Diary & Old Case

His Missing Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ Diary & Old Case

 

     

                Yunho entered the police station, looking so worn out. His tie hangs loosely around his neck, his usual sleek hair was unkempt. Nevertheless, his suit still looked neat on him, showcasing his grandiosity. Yunho looked around, unsure to whom should he confide to. Just then, a man smaller than him approached him.

                “Anything I can help you with, sir?”

                Yunho blinked, “I’m here to file for a missing person –“ Before Yunho could finish his sentence, the smaller man gestured him to another policeman.

                “Right over here, sir.” He slapped the head of a sleeping officer causing the latter to get knocked over his chair, yelling ‘I caught the criminal’ as he fell. “Yoochun-ah, help out this man.”

                Yoochun yelled out ‘yes’, hiding the embarrassment from his episode earlier. Blood surged up, turning his face bright red. As he took back his seat on the desk chair, Yunho heard him muttering ‘he’s 2 years younger than me for god’s sake. And what? Yoochun-ah? I ought to smack that titan’s head’ under his breath. Yunho didn’t care what this Yoochun policeman have to say. He was there to file a missing person’s report; Jaejoong’s report.

                “I’m here to file a missing person’s report.” Yunho started off, keeping his manners in check under the storm of chaos in his mind. The detective ushered him to seat on a vacant desk chair next to him. Yunho stared at the policeman, waiting for the questionnaire to be thrown at him as Yoochun clicked away on his computer. He rummaged around his desk, chanting ‘missing report’ over and over again. After he let out an ‘ahah!’, he began asking Yunho some questions.

                “Is it an adult or a child?” Yoochun asked, not bothering to look at Yunho’s face.

                “Adult? Ah, I need to give out a different form for you. Please fill out this form. Any questions you may ask me.” A form written ‘Run Away Report’ was handed to Yunho. Yoochun finally met Yunho eyes; seeing the man in front of him looking battered and worn out. Eye bags hung low under his eyes, probably from the lack of sleep. Yoochun couldn’t help but felt empathized towards the man. He must have loved the person run away so much for him to be in this condition. Yoochun caught a glint of sadness in Yunho’s dark eyes. Why did this person leave him like this? He or she is cruel – to treat him like this. Yoochun cleared his throat, blinking the tears away. He always sympathized other people even if they were criminals. To Yoochun, the only reason human beings became such a cruel creature was because of the sadness they’ve undergone. Doesn’t matter what type of sadness; death of a loved one, betrayal, all of these negatives emotions eat away people until they became a monster.

                “He didn’t run away.” Yunho finally replied.

                “I’m sorry but please don’t misunderstand. For the first 5 years of disappearance, an adult is classified as a runaway case. After that, the court will legally change it to missing person case and then the police will conduct an official investigation.” Yoochun explained carefully, not wanting to hurt the man’s feelings any further than this. He suffered enough. Yoochun couldn’t let the man in front of him felt any more sorrow – in which the police won’t even take his case seriously. Without saying any words, Yunho filled out the form handed to him earlier. His heart broke from the thought Jaejoong would run away from him. No, he wouldn’t. Something must have happened. He penned off and gave Yoochun the form back for him to key into database.

                “Name is Kim Jaejoong. Gender – male. The address is 234-9, Bando Apartment, Songpa 2(i)-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul.” He voiced out, his fingers tapping away on the keyboard. “Your relationship is common law husband.” Yoochun nodded but when he finally understood the words he said, his head snapped – facing towards Yunho. “Hus-husband?” His eyes scanned the gender space, checking Kim Jaejoong’s . He must have read it wrong earlier. No, he didn’t. Clearly written in black bold pen, Kim Jaejoong – Male. He cleared his throat, fearing Yunho would be hurt from his thoughtless action.

                Yoochun’s reactions were predictable – that was all the reaction he got all these years. It was not a new thing for him.

                “Jung Yunho-ssi? I’m sorry but… Only immediate family members can register a missing person’s case.” Yoochun clarifies timidly.

                “I’m his immediate family. He’s my spouse.” Yunho’s voice was firmed, not a hint of embarrassment or shame could be heard from his words. His eyes glimmered with proud, stating his loved one as his in public.

                Yoochun doesn’t know how to handle this problem. Law was not his cup of tea though he was working to enforce the law. He had heard of common law marriage in South Korea but never a same- common law marriage. He didn’t know whether the report he filed would be valid later. He was racking his brain – searching for excuses to hide his lack of knowledge on this side of the law when a tall man, the one who smacked his head earlier, came over to him.

“Park Gyeongsa-nim. Is there a problem?” The tall, younger man loomed over Yoochun and Yunho with his ridiculous height. Though hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter