?”

Yonghwa flashed a shy smile to Seohyun, “You can say that...”

Seohyun blushed.

------------------------------------------------

They passed through the massive living room and went into the kitchen. “Welcome home young master!” almost everyone that passed by them greeted. Another mahogany door welcomed them.

“It’s been a while since I left...” Yonghwa said to himself.

As Park ajusshi unlocked the door, another house can be seen from the doorstep; a similar looking building as the main house, only a smaller version of it.

“Is that your house Yong? You live there?” Seohyun grew curious.

Yonghwa’s face darkened. He only nodded.

They were greeted with rattles and squeaks as Park ajusshi began to unlock the rustic low gate. The atmosphere around the house was rather cold and gloomy. Moss grew on the marbled stairs; wild flowers wrapped themselves around the majestic poles.

“Anything else I can do for you young master?” Park ajusshi asked again bowing his already arched back.

Yonghwa lightly shook his head, “I’m fine for now ajusshi... Thank you...”

Park ajusshi nodded. “I’ll call the cleaners for you... don’t worry about the interior. This old man has been taking care of this house...” he patted Yonghwa on the shoulder.

“Nomu kamsahamnida ajusshi... jongmal kamsahamnida...” Yonghwa bowed.

Seohyun watched Yonghwa’s rolling tears. It seemed like this Park ajusshi is the only person in this household he can rely on.

“Aigoo... young master... I’m just doing my job. Here...” he put the keys in Yonghwa’s hand and patted his shoulder, “Take some rest... You have had a long journey. You too young miss... You can sleep in any room you like... ten of them in here... or you can choose—“he gestured at Yonghwa, “—his...”

“Ah! Ajusshi...” Seohyun blushed.

Park ajusshi laughed looking at Seohyun before he went out the door leaving the blushing angel and the overwhelmed Yonghwa.

Seohyun made funny faces just so the tense on her face would go away. “Yong... a-are you alright?” she said, finally breaking the silence.

All Yonghwa did was nod and he smiled towards the angel. In truth he was crying in the inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun’s P.O.V---------

Yonghwa oppa hasn’t been talking much for the rest of the day since we arrive here. He was silent when he was supposed to give me a tour around his ‘house’ or should I say mansion; the area is utterly vast.

He kept sighing now and then. I’m worried.

“Oppa gwenchanha?” I asked. We were sitting in a small empty room where we were facing a magnificent sunset view from the balcony adjoining to the room we were in. Oppa finally smiled.

“I’m fine Hyun~” he said. His smile faded then.

“Oppa...” I went closer to him, “Are you thinking about your mother?”

He sighed. Indeed that was the thing that bothered him for the whole day.

“Hyun...” he suddenly called out to me as he rested his head on my shoulder. “I usually spend my afternoon in this room alone...”

I was sitting very still. This is the first time I’ve been close to a man other than Appa.

Yonghwa oppa was dozing off as the sun was setting and at that time he whispered something, “Thank you... Seo Joohyun... for being here with me” he said.

I was touched and other than that I have this feeling; a very nice feeling I suppose and I couldn’t describe it. But all in all, I like that feeling.