Chapter 2

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quite known by everyone in the dorm how strong the bound between Jongdae and Minseok was. It was both amusing and cute seeing how comfortable they act around each other, how they could go from joking to cuddling during the day, and everyone was amazed by the fact the they hadn’t fight even once in their lifetime. Theirs was just the perfect relationship, a bound so strong that even a cannon shoot wouldn’t be able to break through it. That is what Jongdae thought as well, and that’s why he couldn’t believe that he was probably going to ruin everything. But even though he thought about it over and over again, he couldn’t deny that he had started to feel something towards that someone who probably saw him just as a friend. He tried to convince himself that it was nothing, that that fluttering he felt in his heart every single time Minseok smiled at him wasn’t real, but as time went by he came to a point where he couldn’t see the older boy just as a friend anymore. Despite all that he still decided that the right choice to make, in order to protect that precious friendship of theirs, was to shut his mouth together with his heart and never ever tell Minseok about his feelings.

Well, that was the plan..

One afternoon Jongdae and the others were practicing a new choreography in the studio. After dancing without a stop for something like 2 hours the dance teacher finally decided to call a break. Water bottles started to fly around the room and everyone stumbled on the floor in order to regain their breaths. Jongdae was happily chatting with Sehun when he suddenly felt someone behind him, just before finding himself between a tight embrace. He felt someone’s head resting on his right shoulder, heavy breath running down his neck.

“Argh, I’m so tired!” said a voice behind. In the exact moment in which the raven-haired boy realized who the owner of that voice was, he automatically stiffened, unable to do or say anything. He felt his heart starting to race faster and faster, he felt it thumping so strongly he thought everyone in the room could be able to hear it. Unfortunately for him, the only person who could hear it was exactly the one who shouldn’t had and who was resting on his back.

“Jongdae, are you not feeling well? Your heart is beating really fast!” Minseok said, sensing the other’s nervousness, leaning forward in order to look at him in the eyes. Wrong move. That was definitely the wrong move, since Jongdae was not prepared to look at the blonde-haired boy’s round and questioning eyes.

The younger boy freed himself from the other’s embrace and literally jumped on his feet, taking a wide step back, almost stumbling over Sehun.

“I-I’m fine! I’m just tired after practicing for so long!” Jongdae replied, trying to wear the most convincing expression he could manage in that moment.

“Oh, if you say so..” Minseok replied, clearly doubtful of the other’s answer.

“Guys, it’s time to start again! Get up and let’s concentrate!” Junmyeon shouted, catching everyone’s attention. Jongdae had never been so relieved to start practicing again, that way he could escape Minseok questions and gaze for a while.

Dancing practice went on for another two hours, finishing around 5 in the afternoon. Everyone was exhausted and the teacher decided that the boys had done enough for that day.

"You can go home for today. You worked hard, well done!" the teacher exclaimed, making everyone sigh in relief after hearing those sweet words.

All the boys started packing their things up, putting their backpacks on their shoulders and leaving the room, chatting happily together about what they should order for dinner. Everyone except one raven-haired boy, who instead was drinking a sip of water from a bottle instead of getting out with the others.

"I'll stay here for a while more, I'll be back in an hour!" Jongdae said to the others, who nodded and waved at him. He actually wanted to practice a bit more, but at the same time that was a good chance to stay away from a certain pair of round brown eyes.

Dang. Wrong guess.

"I'm going to stay and practice with you! Do you mind?" asked a voice behind Jongdae, making him jump in his spot since he thought everyone had left. He turned to look at the person speaking, knowing that he was exactly the one he was trying to avoid by staying in the practice room.

"Minseok-hyung! Y-yes, of course you can stay.." Jongdae replied faking a smile, trying to cover his nervousness.

"That's good then! Let's start!" Minseok said, giving the other a wide grin.

Thump. Jongdae could feel his heart skipping a beat at the sight of Minseok's lovely smile. Practice was going to be twice as hard than before.

The two kept on dancing for an hour straight, repeating the steps which they couldn’t get as they wanted, and refining the whole choreography over and over again, as many times as needed. As they heard the clock striking 6 o'clock they realized they had practiced enough for the day, and it was time to go back home. Sweat wetting their shirts and hair, they sat down trying to catch their breath.

Of course Jongdae decided to sit quite far from the older boy, hoping the other wouldn't notice and complain. And of course that was not going to happen.

"Hey Jongdae.." Minseok started to say between a breath and another, trying to catch the other's attention.

"Mmh?" Jongdae hummed back, lifting his gaze for only a second just before locking it on his shoes, unable to look at the other in the eyes. He only made him a simple question, but it was enough for the younger boy's heart to start racing at a quicker peace.

"I was wondering.." Minseok said quietly, staying silent for a while without continuing, which made Jongdae even more nervous than he already was. "Are you mad at me?" the blonde-haired boy finished, looking at the other's direction with a sad expression painted on his face.

"N-no, why would I be?!" Jongdae said, frantically moving his hands trying to deny what Minseok just said.

The older boy kept looking at him, his concerned expression not leaving his face. He let out a small sigh just before getting up, walking towards Jongdae and sitting cross-legged in front of him. He then took the other's hands in his, move which made Jongdae's cheeks turn a deep shade of pink.

"Do you really think you can fool me like this?" Minseok asked, now wearing a serious expression, still a glint of worry showing in his eyes.

"What are you t-talking about?" the raven-haired boy blurted out in reply, knowing that he couldn't keep his poker-face for much longer.

"I know you better than everyone, you should know I would notice if you turned cold towards me.. and that's exactly what is happening.. I don't know what to do, I don't understand, and this makes me feel useless.." Minseok said, the grip on the other's hand tightening and gaze locked on Jongdae's eyes.

The whole situat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter