Past & Marriage

His Missing Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ Past & Marriage

 

     

 

 

            On that fateful day – on the day the both of them met – it was raining cats and dogs. The sky was gloomy gray. Clouds cried out, washing the bloodied-stained world. This world was cruel, gruesome. The people living on the surface maybe wouldn’t understand; constantly living in their blissful world – ignorant of the world. Those who were living under would think otherwise; despising the life that was given to them. This world is indeed cruel and gruesome.

            In front of certain bank – the most famous chained bank in South Korea – a group of workers crowded the lobby, happily chatting among themselves. One kept on inviting his co-workers to dinner with no intention of paying for them. As his life motto stated; Dutch pay is the way!

            “You can pay for your beers yourself, right? For dinner…” The man’s eyes trailed behind him, meeting eyes with Yunho. “He will pay for dinner.” He pointed to Yunho, his other co-worker slash best friend from work. He never had a friend who would last long with him, putting up with his old antics except for Yunho. Every time he pranked Yunho, tricking him into paying for his dinner, Yunho would just let it go and let him have his own way. “We’ll head there first, okay!” He waved at Yunho and left with his other co-workers.

            Yunho looked up; sinking in the view of the crying sky. The smell of rain drifted into his nose, sending nostalgic memories to him. It was a rainy day like this when he first met him. A somber day for his most meaningful memory – but still, Yunho was glad he met him. How he wish he could meet that man again.

            His wish came true – on that summer day five years ago. He could feel time slowed down between them.

            A figure of a man, clad in white from head to toe, came running to the bank lobby. Seeking shelter from the heavy weather. Though it was summer, the cold breeze following suit the rain caused him to shiver. His wet locks covered one of his eyes, water from the rain dripped down - sliding on his pale face. Yunho’s eyes trailed to the side, recognizing the figure who was standing beside him all too well. It was him. He stared at him for a while, thinking of things he should do to catch the man’s attention.

            “Why did it started to rain all of a sudden?” The man beside him voiced out his discontented at the sudden change of nature. However, he had a big smile on his face, contradicting to the words he said earlier. Holding out his hands, he let the rain dropped onto his palm. Yunho stared on, admiring the picturesque man in front of him. He was truly beautiful – with his dripping wet locks and his luscious. The beauty mark sitting at the corner of his eyes beautifully causing Yunho to stare with intent. He certainly was beautiful.

            The man turned his head to the side, causing the staring Yunho to look away. Flabbergasted. Yunho had an umbrella in his hand. He was contemplating whether to give him his umbrella – considering his promise to the man years ago. Nevertheless, he handed the umbrella over to him.

            “Excuse me.” He started.

            “Yes?” Jaejoong responded, eyes widen with anticipation.

            “Here.” Yunho handed the red umbrella over to him. Jaejoong stared at him, baffled as to why Yunho would give an umbrella to him. Maybe Yunho remembered him. Remembered him from years ago.

            When Jaejoong didn’t respond to him, Yunho thought up of an excuse, “I have another umbrella.”

            Hesitantly, Jaejoong took the umbrella from Yunho’s grasp, giving him the warmest smile. Yunho walked away, placing his work bag on his head – the other umbrella he mentioned he had. Maybe he did remember me, Jaejoong monolog. Gathering up his courage, he ran to Yunho, wanting to ask him an important question.

            “Excuse me! Perhaps, do you know me?” Jaejoong stared at him, hoping for an answer he wished for. But when Yunho denied that fact, his face fell - disappointed with the answer. “But why did you gave your umbrella to a complete stranger?” Jaejoong asked again, this time not getting his hopes up.

            “Is it wrong to help a stranger?” Yunho asked back. “Then perhaps,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter