The dream house : 1

His angel

 

Seohyun's P.O.V---------

After a while of lefts and rights, we finally came across a private housing estate owned by those with multibillion assets. I look at each different grand houses; granites, marbles, you name it. Enormous garden in their front lawns and lushes trees grew in some of them. The rest seemed to prefer green and tidy grass.

“Luxurious lives their having” I said.

Yonghwa oppa smiled, “Luxurious... but sad” he smiled as he turned to me.

“What do you mean?” I asked again. Something in his tone made me wonder if it was himself he referred to.

He looked at me for a few moments then went to focus on his driving. “You see that house over there?” he pointed his point finger with his hands still stuck on the steering wheel. “I remember I’ve been there” He pointed at a huge white villa with marble walls at front.

I nodded at him with interest. Every now and then, he opens up to me very easily and I see the tense in his eyes lessens. “Go on...” I said.

“I went there for Christmas with my mother... the one we are visiting now” he explained. “It was a Christmas party I suppose... without fun. Basically everybody who lives in this place are a fake...” his eyes were still on the road as he reveals his childhood memories, living in this area.

He sighed, “I don’t expect you to understand Hyun... it pains me to see all these people. They may have all the things they wanted but... how should I say this... they have no friends...” He turned to the next corner, “There...” he pointed once more, “That plain looking house... white walls and red roof...”

“What about it?” I asked while my eyes were occupied on searching for it. I finally spotted the house Yong had mentioned. “It’s pretty... and kind of out of place...” I thought, how can a simple looking house like that ends up in this place filled with extravagant houses?

“That house is the liveliest house I’ve ever been to... I spent most of my time there” he said with a fond smile.

“Is that your house?”

Yong shook his head, “It belongs to an old couple. They caught me red handed... escaping from school”

“Ah... you’re a pretty ‘good’ boy back then...” I teased. “Do you want to visit them?”

He looked at me with a surprised smile, “Hyun... I don’t think they live... I mean still alive...” Yong giggled, “I was about ten at that time”

I giggled along.

-------------------------------------------

Yonghwa’s P.O.V-----

“Do you want to visit them?” Seohyun asked me.

I giggled, “Hyun... I don’t think they live...” I thought for a moment. I’m not too keen on using the word ‘dead’ so I start again, “...I mean alive... I was about ten at that time”

I watched her giggling along and turning her head once again to her window. “I seem to like it... that house...” I heard her.

“So that is the type of house you like?” I asked.

She nodded.

Then I thought why not I gave her a tour of my childhood days, “We’ll go then... just for a little while before we head for my awkward reunion...”

“Jongmal yo? That’s great Yong...” she seemed to like the idea.

---------------------------------------------------